+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: League stats under RN

Batman and Robin certainly beats

Weird that some posters get annoyed when confronted with facts or reasons, the facts in the op or the reasons why their have been changes mainly being down to injury... Almost as if they are anti Neilson? or it could just come across that way and my be the case, fact is we don't have a perfect team or manager, we are a tier 2 side looking to get promotion and have started very well, with and disappointment thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Batman and Robin certainly beats

Weird that some posters get annoyed when confronted with facts or reasons, the facts in the op or the reasons why their have been changes mainly being down to injury... Almost as if they are anti Neilson? or it could just come across that way and my be the case, fact is we don't have a perfect team or manager, we are a tier 2 side looking to get promotion and have started very well, with and disappointment thrown in
    See this is the bottom line. Which is that football fans can discuss and debate their clubs players and coaches strengths and weaknesses without being anti the coach or anti the club. This is normal fan behaviour and isn't disloyal to the club the players or the coach in any way.

Trying to shut down debate or ridicule posters as being haters negative or disloyal because you don't understand this is childish imo.

No one is shutting down debate and only childish stuff was your reaction to ttt correctly pointing out the reasons for him making line up changes on the whole had been enforced like he was slighting you (plus balumbies subsequent posts) when he just sees it different

The fact there have been calls for Neilson's head (not by you) across the forums and stuff though it's absolute buffoonery of the highest degree, that's not shutting down debate either, that's just being sensible and fair based on his record, debating mistakes made then obviously that's normal,no one is stopping debate, just arguing the other way and backing out up with facts as well

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No one is shutting down debate and only childish stuff was your reaction to ttt correctly pointing out the reasons for him making line up changes on the whole had been enforced like he was slighting you (plus balumbies subsequent posts) when he just sees it different

The fact there have been calls for Neilson's head (not by you) across the forums and stuff though it's absolute buffoonery of the highest degree, that's not shutting down debate either, that's just being sensible and fair based on his record, debating mistakes made then obviously that's normal,no one is stopping debate, just arguing the other way and backing out up with facts as well

Shedka, go read some of your replies to other posters, and some of TTT’s replies too. You both totally dismiss their points of view most/all of the time, and DO accuse them of hating, even wetting themselves!!
    I for one have not called for Robbie’s head, but certainly expressed concern over his team selection and tactics following the East Fife game (most of which stemmed from similar experiences last season, but granted it wasn’t his team then). I said after the East Fife game I had given him the benefit of the doubt for the coming season, but that performance/result against East Fife gave me the ABSOLUTE FEAR, and similar episodes in the league, would be his own undoing. I said I felt he needed to be more positive this season, and go for it straight from kick off, in ALL games. I believed we had the team to and I acknowledged I’d take another QoS result (like last season), BUT ONLY where we were clearly positive and attacking all game to get the win (not losing with a gutless performance).

The first four games were a revelation, and I, like most others happily posted we were being proved wrong.

We go to Ayr on a high, but then he plays the tentative, sit in and hit on the break approach, and we lose. I just didn’t get why he changed the approach.

Anyway, the next game at Tannadice against the mighty Arbroath, we yet again put in a tentative performance, and almost blow it, but get out of jail with two late goals. I firmly believe the criticism aimed at Robbie after that game (regardless of the result) was fully justified.

The next game against Morton, what can I say.....we blew them away, by simply attacking straight from kick off. Following that, I was right on here posting “That’s what we’re asking for”.

On we go to Alloa, and yet again, and away from home, we start tentatively, and guess what, we get beat. It was Alloa we were playing, bottom of the league, part-timers, yet we couldn’t compete, let alone turn them over. You then wonder why posters are on here going mental?? We got out of jail with Ayr getting beat on Saturday, BUT we cannot afford to keep slipping up every 3-4 games, and honestly fear that’s what’s going to happen, because of Robbie’s stubbornness, team selection (players out of position), tactics, and what appears to be a negative approach away from home (sit in and hit on the break).

Like many other posters, I’m United through and through, supported them for 40+ years, and experienced many highs and lows. I think this is our best chance yet to get promoted, and will be well p!ssed off if we blow it, for the reasons/concerns mentioned above and in most previous posts.

I see jack Ross has been sacked by Sunderland 🤣🤣🤣😁

I give my opinion about others viewpoints. For instance I think Stoke's point about Robbie tinkering with the team is without basis and said so. No one needs to take the hump, I just didn't agree and said so. I'm failing to see what is actually wrong with that. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Shedka, go read some of your replies to other posters, and some of TTT’s replies too. You both totally dismiss their points of view most/all of the time, and DO accuse them of hating, even wetting themselves!!
    I for one have not called for Robbie’s head, but certainly expressed concern over his team selection and tactics following the East Fife game (most of which stemmed from similar experiences last season, but granted it wasn’t his team then). I said after the East Fife game I had given him the benefit of the doubt for the coming season, but that performance/result against East Fife gave me the ABSOLUTE FEAR, and similar episodes in the league, would be his own undoing. I said I felt he needed to be more positive this season, and go for it straight from kick off, in ALL games. I believed we had the team to and I acknowledged I’d take another QoS result (like last season), BUT ONLY where we were clearly positive and attacking all game to get the win (not losing with a gutless performance).

The first four games were a revelation, and I, like most others happily posted we were being proved wrong.

We go to Ayr on a high, but then he plays the tentative, sit in and hit on the break approach, and we lose. I just didn’t get why he changed the approach.

Anyway, the next game at Tannadice against the mighty Arbroath, we yet again put in a tentative performance, and almost blow it, but get out of jail with two late goals. I firmly believe the criticism aimed at Robbie after that game (regardless of the result) was fully justified.

The next game against Morton, what can I say.....we blew them away, by simply attacking straight from kick off. Following that, I was right on here posting “That’s what we’re asking for”.

On we go to Alloa, and yet again, and away from home, we start tentatively, and guess what, we get beat. It was Alloa we were playing, bottom of the league, part-timers, yet we couldn’t compete, let alone turn them over. You then wonder why posters are on here going mental?? We got out of jail with Ayr getting beat on Saturday, BUT we cannot afford to keep slipping up every 3-4 games, and honestly fear that’s what’s going to happen, because of Robbie’s stubbornness, team selection (players out of position), tactics, and what appears to be a negative approach away from home (sit in and hit on the break).

Like many other posters, I’m United through and through, supported them for 40+ years, and experienced many highs and lows. I think this is our best chance yet to get promoted, and will be well p!ssed off if we blow it, for the reasons/concerns mentioned above and in most previous posts.
    Good post. Couple of things. Like Ballumbie I'm a long term dyed in the wool Arab, since 1963 and no-one is going to get away with inferring im disloyal just because im open enough to give constructive criticism to players, managers or the club. Looking at your faults, knowing them, understanding them, is the basis of how you get better in life. And in sport. It's a positive trait to be able to debate strengths and weaknesses.

Ok that out of the way, my main point is I think the forum is in danger of degenerating into a Dee type forum scenario if this isn't addressed. By that I mean if people want to vent a bit or criticise a bad performance in some way they shouldn't be getting constantly hounded by the same 2/3 posters who won't hear a bad word about anything to do with United. These posters should make their point and move away and stop trolling with posters on the thread in question. It's getting ridiculous tbh.
    Calling people muppets, knicker wetters, told to STFU, it's not right and let me be frank it's not being stamped on because the main mod agrees with that poster.
    If it goes on I'm going to post less, can't be ar5ed with this, im sure other posters feel the same.

So far I'm happy with the start to the season. Every team will drop points and have off days. This is the level.

We are top. Defeat to Alloa doesn't give me cause to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    …my main point is I think the forum is in danger of degenerating into a Dee type forum scenario if this isn't addressed. By that I mean if people want to vent a bit or criticise a bad performance in some way they shouldn't be getting constantly hounded by the same 2/3 posters who won't hear a bad word about anything to do with United. These posters should make their point and move away and stop trolling with posters on the thread in question. It's getting ridiculous tbh.
    Calling people muppets, knicker wetters, told to STFU, it's not right and let me be frank it's not being stamped on because the main mod agrees with that poster.
    If it goes on I'm going to post less, can't be ar5ed with this, im sure other posters feel the same.
    Absolute nail on the head in my opinion. I've been thinking this for a while and I'm getting more and more disillusioned with what I'm reading on here these days. All I read are posts having a go at other posters and picking faults with what other folk are saying, people accusing others of saying things and really petty stuff, even going as far as name calling. There is as much of that as there is about actual football and the club in general.

We're all frustrated at where we find ourselves and how long it's taking to bring some respectability back to the club but do we really need to be jumping down each other's throats just because we have a different idea about the best way to take the club forward?

When all is said and done, no one on here has any say on team selection/signing players/hiring or firing managers so no one poses any kind of threat to the team/club or it's progress. By that token, it is my opinion that anyone should be able to voice their opinion without things descending to a personal level and specific posters being singled out for scrutiny and previous posts being trotted out as evidence.

I for one will not be hanging around much longer if this continues and I'm sure others won't either. Before you know it, this place will just be the bickering forum for the select few.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Good post. Couple of things. Like Ballumbie I'm a long term dyed in the wool Arab, since 1963 and no-one is going to get away with inferring im disloyal just because im open enough to give constructive criticism to players, managers or the club. Looking at your faults, knowing them, understanding them, is the basis of how you get better in life. And in sport. It's a positive trait to be able to debate strengths and weaknesses.

Ok that out of the way, my main point is I think the forum is in danger of degenerating into a Dee type forum scenario if this isn't addressed. By that I mean if people want to vent a bit or criticise a bad performance in some way they shouldn't be getting constantly hounded by the same 2/3 posters who won't hear a bad word about anything to do with United. These posters should make their point and move away and stop trolling with posters on the thread in question. It's getting ridiculous tbh.
    Yeah to be honest that's what gets on my wick, folk (well mainly one person) suggesting that we're not 'real fans' or that we 'hope United will lose to make our point' - just because we have the audacity to criticise stuff. That's bang out of order.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)