+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: An apology to Mr Mark Connolly Dundee United FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    I find it strange that when we finally seem to be heading in the right direction & hopefully getting back to the top league that we are now disagreeing with each other on the subject of whether we should celebrate or not. Of course there will be relief & yes its taken longer than we would have liked & yes we will need to continue to improve but i am pretty sure that if/ when promotion is achieved there will be a lot of arabs 'celebrating' not just sitting & being relieved that its happened. The very fact its taken longer than it should have & that we have had to watch a lot of utter s..t in that time means for me it will def be a celebration

I won't feel relief as such as after the play off in paisley I knew we'd hit the ground running under Robbie this season as he'd made a few shrewd signings and results were there from Feb-May that we just had to add to, most things I thought and posted then has come to pass and more, I took stick but I've been on the money for the most part, when defending the dodgy group stage it had a lot to do with thequick turnaround from last season due to how late our season finished went the play off, we were ready when it mattered at home to Inverness in August and but got the blip on Oct it's been brilliant and you cab tell we are hungry for more

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The phase 'pissing in the wind' springs to mind. I actually agree with quite a bit he's written but there is no doubt about the constant negativity. Seems to actually enjoy it.
    Nonsense, but I'm afraid sometimes the truth hurts and some folk can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Sorry but I didn't mentioned celebrate in post, I said enjoy the here and now instead of being a sad negative type that never enjoys the good times or appreciate them, we will be fine next season, we are in safe hands, I'm going to be enjoy the ride, loving this season after the previous few, winning the league gets promotion so that would be worth celebrating though, and at the end of the day it is a league title and we'll only be our fourth, not a major one so not one we will ever cherish as an honour list but a memorable season for an the right reasons we will look back on fondly as when we got back on track, cracking spirit, results, crowds, derby wins, Shankland, beautiful kit etc

Look forward to every game just now, doesn't matter if its Hibs or Morton.
    'beautiful kit'... Yeah that just about sums things up... Jees, I really want some of what you're on...

There is nothing that you are saying that hurts, there are no truths either, just a negative slant on a very positive time, the club is on the up.

You got more enjoyment out of the Laszlo period let's be honest and truthful

If it was up to you we'd get rid of our very good manager in the summer despite promotion and totally fk up and undo all the good work he has done sending us up in disarray and running the cohesion and stability, yet you talk shyte about ambition next season, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    'beautiful kit'... Yeah that just about sums things up... Jees, I really want some of what you're on...

You are an absolute belter, someone else picked it up last week, where you select a little quote but ignore the rest of a post.. stoke we have an actual troll here.

You are an absolute belter, someone else picked it up last week, where you select a little quote but ignore the rest of a post.. stoke we have an actual troll here.
    Post of the year! 😂

God help us if we dont sign a team of superstars & challenge for the title next season whilst sweeping all aside & scoring wonder goals every game. You just cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that there is anything to be happy about. & you absolutely love digging at anyone who dares to think things are not as bad as they were. Even agreeing with your assessement of there needing to be further improvement should not stop anyone being able to enjoy the present for what it is. Hopefully a new beginning of many years of United challenging for honours again.

Tbf, he is probably about 20 going by his posts, likely only saw Utd during the Levein years onwards, even still wasting your time!

I am getting too long in the tooth to get embroiled in forum spats with anyone ,let alone fellow fans of our club. But this is a first for me when you are being called out for seeing an improvement in the clubs fortunes, feel a bit optimistic for the first time in years & can enjoy it for what it is. A first step back hopefully to much better times.

Eh! What's it go to do with me lol!
    I agree with a lot of what you said in your earlier post, and I also agree with Bannon's Boots, we shouldn't be at each others throats just because we see the league winning emotions differently.
    But I've agreed with jjaflup in the past about the quality of football we've played in this league under RN and for me that continues to be my biggest worry when looking at the big picture. People will say ah but look at the results, which is correct because the results are excellent. However my concern is that we have a team that's good enough to breeze this league when failing to turn in consistently good football performances. I dont believe we'll succeed in getting top 6 unless we start playing better football, because the quality of the opposition will require it. That's not being negative it's just my opinion about the one thing lacking in the toolbox of what we need to be successful next season.
    But we are in a great place and we have for once the luxury of time to address it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)