+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: What a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    One problem with that is NF is not even an MP he could shout as loud as he wanted but having lost it would make him look like some of the remainers in the establishment look now--pathetic.
    While of course the Brexiters look wonderful!

Johnson willing to do anything to launch a leadership attempt is just one example. Jacob Rees-Mogg miles away from understanding what the majority of people will face in the wake of a bad (or no) deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    All of this mess could have been avoided if we had determined that any major change in the constitution could only be brought about by a two-thirds majority. 52-48 is too narrow a split on which to base such a major change and will create bad feeling for years to come. What good is an economic turnaround in 25 years to most of the guys on this board - they'll be long gone or in their dotage.
    Surely, it's the next 25 years themselves that are the most important.
    I can honestly say that a 2/3 majority to leave would have made me accept the result. However, I would still have said that people were making a big mistake because they don't know enough.
    You wouldn't ask the citizens of Nottingham to choose the County team this Saturday when you are employing a staff of knowledgeable experts to make a sound judgement, would you?
    But if it needed a 2/3 majority and either side won 65 - 35 ... where would that leave us?

A Govt with people shouting - 'but 65% of us don't want that!'

I can't see anything but a simple majority. Shame it ended so close (either way).

All of this mess could have been avoided if we had determined that any major change in the constitution could only be brought about by a two-thirds majority. 52-48 is too narrow a split on which to base such a major change and will create bad feeling for years to come. What good is an economic turnaround in 25 years to most of the guys on this board - they'll be long gone or in their dotage.
    Surely, it's the next 25 years themselves that are the most important.
    I can honestly say that a 2/3 majority to leave would have made me accept the result. However, I would still have said that people were making a big mistake because they don't know enough.
    You wouldn't ask the citizens of Nottingham to choose the County team this Saturday when you are employing a staff of knowledgeable experts to make a sound judgement, would you?
    Most bloody games over the past 20yrs would probably not have fared any worse had we been given the option.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    the "younger generation" eventually grow up....idealism goes out of the window and it's every man for himself and his family....
    Couldn't agree more, if only the world was one big Kibbutz eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    I said above it was that post about your Muslim mate’s mum that held the comedy award but 1st paragraph above takes gold easy. Top trolling :-)
    I had a Muslim mate once, just wish I could remember where I put him.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I had a Muslim mate once, just wish I could remember where I put him.
    That's a pity isn't it, I hope you remember soon.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    But if it needed a 2/3 majority and either side won 65 - 35 ... where would that leave us?

A Govt with people shouting - 'but 65% of us don't want that!'

I can't see anything but a simple majority. Shame it ended so close (either way).
    You don't get it, do you? The 2/3 majority is required for a change from the status quo. Anything less means no change.

You don't get it, do you? The 2/3 majority is required for a change from the status quo. Anything less means no change.
    I think maybe it’s you that don’t get it Sid.
    Try reading it again 🤔

Much more needs to be made of the fraud, lies and gerrymandering used to fabricate the narrow leave majority.

If we were talking about a third world country we'd have no hesitation in calling it what it is - a stitch up

The vote should be made void. Forget the looming economic disaster and ignorance about the issues at the time, the main reason we need a new vote is that the first one was illegal.

Of course I get it and fully understand - but do you think that if Leave had won with 65% of the vote but we remained in the EU, that wouldn't continually be brought up, with constant demands for another referendum?

Any PM would really struggle if that happened.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast