+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Aberdeen

They are Allah fearing Muslims OC and are not allowed to touch alcohol!

Not having a go at Jocks per se OC, but the few let themselves, the club and the town down, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Wonder what drunken Turks will be like.
    I fear for our fans in Istanbul, I really do, if there's a more dangerous place for away fans in Europe I don't know where it is. And don't expect help or protection from the police over there, they're often the biggest culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I fear for our fans in Istanbul, I really do, if there's a more dangerous place for away fans in Europe I don't know where it is. And don't expect help or protection from the police over there, they're often the biggest culprits.
    We heard a horror story last night sinkov. One of our faithful was on holiday last year in Turkey and was strolling down the seafront with his missus when half a dozen Turks kicked the living shi-t out of him for wearing his colours! Like you say sinkov, the police where nowhere to be seen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Top goal from Aberdeen, their fans were generally OK but a hardcore of Dons' knobheads caused all sorts of bother. Heavy police presence outside the ground, pissed up Apache Jocks all over Burnley. My son was very disturbed at the aggression displayed by a minority of Aberdeen fans. For my money they can all fcuk right off back to Aberdeen and rot in their cesspits!
    Sad to hear all that. Unfortunately we do have more than our fair share of idiots. Apologies from the decent Reds to you and your son having been made to feel that way.

That said, you let yourself down a wee bit with the bit in bold. I was in town from 4pm yesterday. Drove up and back, therefor no drinking. Racist intimidation from 'your own' was rife - Grown men screaming 'Jock C*nts' and 'F*ck off Sweatie Socks' towards our own women & children will not have helped the situation. I'm not defending the knobheads in our 'support you reference, not in the slightest, simply applying some balance in case you missed it.

Anyway, well done. You won, and in the main I felt it was a good cup tie. We just do not have the penetration you guys have. The supply is there, but we lacked the cutting edge required to progress. Top end of the pitch is a priority.

In the main and, whilst I'm disappointed with the result in the end, Burnley deserved to go through.

Good luck against the Turks - They'll make our lot appear angelic!

EARed
    Sorry you and yours were abused too. We all have a few idiots after a few.
    Glad you enjoyed your trip and the game if not the result. You made us work for it and Lewis played a blinder. Good luck Sunday, they just made it through against an unknown side so you should have s good chance. Your thoughts GMS and Ferguson would be welcomed on that MS thread
    Best wishes

Just for the record EAR I did not put pissed up Apache Jocks in bold and I must confess that we have our own lunatic fringe, but travelling 340 miles to attend a football match, just to drink yourself into oblivion seems bonkers to me!

Two good games though and I must admit to being pleasantly surprised at the quality of several of your players. The relationship between our two managers looks spot on, perhaps we can take a couple of your stars off your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do I care, not at all, but that was yet another joke penalty. It went for us at last, but if you get a goal just because the ball hits a player's hand, the game's hardly worth watching. Six goals in that tie, and 3 of them were down to officials getting it wrong, 50% of the goals, it's a farce.
    Didn't get home until around 2 o'clock this morning so I have just been trawling through everything.
    I agree about the 3 goals sinkov, the penalty Aberdeen got at home was very, very soft indeed. The AR in front of the Bob Lord stand was in dreamland most of the night and it was he who missed the offside leading up to the corner for their goal and he then gave the penalty to Burnley for a ball to hand and the referee reacted as he had to do and, although we scored after the handball, he apologised to Barnes for having blown for the penalty.
    The same AR missed at least two other Burnley offsides and also gave at least three throws the wrong way.

The referee was not helped by the discrepancies and tried to let the game flow, although how he gave them a free kick when Wood was bursting through in the first half I just do not know because Wood was fouled and was stronger than the defender.

Wood's injury was sustained very early on when he closed down one of their defenders and blocked the ball very close to him and it possibly tweaked his upper thigh or the groin.

Anyway, it was a good win against a side who are decent and well organised and whose keeper kept them in it in the second half with three cracking saves. The one he made of Barnes was a real cracker.

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the game last night.
    Good luck to Burnley in the next round.

Thanks - You did well AFC
    I enjoyed it - end to end, plenty of shots and some good goals too.
    You have some good players. Hope you have good season. Still watch out for you after 45 years when I lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Thanks - You did well AFC
    I enjoyed it - end to end, plenty of shots and some good goals too.
    You have some good players. Hope you have good season. Still watch out for you after 45 years when I lived there.
    There’s no doubt you are the better team.
    So we played a way that allowed you the ball and we aimed to counter attack.
    We had some very good chances in both games, but in reality, both teams did lack creativity.
    You seem to play the ball long / into the box a lot and was surprised you didn’t try som shots from outside the box to be honest.

Anyway, enjoy Europe. I think we would have benefitted more from the money than you would have, but who can deny you the opportunity of a wee European run.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)