+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Five League Games

Next Five League Games

Next bunch of league matches - not easy, but ***** we keep plugging away. Points wise who knows, could be full house, or maybe 6-7.
    All have much to play for - got to face Mitrovic at Fulham , PNE & Birmingham tricky, WBA, could be 3-0 to either, or a dull 0-0, and a derby with Sheff W.
    Need Cooper back, ideally Roberts aswell, and maybe a Jan signing or two.

That is a tough run..can't see us going through that run unbeaten.

Fulham - Draw

PNE - Win

Brum - Draw

WBA - Loss

SW - Draw

That's a fair assessment rev, we can only hope the chasing pack take points off each other.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    That's a fair assessment rev, we can only hope the chasing pack take points off each other.
    That is why I believe the points advantage we have over the chasers is even more valuable than last season. Only 3 points or so separates the next 8 teams after us and West Brom, which I guess would show it is even more competitive than last year. Reckon you can be assured those teams will be sharing points around each week. Just need to make sure we win more than lose from here on in, and will be a good chance of maintaining that advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Fulham - Draw. Think we will win this

PNE - Win

Brum - Draw - think we will again win

WBA - Loss

SW - Draw
    Predict we will bounce back in next two games - hope so as going to both games

Fulham - Draw

PNE - Win

Brum - Draw

WBA - Loss

SW - Draw
    I can see why you regard Cardiff as a bogey team after yesterday.......
    When the Albion usually play the bottom 5 teams....we usually struggle....know idea why.
    That is a tricky run but more so for the chasing pack...cause they will feel the need to win more then the top two.....
    Our result against Wigan and your result yesterday serve to remind.....if the first half of the season was difficult....the second will be even more so.....

FWIW some thoughts

Probably deluded but...

think we beat Fulham, Brum and PNE. Think we lose to WBA and SW.

No draws. I think at this point a draw is a loss for us if we are trying to pull away

Yesterday's game will tell us if we are going up or now. If we fold after that result and lose or draw 3-5 of these games we''ll end up in the playoffs.

there's a big drop off when we switch up our standard starting line up. we can lose 1 or 2 and be alright but when we switch out 2-3 of the starters and sub in a couple of players in the game we are not the same team.

a couple of other posters have noted how lazy Eddie is compared to Bamford. He's a pure striker compared to the hybrid role that Bamford plays. Much better on the strike but doesn't come back to help. Hernandez does not look the same post injury and we have some tired players. We miss cooper and shackleton. this could be a really ugly spell for us. Need Alioski's fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I can see why you regard Cardiff as a bogey team after yesterday.......
    When the Albion usually play the bottom 5 teams....we usually struggle....know idea why.
    That is a tricky run but more so for the chasing pack...cause they will feel the need to win more then the top two.....
    Our result against Wigan and your result yesterday serve to remind.....if the first half of the season was difficult....the second will be even more so.....
    Gifted em a point after playing em off the park..they had 3 shots and scored from everyone I think..think we are cursed when it comes to Cardiff!

Those at the bottom see those of us at the top see us as a bit of a free hit..expected to lose so they just go balls out..and usually win!

Twists and turns to come and even with the lead we both have over 3rd that can soon disappear over the xmas period.

Getting too old for this kind of drama

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    That is what I am hoping for pal..hopefully go into the new year with a 6-8 point lead.

The 2 points we dropped yesterday could come back and seriously bite us on the ass!

Fulham - Draw

PNE - Win

Brum - Draw

WBA - Loss

SW - Draw
    Seeing where you are on the prediction table this season I find it hard to argue Rev me old mate...

However - Fulham - Draw, PNE - win, Brum - Win, WBA - Draw, SW - Loss

You reckon 6 points , I go for 8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)