+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 550 of 922 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 9220

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

That's a good enough reason for me to lean rightwards 😜

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    share your contempt for most ‘organised religion’
    I really think you should reconsider that - by volume of people, organised religion of all persuasions is a force for good, IMO too much opinion is formed by media exposure to the relatively few extremists who use faith as a cloak to either generate income or perpetuate conflict. Just IMO like.

Not something I would reconsider, but if it works for you, then no need for you to reconsider either. A view that historically would have resulted in my summary execution for heresy by whichever religion heard it said😊

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I really think you should reconsider that - by volume of people, organised religion of all persuasions is a force for good, IMO too much opinion is formed by media exposure to the relatively few extremists who use faith as a cloak to either generate income or perpetuate conflict. Just IMO like.
    Yep...okay...long day, should have chosen my words more carefully.

To my way of thinking...Jesus Christ may, to me, be a heroic role model and I know there are some wonderful individuals who subscribe to various religions.

Unfortunately, again imo, I feel the damage that has been done by religion - either as a means of social control or an endless source of conflict - outweighs the good.

Suppose, when it comes to religion, I’m in the same place as you and GP are with Brexit...a tad undecided.
    Sure JC would have favoured Remain though.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-09-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If all of the organised religions were to liquidise all of their assets they could eradicate hunger, homelessness and poverty in one fell swoop. They aren't going to though.

JC would have been a remainer!! Hmmmm, I guess that tongue was firmly in your cheek.

Mexico isn't in the EU, not is Palestine, so I'm not sure he would have had a vote, unless he had managed to sneak over from Camp Sangat after he had decided to go for political asylum, and been granted it on the basis that his new methods to feed the poor on fish and bread were deemed to be for the good of the UK benefits claimants.

No, hang on, if he had been granted political asylum in England, then the Italians,as fellow EU members, could have got him extradited to face charges of sedition back in Jerusalem. So he would have had to stay in somewhere like Albania to avoid being nailed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If all of the organised religions were to liquidise all of their assets they could eradicate hunger, homelessness and poverty in one fell swoop. They aren't going to though.
    MA Hope you are not referring to the CofE they are nearly broke .They only have £8.6 billion in endowments and investments Bonds of £459 million They own 17,000 acres of forests , 105,000 acres of land , They own Hyde Park estate, 16,000churches 42 cathedrals, they own10% of the Metro Centre , Offered £400million for Wonga when they were going bust . They even admitted to employing people in this cathedrals on Zero hours contracts So don't get relying on them to end homelessness any time soon

JC followed the consensus of a majority decision. Pilotte acted out the will of the people and had him nailed. No second vote or dragging it through the courts. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Welcome back Tricky ,that's funny for you

Page 550 of 922 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)