+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2018-19 fixtures

2018-19 fixtures

Premier lg fixtures already out lg 1 out 21st June can anyone tell me WHY besides it being money lg

Thaz gorrit in one. Money LG first and fuq the rest

Or is it Pass so it gives sky plenty of time to change all the dates

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Or is it Pass so it gives sky plenty of time to change all the dates
    I doubt it Dools cos sky's managed perfectly well every other season altering k/o times and dates. It looks to me to be all about the emphasis being on the PL for an extra week and another statement of power to disassociate themselves from the rest of English football

Agree Pass changing subject slightly but the BBC don't broadcast final score during international breaks because they couldn't give a feck about leagues 1,2 and national league. Football stops when the Premier League and Championship isn't in session.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Premier lg fixtures already out lg 1 out 21st June can anyone tell me WHY besides it being money lg
    It gives the PA's at the corporate companies time to fix up the Jollies dates for the Autumn before they are off on their holidays. Man Utd always get a less fashionable club at home on the opening day because corporates will still be on holiday and they don't want to "waste" a home fixture date at Old Trafford if not many of the big boys will be likely to attend.

Doesn’t Premier come back earlier this year to allow for Winter break? If so perhaps linked to that.