+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hard reality is

The hard reality is

Money has ruined football and my club ,so the chances of a club the size of united with our finances winning anything are dramatically reduced. The hard reality is no magic manager that we can afford is going to change that. If we are promoted relegation fights or mid table boredom will be the norm. The odd victory will keep the troops happy .and if you think this post is a bit ironic considering my username. This is due to the fact I will always be happy considering my dad could have taken me to Dens as a nipper then I would be really worried. Time to stick by your club we have been through the thick time to sup up the thin.and live in hope the money bubble
    burst 's but I won't hold my breath.

There is always a chance that a team like ours can win something, which we have proved over the years. But you need someone at the top who can balance the turnover/overdraft against the product on the park.

On the face of it, we dont have debt to a bank that can choose to liquidate us at any moment, but we also dont look like we are capable at the minute of even winning the Fizzy Cup!

And i would love to go back to the days of mid table mediocrity when you go along to Tannadice and 9 times out of 10, i would feel entertained, but i dont see that round the corner!

No I'm not having that it's all pointless !!

Firstly if we can get a new board who are astute with a real hunger to build the club back up we have a chance to get back to where we were, the next step is obviously ressuerrct the youth academy and start producing the countless players we churned out under SC.

Lastly a PROPER management team and scouting system......not a junior class person in sight

The team that beat Aberdeen in that semi final and the great hype about the club could hardly be further away but there is always a way back once Thompson goes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post

Firstly if we can get a new board who are astute with a real hunger to build the club back up we have a chance to get back to where we were, the next step is obviously ressuerrct the youth academy and start producing the countless players we churned out under SC.

Lastly a PROPER management team and scouting system......not a junior class person in sight

The team that beat Aberdeen in that semi final and the great hype about the club could hardly be further away but there is always a way back once Thompson goes.
    agree with this 100per cent

Quote Originally Posted by happyarab View Post

,so the chances of a club the size of united with our finances winning anything are dramatically reduced. The hard reality is no magic manager that we can afford is going to change that. If we are promoted relegation fights or mid table boredom will be the norm. The odd victory will keep the troops happy .and if you think this post is a bit ironic considering my username. This is due to the fact I will always be happy considering my dad could have taken me to Dens as a nipper then I would be really worried. Time to stick by your club we have been through the thick time to sup up the thin.and live in hope the money bubble
    burst 's but I won't hold my breath.
    ok just rewrite that bit. Money has ruined football and my club because the chairman has spunked it all

Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post

We've had our differences AP but you're 100% spot on. Great post

Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician delivers a concise and accurate analysis yet again, terminating with the critical caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We've had our differences AP but you're 100% spot on. Great post
    you phucking sooky b$st$rd

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician delivers a concise and accurate analysis yet again, terminating with the critical caveat.
    Stats say 1 in 10 women get stalked at some point. Not sure what the stat is for blokes but I think you've raised it.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Stats say 1 in 10 women get stalked at some point. Not sure what the stat is for blokes but I think you've raised it.

More to the point. Do you agree with the sentiments I expressed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)