+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell at Home

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Apparently there is a post by a Hearts fan doing the rounds that shows Watt didnt touch the guy! That doesnt change my opinion of what i saw from the players today, but if that is proved to be right, there is a player who cheated to get someone sent off, and a system that is supposed to protect against that sort of thing that has failed us!
    I've seen it an if anything he barely touches the boy. No malice in the challenge whatsoever and his foot goes down towards the boys leg with his natural motion as he is trying to turn the boy. So question is what did the VAR official and then Beaton both see. Absolute shocker of a decision that they had time to check all angles of. Only one conclusion, total bias towards Utd from all officials involved.

I am going to say it again....we don't have a single leader on the pitch. Absolutely rudderless! Again...I will emphasise that the lack of fight, leadership and bottle, will see us relegated this year. How many years did Hamilton stay in this league with much less talented players but they had a fighting mentality. Look at the Livi team....on paper we should be hosing them off the park but in reality we are miles off them and it's all down to attitude. We have obvious deficiencies from our poor signings but that should never mean that we throw in the towel. The team should be pulling together to protect our weaknesses. Instead...they throw in the towel and believe that it is all someone elses problem. We have a team lads that seem to think that they are some sort of social media influencer or a poster boy for cardigans and boat shoes. I would ban every single one of them from social media, I would get half of them down to get a proper haircut and I would double down on training sessions until they generate some sort of resilience. If we are to go down..we should be going down battling. Not this...this is total acceptance of not being that good! We need a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If there was going to be a VAR balls up you could put money on it costing us. I don't think I've ever heard EVERY pundit on Sportsound agree about anything, well I did today, all in agreement that was never a red card.

What will get done about it? Phuckall as it would look bad for VAR right at the start of it's introduction.
    What happens when we appeal it? Be hilarious when it gets overturned. Scottish football, a laughing stock as always.

Can you image looking for our 3rd before christmas![/QUOTE]
    If he's still there at Xmas we'll be down by February.

Quote Originally Posted by arabiain View Post
    I've seen it an if anything he barely touches the boy. No malice in the challenge whatsoever and his foot goes down towards the boys leg with his natural motion as he is trying to turn the boy. So question is what did the VAR official and then Beaton both see. Absolute shocker of a decision that they had time to check all angles of. Only one conclusion, total bias towards Utd from all officials involved.
    Agree that it wasn’t a sending off but is it bias every time a decision goes against you.
    Were the officials biased against St Mirren last week. Doubt it.
    Incompetent certainly.

I personally think the media and the refs are out to get united

Var just gives them extra excuse to get at us

Problem today we played a keeper we know is an absolute disaster

Why risk someone that brought the house down before with Jack Ross. Honestly if he hadn’t started conceded stupid soft goals against Alkmaar this would have been a different season

Fast forward to today. Massive match as only Killie now as winnable game before split

We play him again and it is points dropped

What is the point when you just throw matches away by stupid decisions

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I am going to say it again....we don't have a single leader on the pitch. Absolutely rudderless! Again...I will emphasise that the lack of fight, leadership and bottle, will see us relegated this year. How many years did Hamilton stay in this league with much less talented players but they had a fighting mentality. Look at the Livi team....on paper we should be hosing them off the park but in reality we are miles off them and it's all down to attitude. We have obvious deficiencies from our poor signings but that should never mean that we throw in the towel. The team should be pulling together to protect our weaknesses. Instead...they throw in the towel and believe that it is all someone elses problem. We have a team lads that seem to think that they are some sort of social media influencer or a poster boy for cardigans and boat shoes. I would ban every single one of them from social media, I would get half of them down to get a proper haircut and I would double down on training sessions until they generate some sort of resilience. If we are to go down..we should be going down battling. Not this...this is total acceptance of not being that good! We need a miracle!
    Totally agree. We are done for. Sending off was a joke but we actually looked a bit better when we were down to 10. After watching that today surely the owner must be demanding some answers as to how our club is easily the worst in the league & prob heading down again if something pretty dramatic doesnt happen. Complete lack of urgency, little or no fight & absolute silence from players on the park. Our captain is not playing well but worse is showing no interest in geeing up or driving the team on. We are pitiful all over the park & successive managers have lacked the ability to be able to change games in any way at all.Its utter madness we gave a 2 year deal to Fox. People running the club are wasting huge amounts of money making decisions like that. A lot of our supporters would not want many of St. Mirrens, St.Johnstones or other 'lesser' clubs players in our team but I think its time we gave up any pretence of being a 'footballing' team & stopped paying over the odds wages to lightweight charlatans who think they have made it & in reality offer nothing. Time to toughen up with a back to basics style of player that at least make us difficult to beat. We are soft as ****e

I'm not sure why Ericsson was dropped to be honest. He's not been brilliant by any means but I wouldn't say he's cost us a goal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Fcuk, the UK has had 3 PMs in a shorter space of time. 😂
    Very true TTT 🤣

Just seen the goal again. No idea what the keeper is up to. Other than that I thought he had a confident game.

Just seen the red as well. It's a hard one. Watt defo goes for the ball, but there's a split second where it looks like he the deliberately tries to leave his leg on the player before then trying to pull out. F*ck knows.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)