+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window . . .

Transfer window . . .

. . . looks like it is going to be interesting judging by these comments after Saturday's results
    Falkirk's Ray McKinnon '' I'll chuck the flops out the window some of that lot won't play for us again ''
    Partick's Gary Caldwell '' It will change in the next 33 days '' and '' vows to axe duds ''
    Dundee United's Robbie Neilson '' There are players here who are not good enough and its my job to
    change it ''

There will be players looking for a club - let there be no doubt.

Getting the right fit for Queens is extremely important, and as Naysmith has suggested he needs workers like Doyle who can slip into any position.

Make no mistake, Partick and Falkirk will make sure that they are not relegated, - so we cannot sit smugly by saying that we have a points cushion over those teams.

If players of the calibre of Holt and McShane are not an option, (as they would transform the team and our position,) - then we need to find at least 3 workers, - who can mould seamlessly into any position.

At this stage in the season, the one thing I would agree with Naysmith is I'd rather have players who gave you 100% throughout the game than someone like Harkins who showed the odd flash of genius. That is undoubtedly how Livingston won the championship last year and how they are plundering their way through the SPL this season.

I accept his statement in the Standard this morning that playing with a small squad enables him to satisfy the players every week......but a few injuries could decimate our team and we would be in dire trouble. This is not the time to sit idly by and watch all the available players disappear to our competitors and come up with the excuse "If only we hadn't had those injuries" in a few weeks time.........now is the time to bring in fresh blood where it's most needed, - and a couple of midfielders who can put a foot on the ball would be my priority.

It's hard to imagine a worse job being done in Scottish football than Falkirks player recruitment. Far bigger than ourselves with a rake more money and look at the state they're in . Another raft of players coming in looks likely but footballers need time to settle and learn how each other plays . ------ It looked as clear as day versus Ayr that we need an offensive midfielder. Two defensive centre mids( well one a utility player) do not work . I don't know if Nicky Low is that man we require but here's hoping PS What about that boy at Edinburgh City called Henderson ? Banging in the goals and maybe he could step up a level or two. I know those in power at Palmerston read here to gauge opinion. What about it Board ?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 31-12-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Was obvious the bigger clubs below us would be bolstering their squads in the transfer window. That's why all these wasted points going into games looking not to get beat rather than to win could really come and bite us on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Was obvious the bigger clubs below us would be bolstering their squads in the transfer window. That's why all these wasted points going into games looking not to get beat rather than to win could really come and bite us on the rear.

falkirk signed a squad up that thay thought would win them promotion and it backfired big time as thay signed duds ,i just cant see what a massive signing spree is going to achieve in the short term for them as thayl need time to blend again ,by that time it could be too late for them .

Living near Falkirk, the story going around is that the head scout who recommended all the players, was also the players agent and a friend of the manager. Only rumour probably started by disgruntled fans but scout and manager are both no longer with club, smoke and fire come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    Living near Falkirk, the story going around is that the head scout who recommended all the players, was also the players agent and a friend of the manager. Only rumour probably started by disgruntled fans but scout and manager are both no longer with club, smoke and fire come to mind.

Falkirk starting to sign new players >

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/01/...l-osman-signs/

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Falkirk starting to sign new players >

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/01/...l-osman-signs/
    I am hoping Callum Semple doesn’t pop up at any of our rivals for the next six months.

27 appearances this season shows he is certainly more than capable in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post

It’s a real worry that both Falkirk & Partick have been promised money to strengthen their squads in the transfer window. Something we can’t afford to do.

I think it's fair to say that we are getting looked on by SPL clubs as a good place to bring their youngsters on that are not quite ready for the rigours of the Premier League. As mentioned on this thread , Falkirk and Partick for example will be shelling out to try and dig themselves out of the hole's they are in. This is not viable for us so the loan system is the way we try to boost the team. Paying part of their wages and only short term, if this system is the best way of keeping us in the Championship so be it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)