+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Whoever eventually buys the club will have no interest whatsoever as to what league we end up playing in. They will only be interested in the re-development of the area and making a huge profit in the process....The football side of the business will merely be a unwanted distraction that came with the package...
    At last we have some common ground Durham, that's exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    At last we have some common ground Durham, that's exactly what I was thinking
    After this extended period of silence probably what most of us fear. NCFC is just a means of getting to richer pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Have you got a sore arse Swale from all those splinters sitting on that fence?
    Extremely

Another week gone, no good news, more debt announced, a convicted fraudster in one of the bid teams, silence on the takeover front.
    Admin seems more likely than a takeover to me, bankruptcy and oblivion not out of the question.

We'll be on evo stick league soon

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Another week gone, no good news, more debt announced, a convicted fraudster in one of the bid teams, silence on the takeover front.
    Admin seems more likely than a takeover to me, bankruptcy and oblivion not out of the question.
    This could have been posted about Notts multiple times over recent years, it's happened so often. I feel strangely calm about it this time, detached even. When we did actually go into admin previously, there was an impetus amongst supporters to do something and of course we all did do something. There doesn't seem to be the same drive this time, we're all a bit more resigned to our fate. It's sad, but understandable, the club has been in the doldrums for years. It's a shame that it didn't work out with Hardy; whatever people's thoughts on him, he revived interest in a dying club and the improvement in the attendance figures are astonishing. It could have ended up very differently. Very sad really, however much he was hoist with his own petard (which he absolutely was of course).

I've still got a feeling that the sale will go through and admin wont happen because it wont be in Hardy's interests to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    This could have been posted about Notts multiple times over recent years, it's happened so often. I feel strangely calm about it this time, detached even. When we did actually go into admin previously, there was an impetus amongst supporters to do something and of course we all did do something.
    Our history doesn't help, but I think it's part and parcel of how football is nowadays. Even if there was the impetus to do something, what could we actually do? Reviving Trust ownership and running the club within its means would be a one way ticket to where we're heading without resolution to the current crisis anyway. And looking at the examples of other clubs isn't encouraging either. Blackpool fans had to boycott for four years, and they only had a successful outcome because of Oyston's legal problems. Charlton fans have been trying to oust their owner for years too, without a resolution as yet. Fans are increasingly powerless, and that's especially a problem in crises like the the one we're going through.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910