+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samson sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Drowse View Post
    Yawn
    The phrase Mouth Breather just came to mind. Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Amazingly mate that's what I thought to your often repeated "Oh us poor British white men are so hard done by"

I'm not, my male family members aren't or my mates. Stop using it to justify racism.
    Yawn, same old lefty clap trap.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Ouch - Sid will reply with something along the lines of multi-culturalism blah blah, supporting minorities waffle waffle, tolerance mumble mumble, human rights cough cough.....oh, ........and Right Wing Tory scum will be in there somewhere.....I could be his speech-writer, just reassemble the same 20 phrases in a different order.....take it away El Sidney
    Tarkers it's nothing to do with anything you've written above, it's called being racist and it's wrong.

Drowse it's not a case of right v left, it's a case of right v wrong. I'm left of centre but I don't agree with a EU army, their growing power and I think Claude Junker is an embarrassing drunk but I can have different views on issues apart from seeing things in black and white which the right seem to be unable to do. Anyway just had a spare 20 mins at the end of my 12 hour shift, god us lefties are lazy aren't we. Night night and hope you don't feel too persecuted this week by foreigners.
    Last edited by crazyfists; 20-09-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Sorry but I don't understand your thread apart from the ranting of a poor British white man, we're so downtrodden we get the pick of the jobs, women and are respected a whole lot more than ethnic minorities. I look around at the best jobs, best cars, best houses etc and they're owned by British White men like me and you. I'm not saying we don't earn it but this notion we're somehow second class citizens in our own country is bollox, we run the country.

Are you saying if Sampson was black and said to a white Aluko "hope your family don't bring ebola" that he'd of got away with it? Yeah you're probably right as Ebola has never been a big problem for Britons.

People can be racist you know even casually and it not be "PC claptrap" I'd say if you were manager of a national team and are using comments like that then you're a complete clown, so cocky in your position you don't even think about it. Well sorry but you have to act in a manner befitting your professional role. But yeah poor Mark Sampson...............

Edit - Infact I'll go say that to my black work colleagues and then when I get into my disciplinary meeting I'll say I'm the victim. Complete nonsense.
    Crazy - Simple question....should he have got sacked for making a politically insensitive remark?......yes or no....not even a slap on the wrist and a public apology?

Tarkers it's nothing to do with anything you've written above, it's called being racist and it's wrong.
    Crazy - Lots of us Oldies on here were brought up in the era of Alf Garnet and Rising Damp.....comments like that were common place....and nobody played the race card and looked for compo....and worse, got somebody sacked

"He's never worn shoes" and "his mud-hut was bigger than the others"......all in the first 3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMqRrWhHCg
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 20-09-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Crazy - Lots of us Oldies on here were brought up in the era of Alf Garnet and Rising Damp.....comments like that were common place....and nobody played the race card and looked for compo....and worse, got somebody sacked
    I guess you didn't get those programmes, because Alf Garnett and Rigsby were parodying that attitude.

It doesn't make it right though mate and I appreciate that it was the norm but unfortunately you have to move with the times. Also you have to be professional if your an England football manager.

Do I think he should have got sacked? I do, not cause of hysteria but as a manager representing England and black players then yes he was stupid and paid the price. If he'd have been in a different job then maybe not but he is very high profile and therefore responsible for his words. Anyway hope you're ok mate in the earthquake and I'm off for a well earned beer, night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I guess you didn't get those programmes, because Alf Garnett and Rigsby were parodying that attitude.
    .....but nobody went to court or got tossed out of Equity......then it became PC to do away with humour and make it a criminal offence.....how do we know that Samson wasn't just indulging in a bit of old-fashioned parody as well?

It doesn't make it right though mate and I appreciate that it was the norm but unfortunately you have to move with the times. Also you have to be professional if your an England football manager.

Do I think he should have got sacked? I do, not cause of hysteria but as a manager representing England and black players then yes he was stupid and paid the price. If he'd have been in a different job then maybe not but he is very high profile and therefore responsible for his words. Anyway hope you're ok mate in the earthquake and I'm off for a well earned beer, night.
    No problem Crazy - Nice to see we can disagree without getting carried away.....personally I think the whole thing is OTT.....I'm off for a beer as well. Cheers.

"He's never worn shoes" and "his mud-hut was bigger than the others"......all in the first 3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMqRrWhHCg
    ............. And Jim Davidson's mate 'Chalky' .....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast