+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1551

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe not, but they've realised it was an utterly stupid question to put to the general public. When it comes to backstops, tariffs, no-deals, WTO terms etc not many people have the intelligence or time and inclination (me included) to grasp the finer points in order to make an informed judgement. The question was a very simple one, but finding an answer to it would make Einstein look a simpleton. If it becomes apparent that you have made a big mistake, do you stick blindly to the decision or try and rectify it?
    Indeed a complex question which is exactly why I thought I could entrust the resolution of the finer points to our esteemed leaders. I was wrong. Have you tried to come up with an alternate referendum question or questions? And considered how you would analyse the results?

I was anti-Brexit before the vote, but at no time have I suggested Corbyn as being part of the solution. That's just something you invented.
    Apologies, i had conflated your anti-Conservative view with pro-Corbyn. Who would you have lead the country (none of these is not an answer, that's like saying, "none of these" when asked who to put in goal"

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Indeed a complex question which is exactly why I thought I could entrust the resolution of the finer points to our esteemed leaders. I was wrong. Have you tried to come up with an alternate referendum question or questions? And considered how you would analyse the results?

Apologies, i had conflated your anti-Conservative view with pro-Corbyn. Who would you have lead the country (none of these is not an answer, that's like saying, "none of these" when asked who to put in goal"
    You may find Elite is relatively good at questions but relatively poor at answers.

I would never have asked the question in the first place, which is what I said before the vote. With hindsight, the most sensible thing to do would have been to vote on whether to negotiate a deal to to leave the EU, and then have a second vote to accept or reject that deal. We made it a simple choice instead, so we have to live with the consequences in the name of 'democracy'.

Even though the real answer is "none of these", I realise we have to have a government. I suppose the 'least worst' outcome if we leave the EU is some form of coalition government. I've never previously been a fan of coalitions, mainly on the basis that it's difficult for any party to get their agenda through. However, although Cameron and May weren't to my taste, the fact the Tory party is now under the control of odious individuals like Johnson, Gove and Rees-Mogg, the thought of their agenda getting through makes me reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    You may find Elite is relatively good at questions but relatively poor at answers.
    I always answer any question openly and honestly.

I suspect your judgement of those answers being "relatively poor" is down to them not agreeing with your views.

I would never have asked the question in the first place, which is what I said before the vote. With hindsight, the most sensible thing to do would have been to vote on whether to negotiate a deal to to leave the EU, and then have a second vote to accept or reject that deal. We made it a simple choice instead, so we have to live with the consequences in the name of 'democracy'.
    I recall criticisms that we hadn't looked at and learnt from other countries who've had run more successful referendums/referendi. We have however had a history of being a "first past the post" electorate but in principle, and in hindsight, I find myself somewhat in agreement with you.

I will say that at whatever 'o' clock it was in the morning when the result was becoming clear, and somewhat a surprise to me, my first reaction was "what a brave decision". I am still dismayed at the mess we've since made of it and there's still a few twists and turns to come no doubt.

... if anyone saw BBC4 last night - behind closed doors showing the Brexit negotiations from the EU perspective - you would never go near these people. Their summary of events is their delight that the UK will simply be a colony of the EU.
    Should have gone for 'out' on day 2 after the vote. Softies will regret their weak negotiations.

I always answer any question openly and honestly.

I suspect your judgement of those answers being "relatively poor" is down to them not agreeing with your views.
    More down to the fact you rarely give any solutions only criticism of others but I may be biased!

More down to the fact you rarely give any solutions only criticism of others but I may be biased!
    My solution to Brexit was not to hold the vote in the first place. If those in charge had listened to me, the pound would be much stronger and we wouldn't have pissed £66 billion up the wall with no end product. How many hospitals would that have built?

My advice was ignored, so the solution needs to be found by parliament rather than me.

My solution to Brexit was not to hold the vote in the first place. If those in charge had listened to me, the pound would be much stronger and we wouldn't have pissed £66 billion up the wall with no end product. How many hospitals would that have built?

My advice was ignored, so the solution needs to be found by parliament rather than me.
    My memory may be poor but I seem to remember you posting making a decision about which way you would vote.

My memory may be poor but I seem to remember you posting making a decision about which way you would vote.
    Meaning what?

Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156 LastLast