+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Al's pre-season message.

Big Al's pre-season message.

Quite a rousing message, and to give AH credit he has done a fantastic job in re-energising support. To get the average attendance from where it was when he took charge to where it ended up last season was way better than I dared hope for. I don't agree with all you say and do Big Al, but I can't see you as anything but a very positive patron of our football club. Keep up the good work!

Agreed, whatever he tweets about or doesn't. He's doing a great job of putting some pride back into Notts and putting his money where his mouth is as well. Keep going AH, you're doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Agreed, whatever he tweets about or doesn't. He's doing a great job of putting some pride back into Notts and putting his money where his mouth is as well. Keep going AH, you're doing a good job.
    Trouble is someone else's season tickets sales have grown also.

Think its "make or break" for him & Nolan this season. the signings are good for this division but,as we know all too well that means feck all.Pre season games don't seem to have given some the buzz.Yes results don't matter in those games but performances do.KN could be on borrowed time by Xmas if not in the top 5 with all the money invested.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Exactly. We can't compete with the team across the river. We think we've had an exciting summer; they've gone out and spent tens of millions. We have to concentrate on getting stay-away fans back on a regular basis, and getting existing fans to bring more of their own.

It's clear that Alan has gambled on getting promotion this season, but spending (relatively) big doesn't always work out that way. I wonder what would happen if we finished outside the playoffs this season. Same goes for Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    It is interesting that for about as long as I can remember the clubs' seasons have mostly mirrored each other, so we do well, they do well, we do badly, they do badly. We can look back on a decade of missed opportunity to catch up and no doubt will be made to pay for it by their promotion bid this season.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly. We can't compete with the team across the river. We think we've had an exciting summer; they've gone out and spent tens of millions.
    By our league's standards we have spent big. By the Championship's standard they are still clinging on to the tails of the big boys. I think they may scrape in to the top 10 but not much higher. After all these years they still have that chip on their shoulder!

Does anyone know how many season tickets have been sold? I see Big Al is looking for at least 6500 this Saturday. I would have thought given last seasons "reasonable" success and the hype over players coming in this summer that 6500 would be the minimum, - I would expect it to be higher.

Stating the b* obvious I know, but the one major factor that definitely increases the fan base is success on the pitch, sustained in the league and getting past the first few rounds of the cup(s). Middlesbrough away has (in my opinion) put paid to the first of the cups, and I still need to be convinced we can do the league bit. Despite their turmoil, I fear Mansfield are better equipped than us, as are Lincoln. Despite the bookies odds, I would put us 6th or 7th in the pecking order.

Roll on Saturday, 3 points will put me at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Does anyone know how many season tickets have been sold? I see Big Al is looking for at least 6500 this Saturday. I would have thought given last seasons "reasonable" success and the hype over players coming in this summer that 6500 would be the minimum, - I would expect it to be higher.

Stating the b* obvious I know, but the one major factor that definitely increases the fan base is success on the pitch, sustained in the league and getting past the first few rounds of the cup(s). Middlesbrough away has (in my opinion) put paid to the first of the cups, and I still need to be convinced we can do the league bit. Despite their turmoil, I fear Mansfield are better equipped than us, as are Lincoln. Despite the bookies odds, I would put us 6th or 7th in the pecking order.

Roll on Saturday, 3 points will put me at ease.
    I agree, would feel more comfortable with a combative midfielder alongside Vaughan. I know that Peterborough are looking to offload Anthony Grant, he'd be the perfect fit I feel for that. Protects the defence, can also be an outlet and would allow Vaughan to do his job. Chances of getting him are zero but you never know. I feel we have changed our attack and this has actually weakened our defence even though that hasn't altered

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast