+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Him wanting it and them wanting him a two different things entirely. Guffball premier teams will not be hiring managers from scotland unless they are Brendan hollywood teeth
    Now there's an idea

I also think there’s a tendency to overplay Derek’s link to West Brom.

A lot of Aberdeen fans think he’s like Cyril Regis

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I also think there’s a tendency to overplay Derek’s link to West Brom.

A lot of Aberdeen fans think he’s like Cyril Regis
    Maybe Millwall would be a better fit for Derek?

Hello chaps,

Just thought I'd get your take on Mcinnes the manager? He's done well with you, how's his style of football? I can almost guarantee it can't be worse than Pulis'!

Remember him as a player and he's well thought of down here. Never shirked a tackle and gave 100% every game.

He seems to be favourite everytime we sack a manager. Would he hack it do you think if he was offered it? Would he come? Seems like he's got a job for life with you guys and our managers tend not to last more than a couple of years.....

Good luck for the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Now there's an idea
    Brendon would not leave Celtic for WBA.
    There is a good chance he'll be here for 10 in a row.
    Potentially, when any of Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal managers move on, then he would consider a move to any of them.
    Otherwise he'll be happy at Celtic unless a top club is interested

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Hello chaps,

Just thought I'd get your take on Mcinnes the manager? He's done well with you, how's his style of football? I can almost guarantee it can't be worse than Pulis'!

Remember him as a player and he's well thought of down here. Never shirked a tackle and gave 100% every game.

He seems to be favourite everytime we sack a manager. Would he hack it do you think if he was offered it? Would he come? Seems like he's got a job for life with you guys and our managers tend not to last more than a couple of years.....

Hi there

Derek’s a bang average manager who’s done the bare minimum in a piss easy league. Shyte with subs, tactically inflexible, likes to bamboozle himself with line ups, hit & miss in the transfer market, doesn’t trust youth players, but gives an outstanding post match interview when he’s not hiding in the dressing room. You’ll tear your hair out watching your team defend set pieces, as marking players isn’t important.

He does have a great ability to convince everyone that he’s the next Alex Ferguson though.

I doubt your chairman will touch him with a barge pole, which is a shame

You can ignore the resident Mcinnes hater

Most fans think he has actually done well in a country that has been dominated by Celtic.

As for Masons comments on a piss easy league, well that in my opinion is subjective. Relatively speaking we are doing pretty well, although we do have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

Like any manager, he doesnt come without his faults, but has taken us to 2nd place in every full season he has been here and last year took us to 2 cup finals. He also won the league cup in his first season. That is something we havent had at this club in decades and thats why he is often seen as our best manager since Fergie and IMO, I think he deserves that accolade to be honest.

My opinon is you would get a decent, honest and hard working manager, who will at times frustrate with his tactics and subs or lack of them at times, but if we all thought we could do better, we would be football managers ourselves.

My fear for him is that the premier league and Scottish league are very different and i dont know if he would be able to make the transition, although, with all due respect, a club like West Brom would likely be a fit for him as the expectations arent the same of the bigger clubs in the league. My opinion is he would at least keep you in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    You can ignore the resident Mcinnes hater

Most fans think he has actually done well in a country that has been dominated by Celtic.

As for Masons comments on a piss easy league, well that in my opinion is subjective. Relatively speaking we are doing pretty well, although we do have one of the biggest budgets in the league.

Like any manager, he doesnt come without his faults, but has taken us to 2nd place in every full season he has been here and last year took us to 2 cup finals. He also won the league cup in his first season. That is something we havent had at this club in decades and thats why he is often seen as our best manager since Fergie and IMO, I think he deserves that accolade to be honest.

My opinon is you would get a decent, honest and hard working manager, who will at times frustrate with his tactics and subs or lack of them at times, but if we all thought we could do better, we would be football managers ourselves.

My fear for him is that the premier league and Scottish league are very different and i dont know if he would be able to make the transition, although, with all due respect, a club like West Brom would likely be a fit for him as the expectations arent the same of the bigger clubs in the league. My opinion is he would at least keep you in the Premier League.
    Agree with most, if not all, of that, apart from:-

To the WBA fan - we had a great side these last four years, based on a 4-2-3-1 formation; two speedy wingers who also protected our vulnerable full backs, a holding midfielder and a dominant centre half who lost fcuk all in the air. They have all since left.

Derek has tried to play the same formation this season with different players and its just not working.; the like for like policy is deeply flawed.

I think he has reached the end of his time here and the WBA opening has happened at the right time. I would wish him well, but I think the WBA vacancy is far far above his level.

We'll see, and good luck if you do get him.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Hello chaps,

I don't think there's a chance a club in the EPL will go for Derek McInnes, despite his WBA past and popularity as a player/captain(?)

As for him as a manager I'd say;

He took over 5 years ago when we were frankly sh!t, and way under performing so you could say he got us at a very good time.

That said, we've finished 2nd 3 times in last 4 years I think it is, and 3rd the other - to a Celtic team who have 10 times the resources we do - a bit like WBA being asked to compete with Chelsea.

My random thoughts on him are;
    - His preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 with pace out wide preferred.
    - Aberdeen are usually functional and hard to beat as opposed to playing outstanding, silky football
    - He's slow to make substitutions
    - He has one or two favourites who never get dropped (Kenny McLean)
    - He's very good at handling the media - he says a lot without giving anything away usually
    - He's reluctant to give youth a chance generally
    - I think he'd be out of his depth in the EPL to be honest.
    - He's improved us significantly since taking over, and as a club we are far more professional in preparation, but the bar wasn't very high back in 2012 or 2013 when he took over.
    - We've only one 1 cup in 5 years, which is disappointing for the 2nd best team in Scotland
    - He sometimes out thinks himself and picks his team as if it dropped out of a tombola - square pegs in round holes.
    - He's a very good man manager apparently - you rarely if ever hear a player say a bad word about him, including ones that have left.

All of the above is irrelevant probably as you'll get someone off the English managerial merry go round I'd think - Big Sam maybe? Sean Dyche?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Wonder if he’ll apply?

Wonder what message that will send to the squad?
    They'd completely get it and understand, same as any of the players would want to talk to WBA if they came in for them.
    Maybe DM could go to WBA and take O'Connor, Considine & GMS with him for £5m? :-)

Page 49 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast