+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England vs Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Is Sterling afraid to pass the ball? Sweden defending well so far but I think England will nick this one.
    Why oh why is Sterling in the team? He's had multiple sitters already, including 2 break away one on ones with the keeper and he still ****ing misses. Get him out for God's sake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Why oh why is Sterling in the team? He's had multiple sitters already, including 2 break away one on ones with the keeper and he still ****ing misses. Get him out for God's sake!!!
    Clearly not an international class finisher and against better opposition, you cannot be so profligate, it will come back to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I don't particularly like him, but he's causing them big problems with his pace....he just needs to get that bloody goal....I can see why Southgate plays him...

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Clearly not an international class finisher and against better opposition, you cannot be so profligate, it will come back to bite you.
    He just hasn't got the clarity of thought. The highlight of his international career came when he beat a man and nearly whacked it in the top corner in the first game of World Cup 2014 and it's been pretty much downhill from there.

Anyway, France won with a set piece and a mistake, Belgium with a mistake (from a set piece) and a worldy, we're winning with a goal from a set piece.

That's knockout football for you, I think most of the goals from now on will fall into one of these three categories, apart from Belgium v France which will probably be total mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He just hasn't got the clarity of thought. The highlight of his international career came when he beat a man and nearly whacked it in the top corner in the first game of World Cup 2014 and it's been pretty much downhill from there.
    Oh for a Michael Own type, I'd have Vardy on personally, a much better finisher but they insist on playing high balls in to him when they play him.

Swap out Sterling with Rashford and put them to the sword. Rashford will also pass rather than turning into a none scoring position and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I don't particularly like him, but he's causing them big problems with his pace....he just needs to get that bloody goal....I can see why Southgate plays him...
    I'm having this row with my mate, he thinks like you but I think any striker with pace playing off Kane against Sweden would get chances. I'd rather a player who gets two chances and scores one than one who gets five chances and scores none. He can't shoot or make a final pass, he does my head in. Maybe if we give him ten chances he might actually score, at this level that's crap.

That was a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm having this row with my mate, he thinks like you but I think any striker with pace playing off Kane against Sweden would get chances. I'd rather a player who gets two chances and scores one than one who gets five chances and scores none. He can't shoot or make a final pass, he does my head in. Maybe if we give him ten chances he might actually score, at this level that's crap.
    He also wants a goal so desperately that he's refusing to pass to other better positioned players and wasting opportunities. He's absolutely awful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast