+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Connor turns down 2nd offer from Notts

Quote Originally Posted by 2piesonmyshirt View Post
    Two songs come to mind;
    1. Time to go, time to go .........
    2. Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio ....
    Don’t get me wrong, would love to have him for another year. But as KN says, we only want players that want to be here.
    ....is the correct answer......we have paid the guy's salary for a season whilst he was injured.....he is then offered another deal, twice?....but has not signed....cheerio

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Why would AH offer him a poor contract, and we only have tallpie's word for it that he was? Alan Hardy has been splashing the cash elsewhere to boost the squad, why would he think O'Connor deserves less than others? If it's a fact that the money was there but the length of contract wasn't, then there must be a reason for it. His fitness must come into consideration and O'Connor must know it, as would Nolan, and it would be him that decides a player's capability of surviving the physicallities of a full League 2 campaign.
    .....another spot-on reply.....AH is no cheapskate.....obviously KN still wants him and AH penciled a contract, but the guy has rejected two offers now....once you start setting a precedent ie we will keep upping the offers, the rest of the squad will start doing the same....anarchy reigns with 20 odd players rejecting the initial offers....let him go to set an example

Nothing like people without facts talking *******s....

I dont know the ins and outs so cant comment. But something similar springs to mind which peed me off at the time and that was dean yates being out a long time injured. Notts got him back fit then he p##sed off too the sheep sh##gers. when he did commentary on notts it wound me right up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Nothing like people without facts talking *******s....
    That's the whole purpose of the message board

Is it? Talking sh1t about players, managers, politics, who has the biggest cock etc... it bothers me that some talk like they know for certain, then belittle anyone that challenges.
    IF O’Connor is holding out for more money, then fine, he can leave. IF he is holding out because he feels he deserves a longer contract than that offered, then why is that so bad? Some think he should accept a contract because ‘we paid his wages whilst he was injured’ .Injured playing for us, that’s what happens in football, he shouldn’t just accept whatever is offered. It does not make him a bad person. He is a family man and if he can secure X amount a week for 2 years compared to X amount a week for 1 year, it’s a no brainer, even if he is paid more on the 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Is it? Talking sh1t about players, managers, politics, who has the biggest cock etc... it bothers me that some talk like they know for certain, then belittle anyone that challenges.
    IF O’Connor is holding out for more money, then fine, he can leave. IF he is holding out because he feels he deserves a longer contract than that offered, then why is that so bad? Some think he should accept a contract because ‘we paid his wages whilst he was injured’ .Injured playing for us, that’s what happens in football, he shouldn’t just accept whatever is offered. It does not make him a bad person. He is a family man and if he can secure X amount a week for 2 years compared to X amount a week for 1 year, it’s a no brainer, even if he is paid more on the 1 year deal.
    Can you explain to me how he deserves longer than a year pal? He was rubbish under Sheridan, missed most of this season and is yet to play 90 mins. He had a couple of decent cameos, but there is no guarantee whatsoever that a. He can play a full season on his dodgy knee and b. Whether he will be any good anyway. He is also 30.

Offering him a one year deal with incentives was absolutely the right thing to do. He needs to prove his fitness again. Lincoln are mugs for offering more. I applaud Notts for being sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Can you explain to me how he deserves longer than a year pal? He was rubbish under Sheridan, missed most of this season and is yet to play 90 mins. He had a couple of decent cameos, but there is no guarantee whatsoever that a. He can play a full season on his dodgy knee and b. Whether he will be any good anyway. He is also 30.

Offering him a one year deal with incentives was absolutely the right thing to do. He needs to prove his fitness again. Lincoln are mugs for offering more. I applaud Notts for being sensible.
    Please stop talking common sense.....this is MAD and we talk *******s......some of us anyway!!

I think we can all just agree here. He's our club captain, but if he leaves (even to a a club that finished below us last season) it's okay.

Be handy to keep in the squad. But having just signed 2 new young CMs for a midfield that he only played 5-10% of the games last season) he's not reat worth breaking the bank for. X

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Players are insured against injury
    Insurers can stump up money.
    They can't rehabilitate his knee, involve him in the coaching/scouting set up, pick him for games in the run-in and the play-off squad or decide to offer him a new contract even though he hasn't played 90 mins.
    Of course he must do what's right for him and his family, but IMO the above deserves a wee bit of weight in the decision (not enough to tip it maybe, in which case best of luck to him)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast