+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HI Rodders

HI Rodders

Just a line to tell you how happy i am that your blades are doing so well,and your success is well deserved.
    You and many of the fans deserve this moment,cannot include Herbert.
    Anyway nice to hear that some fans,are concerned with the players having time off,and are worried that the club are not taking Burton seriously.Looking forward to the game .My problem is Wilder is no mug,and he will take Clough and Burton very seriously. enjoy your season ,For us it is nice to be in a relegation battle,With big clubs like Sheff Utd visiting us

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Just a line to tell you how happy i am that your blades are doing so well,and your success is well deserved.
    Anyway nice to hear that some fans,are concerned with the players having time off,and are worried that the club are not taking Burton seriously.Looking forward to the game .My problem is Wilder is no mug,and he will take Clough and Burton very seriously. enjoy your season ,For us it is nice to be in a relegation battle,With big clubs like Sheff Utd visiting us
    Cheers Trevor mi owd pal,i'm sure Cloughie would luv to beat us and shove 2 fingers at his critics among us BLADES.I've said many times that i think he was a little harshly treated when gerrin the push at BDBL but i have to say mate our MESSIAH and his team are on another planet from the style of football we had under Cloughie but apart from when ya play us i wish Cloughie and the Brewers well.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Cheers Trevor mi owd pal,i'm sure Cloughie would luv to beat us and shove 2 fingers at his critics among us BLADES.I've said many times that i think he was a little harshly treated when gerrin the push at BDBL but i have to say mate our MESSIAH and his team are on another planet from the style of football we had under Cloughie but apart from when ya play us i wish Cloughie and the Brewers well.UTCB
    Have to agree Rod ....I liked Cloughie and will never forget the cup runs we had under him....however the improvement in the style and quality of play from what is essentially a similar squad since Tufty has arrived has been amazing.

Wish him and Burton all the best - just feel he should be prepared to let go a bit and have his teams play more freely.

UTB Second is Best

"Second is Best "

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    "Second is Best "

Really?
    Right now - yes its fine - no need to peak too soon. Let Wolves hold the rest of us up til they get tired.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1946 View Post
    Hahaha, you won't ever forget me will you?

Here's one for you to consider...

Chris Wilder's approach to the Sheffield United job is emphatically the correct one. Our fans will all agree.

Nigel Clough's approach is the opposite of Chris Wilder's.

What does that say about Clough, his suitability as our manager and my disapproval of him?

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Hahaha, you won't ever forget me will you?

Here's one for you to consider...

Chris Wilder's approach to the Sheffield United job is emphatically the correct one. Our fans will all agree.

Nigel Clough's approach is the opposite of Chris Wilder's.

What does that say about Clough, his suitability as our manager and my disapproval of him?
    You've got yourself a fan there, Herb. And I'm sure you already know the futility of trying to argue with this fruitcake.

Wilder is the very antithesis of Clough, and it's paying dividends.

cloughy could have been a very good manager for us but was just too negative with his tactics and stuborness mind ive no doubt he will have a plan for next friday

In fairness to Clough, his philosophy of ‘we started with a point and if we end with a point that’s fine no matter who we’re playing’ and him not worrying about not having any shots on goal till mid second-half home or away is probably just the right attitude for a team like Burton trying to stay in the Championship.

But it’s certainly not the right attitude to take for a club the size of Sheffield United trying to get out of the third tier. Clough was ok, by no means the worst manager we’ve had since Warnock, but he wasn’t the right match for United and never would be. It wouldn’t surprise me if Burton turned us over though if we’re not 100% on our game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    In fairness to Clough, his philosophy of ‘we started with a point and if we end with a point that’s fine no matter who we’re playing’ and him not worrying about not having any shots on goal till mid second-half home or away is probably just the right attitude for a team like Burton trying to stay in the Championship.

But it’s certainly not the right attitude to take for a club the size of Sheffield United trying to get out of the third tier. Clough was ok, by no means the worst manager we’ve had since Warnock, but he wasn’t the right match for United and never would be. It wouldn’t surprise me if Burton turned us over though if we’re not 100% on our game.
    I tek your points re;Cloughie bein negative Gray mi owd pal,and we were desperate for promotion but the reason i said he was little harshly treated is that we were in't bottom 3 when he arrived had 2 gr8 cup runs and a play off in the 18months he was in charge.The football we're seein nar is in my opinion the best since the TC years.UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast