+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Dawson stay?

Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Totally agree!
    For once, so do I!

Captain material? Not sure about that one though.

I wonder if any bridges have been burnt between him and Moore? Has Dawson got the arse that much that he can’t accept going back into the fold? Have the present squad rejected him?

All questions we can only wonder about.

I know one thing, we need him so if any pride needs swallowing the club should get on with it and sit him down with his representatives sooner rather than later.

Thing is though after watching us so far do we have anything to lose? As they say things can only get better. We all know it’s going to be tough. Let’s put ourselves in his shoes how would we be? I’m more concerned with the lack of creativity in midfield. So far we have seemed to be running around like headless chickens with no sense of direction. Quite frankly we were a major embarrassment on Tuesday night.

Someone needs to point out to Dawson that’s its BURNLEY ......who are lifting their skirt and showing their knickers to him.....that’s BURNLEY!

As soon as Dyche leaves there they’ll be straight back down again,maybe even with Dyche at the helm.

No other club has shown a serious intent on signing Dawson so wakey,wakey Craig......your no Vincent Kompany!

Someone mentioned Dawson is on a low contract with us.

My advice.....get yourself a better agent Craig.

Nobody makes anybody sign these contracts and if you hadn’t been part of a squad of useless,feckless t o s s e r s then you wouldn’t be suffering a 50% wage cut.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Someone needs to point out to Dawson that’s its BURNLEY ......who are lifting their skirt and showing their knickers to him.....that’s BURNLEY!

As soon as Dyche leaves there they’ll be straight back down again,maybe even with Dyche at the helm.

No other club has shown a serious intent on signing Dawson so wakey,wakey Craig......your no Vincent Kompany!

Someone mentioned Dawson is on a low contract with us.

My advice.....get yourself a better agent Craig.

Nobody makes anybody sign these contracts and if you hadn’t been part of a squad of useless,feckless t o s s e r s then you wouldn’t be suffering a 50% wage cut.
    Burnley, who finished 7th last season, can probably treble his wages and offer him European football next season. He's also from that way too. It must be a really hard decision for him....

And no doubt, many on here would be the first to say how greedy he would be if he was stalling on a contract for better terms. He's a good honest pro. If we get a big offer for him and he wants to go then I'd respect that. But I'd rather he stays.

And we didn't get relegated last year because of Dawson, that I can vouch for. You can't blame him for the squad or transfers in or out etc. Only his own performances, which were as good as anyone's last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Burnley, who finished 7th last season, can probably treble his wages and offer him European football next season. He's also from that way too. It must be a really hard decision for him....

And no doubt, many on here would be the first to say how greedy he would be if he was stalling on a contract for better terms. He's a good honest pro. If we get a big offer for him and he wants to go then I'd respect that. But I'd rather he stays.

And we didn't get relegated last year because of Dawson, that I can vouch for. You can't blame him for the squad or transfers in or out etc. Only his own performances, which were as good as anyone's last year.
    Good honest pro!!!

So not go on training camps whilst getting paid, whatever you may think is a pittance, is honest?

Whatever he wants to do as player re move or not, he should do what he is paid until he the club says otherwise.

Regarding he owing us nothing, what a load of b ollox.

He was an error prone nobody when he started with us and it is the managers and coaches we have employed and paid for that have worked on his game with him to iron out all those mistakes.

So I won't be feeling sorry for poor Craig who is getting a fraction of other players wages, according to only you BTW.

And for him and Foster using the excuse of people losing their jobs like gmac and yacob, since when do we allow players to dictate player policy.

And if the real employees who lost their jobs because of Relegation was such a big issue to them why didn't they all put into a pot to save the jobs.

Apart from poor Craig, of course because he gets one seventh of chadli's wages I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Good honest pro!!!

So not go on training camps whilst getting paid, whatever you may think is a pittance, is honest?

Whatever he wants to do as player re move or not, he should do what he is paid until he the club says otherwise.

He was an error prone nobody when he started with us and it is the managers and coaches we have employed and paid for that have worked on his game with him to iron out all those mistakes.

So I won't be feeling sorry for poor Craig who is getting a fraction of other players wages, according to only you BTW.

And for him and Foster using the excuse of people losing their jobs like gmac and yacob, since when do we allow players to dictate player policy.

And if the real employees who lost their jobs because of Relegation was such a big issue to them why didn't they all put into a pot to save the jobs.

Apart from poor Craig, of course because he gets one seventh of chadli's wages I presume.

Could not agree more with you Blood! People who go to games work hard for their pittance so what Dawson has done is appalling! Wish I could do this to my company but would be told immediately to - DO ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Good honest pro!!!

Give him some credit, he's not turned into one of our most important players purely because of 'good coaching'. It because he is a good honest pro, and I'm not in the know but I presume something has happened behind the scenes which lead to not going on the training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Could not agree more with you Blood! People who go to games work hard for their pittance so what Dawson has done is appalling! Wish I could do this to my company but would be told immediately to - DO ONE!
    You're thinking with your Albion hat on here..

What if you were the best at your job within that company. And you're in demand, could easily go elsewhere and get paid 3 times more than what you're currently earning.

Unless he was s hat on by the whole of the back room staff and then sent the cleaning bill there is nothing that could have happened behind the scenes to justify his actions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)