+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Hibs V Aberdeen

6-0? Pfffft we'll overturn that in the return leg.

In other news, I see Jeremiah got his tap room done in pre match along with the Iona.

Ah well, the inevitable has inevitably happened.

Goodwin bought it on himself. Assembled a ridiculously imbalanced squad, an utterly atrocious defence - worst ever - and signed a bunch of absolutely gutless wasters.

The fact he’s also tactically clueless just doubled down on his complete lack of suitability for the job.

Those players though, fuuck me. Just get rid and start again. That level of a lack of character and professionalism is unforgivable.

Cormack was good tonight. Owned it, took responsibility and fronted up to the media and fans. Exactly as it should be. His mistake was everything that happened post match tonight should have happened on Monday (should have happened after livi away being honest but there we go).

Cormack deserves all the flak he gets as his biggest responsibility at AFC he’s got disastrously wrong twice now, but nobody can doubt his love for and commitment to the club.

Massive decision for him here. Manager, but also the whole setup and structure behind the scenes. As others have said, Gunn & Mowbray should be getting their jotters too.

Regardless of the other roles though, the manager is far and away the most important role. 3 strikes and he should really be out too. I hope he gets it right, I really don’t know if he will though…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Ah well, the inevitable has inevitably happened.

Goodwin bought it on himself. Assembled a ridiculously imbalanced squad, an utterly atrocious defence - worst ever - and signed a bunch of absolutely gutless wasters.

The fact he’s also tactically clueless just doubled down on his complete lack of suitability for the job.

Those players though, fuuck me. Just get rid and start again. That level of a lack of character and professionalism is unforgivable.

Cormack was good tonight. Owned it, took responsibility and fronted up to the media and fans. Exactly as it should be. His mistake was everything that happened post match tonight should have happened on Monday (should have happened after livi away being honest but there we go).

Cormack deserves all the flak he gets as his biggest responsibility at AFC he’s got disastrously wrong twice now, but nobody can doubt his love for and commitment to the club.

Massive decision for him here. Manager, but also the whole setup and structure behind the scenes. As others have said, Gunn & Mowbray should be getting their jotters too.

Regardless of the other roles though, the manager is far and away the most important role. 3 strikes and he should really be out too. I hope he gets it right, I really don’t know if he will though…
    We can’t really afford not to get it right this time around but where, I wonder, is all the severance funds, the new player budget and possible compensation for a new management team going to come from? We’ll also need to offload a number of dud signings at a loss, or continue to pay them - we, and indeed they, must know who they are. We have already cashed in on our best talents in recent years and the figures mooted for Miovski and others must now be pie in the sky. This next throw of the dice, I truly believe, if not yet a final one, could be pivotal to the future of the Club as we know it. Get it wrong and gate receipts will undoubtedly dwindle too to add further to the potential misery. There’s only so much money that DC, a successful businessman, will throw into the Club and whilst he has his detractors, without his financial help, we could well end up with a spell in the Division below in years to come, or worse. I truly believe it’s that bad and without DC it would actually be a lot worse.

Just playing devil's advocate here, and not necessarily what I believe, but maybe the players did it for the fans and should be applauded.

A large portion of the fan base have wanted shot of Goodwin since we came back from the World Cup break, some before that, and some before he even got the job. Perhaps the players have picked up on this and shared our frustration at team selection, tactics and so on. As a result they downed tools to help force what we all wanted.

It might not be a lack of respect for the club. It might be more the case they have grown to love the club and the fans. Maybe they (like us) feel that those paying their hard earned cash deserve a manager who can train his squad properly and who is tactically astute.

Maybe they hate going to training every day because they know it's got no structure and direction, and as a result the product offered at 3pm on a Saturday (all games should be played at 3pm on a saturday, like all test matches should start on a Thursday) will not reflect their capabilities or what we deserve.

Maybe, like the striking nurses, ambulance drivers et al, they love their jobs but feel they deserve better than a halfwit in charge of their destinities.

Maybe they have done it for us, tried to force for us what we want and deserve. Done it in the hope of bringing in a manager with a clue who can move us forward. What we all want. A shared belief in the potential and rightful place of our great club.

Maybe Shinnie came back and went "what the f**k has happened here? Right lads, let's get this clown out and I'll show you what this great club means".

Or maybe they're a bunch if lazy petulant charltans who have no pride in return for their decent monthly pay check.

I guess their showing, and any change in spirits, under the next manager will help clarify.

But what they do know is that RJs list of potential managers, and his idea of realistic ambition (which granted is very admirable) is total pie in the sky stuff.

Picking up on DondyDan, I understand why folks are saying get rid of them all, etc., no character, not fit to wear the shirt….

But just pause for a second and remember that Shinnie and Hayes were both on the pitch. I can’t see that they can be put into that category. We have years of evidence of the opposite. Yet Shinnie didn’t even get on the pitch at Darvel and both looked shadows of themselves yesterday.

Is it not possible that the team were so dispirited by Goodwin’s management style, tactics, etc. that they became less than 100% up for it? They’re only human.

And what on earth is going on with Besuijen? Not even on the bench yesterday.

Can’t stand Richard Foster but am inclined to agree with him that the players had just had enough.

Personally, I wouldn’t write them all off. Not like we can afford to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    And what on earth is going on with Besuijen? Not even on the bench yesterday.
    Vinnie and Richardson were left out as better players in the squad deserved the places more.
    Vinnie appears to have been bommed out and appears Richardson too, who went from playing bad every week to not getting a look in at all.

Both players cost fees too.

Be interesting to see who starts and how we play on Wednesday night now that JG has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Vinnie and Richardson were left out as better players in the squad deserved the places more.
    Vinnie appears to have been bommed out and appears Richardson too, who went from playing bad every week to not getting a look in at all.

Both players cost fees too.

Be interesting to see who starts and how we play on Wednesday night now that JG has left the building.
    Strange. I’ve never seen Vinnie have a bad game but I’ve never seen Richardson have a good one though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Strange. I’ve never seen Vinnie have a bad game but I’ve never seen Richardson have a good one though!
    Never seen Vinnie have a bad game, really? He's not a bad player, but does go MIA during games.
    Read he may be away before Wednesday too, if inclined to believe Twitter.

The problem with the majority of these players is that they seem to be spineless and clearly don’t care about the club and fans.

What happens if they don’t like the next manager?

They will just down tool’s again,clearly no professional pride in most of them.

Major clear out needed in the summer again,the current players just can’t be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The problem with the majority of these players is that they seem to be spineless and clearly don’t care about the club and fans.

What happens if they don’t like the next manager?

They will just down tool’s again,clearly no professional pride in most of them.

Major clear out needed in the summer again,the current players just can’t be trusted.
    I'm sure they care, at least most of them will, but we will never know what went on between them and Goodwin.
    I know nothing about what goes on at the club internally, but I am convinced there was a major breakdown of trust between manager and players.
    We all will have worked for a manager we cannot stand and sure it happens a lot in football.
    If it was something to do with a falling out with Goodwin, we should see an improvement on Wednesday night and I hope we do.
    The only way we move forward is by winning games and I am sure any players coming the ***t will soon be out the door.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast