+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- City Bar Market Street

O/T:- City Bar Market Street

Anyone remember the name of the wine bar before it became the city bar in the 80s ?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-05-2024 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Was it 'Old Orleans'? (Later 'City Trading House')

ETA: Is this the one you meant?
    https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm004961/posterid/ntgm004961.html?action=cookie
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-05-2024 at 07:06 PM.

No, it's opposite, down steps to it.

Now I'm thinking it's on queen's Street?

Punters was on Queens Street down some stairs. Bar to right and then left another area with dance floor, DJ and another bar.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Now I'm thinking it's on queen's Street?
    In that case I reckon it might be Hardy's Bar, which I think was actually on King Street?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-05-2024 at 01:29 AM.

What was the name of the one that the coloured fella George used to run. It was off the lane that runs from the exit at the top of the Broadmarsh Centre back in the 80s. Something gate? Pedro and co were always in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    What was the name of the one that the coloured fella George used to run. It was off the lane that runs from the exit at the top of the Broadmarsh Centre back in the 80s. Something gate? Pedro and co were always in there.
    Byard's Brasserie, on Byard Lane, off Bridlesmith Gate? Had some cracking Sunday afternoons in there with the Notts players.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Byard's Brasserie, on Byard Lane, off Bridlesmith Gate? Had some cracking Sunday afternoons in there with the Notts players.

Yes that could be it.. George was a good bloke but his missus was a miserable bugger. Hated all the stay backs that George put on at the insistence of Pedro and co.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    In that case I reckon it might be Hardy's Bar, which I think was actually on King Street?
    Give that man a cigar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast