+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    It is a ridiculous situation to be in because the remoaners decided to ignore the law that said that the referendum result would be respected and that we would leave the EU if the people voted out. That bill was passed in the commons and lords and was given royal assent. Now all of a sudden the remoaners are saying if Boris ignores the law they might send him to jail. ****ers the ****ing lot of em who will not accept the will of the people.
    The bill was drawn up by Grieve and the EU, how can a bill created by a foreign power have any legality?

May and the EU should have been looking at all the different options, Norway and Canada-type deals but May and the remoaners don't want to leave at all, the WA is designed to be so bad that people clamour to rejoin.

I think our biggest problem has been that we the people have not got behind leave like the remoan campaigners have done.

What we should have done is forced out remoan MP's who represented leave areas and forced a by election in those areas as soon as we found out they did not represent what their constituents voted for.

I keep posting this because this is the truth.

A proper Labour MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Yes but will the minority accept it ?
    There is no deal, not one to suit everyone. There’s going to be winners and losers. Somewhere along the way there’s got to be compromise from the EU and UK.
    More than three years on from a referendum and two years of negotiations and still no nearer to leaving, ridiculous situation to be in.
    First of all I'm a strong leaver and a bit of rarity because I hold left of centre views but not even the PM is above the law and the fact is leaving the EU without a deal will be unlawful as from monday .

I'm afraid whilst I understand the PM's sentiment he's now backed himself in to a real corner and created more enemies than is good for him given his reputation and today's political climate .

Practically everyone except a small percentage contained within the ERG are on a mission to bring him down and his political career with it .

It was always going to be a case of him becoming a brexit hero or falling spectacularly on his sword with no middle ground , the PM is as good as finished in my opinion .

Pretty convinced that brexit won't happen and if it does it will be the mildest departure you can imagine , we'd probably may as well stay in .

Leaving the EU is like beating the system or the Hotel California , you can check out anytime but you can never leave and it's pretty much impossible to beat the system unless you are prepared to go all the way to armed combat which clearly won't be happening .

That said the political damage both the two major parties will bear will be huge going forward and over 17m who voted to leave will make them pay in the years to come .

I won't be voting again in my lifetime I can tell you that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I won't be voting again in my lifetime I can tell you that .
    That's why we will stay in the EU.

If anyone's unhappy with how our Politicians have conducted theselves then they should use their right to vote more than ever and abstaining as part of a protest will be ignored.
    Vote someone else in
    Independent candidates will become very popular in the near future. My local politician is independent and has been in place for some time now. Voters won't put up with the shameful conduct displayed by the people from the main political parties elected to represent us.
    If anyone missed it then catch up on this weeks Question Time on the BBC. Be ready to be ashamed and dismayed when you're watching it
    Last edited by flourbasher; 07-09-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If anyone's unhappy with how our Politicians have conducted theselves then they should use their right to vote more than ever and abstaining as part of a protest will be ignored.
    Vote someone else in
    Independent candidates will become very popular in the near future. My local politician is independent and has been in place for some time now. Voters won't put up with the shameful conduct displayed by the people from the main political parties elected to represent us.
    If anyone missed it then catch up on this weeks Question Time on the BBC. Be ready to be ashamed and dismayed when you're watching it
    I can't vote for Labour because of their stance on brexit and I'm no longer a member of the party .

Whilst I agree that the PM is trying his nuts off to get us out of the EU there is absolutely no way I will ever vote Tory given the carnage they have inflicted on economically challenged people these last 9 years and the way they decimated South Yorkshire in the 80's and early 90's .

The Lib Dems , yeh right , that won't be happening either given their support of the tories and austerity for a modicum of power .

Politically homeless is where I'm at and I'll be staying homeless too , not worth a w@nk the whole lot of em .

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    That's why we will stay in the EU.
    No we'll stay in the EU because the system says we will and nowt to do with voting .

How about voting for an Independent candidate then.
    They aren't shackled by local or central party directives and are, in a lot of instances, local people who understand local issues

Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast