+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I think there are two issues here. One is the issue of forgiveness and the second is the law of the land. It's a big subject that I'll just skim over.
    Isn't there a requirement that forgiveness is sought for it to be given, you know, the concept of confession and contrition? And even those who seek forgiveness through confession are burdened with a penance.

Personally I can't even start to think about forgiving if someone can't genuinely say sorry and on the basis isn't that how people are ultimately sent to hell?

Tough man Javid posturing to the tabloids and the rest of the right wing scum. More than likely illegal, so for once Thicky is right, it’s going to cost a fortune in legal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Tough man Javid posturing to the tabloids and the rest of the right wing scum. More than likely illegal, so for once Thicky is right, it’s going to cost a fortune in legal fees.
    Nothing to do with being right wing, anyone who can justify children in Manchester being blown up can **** right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Nothing to do with being right wing, anyone who can justify children in Manchester being blown up can **** right off.
    Surely someone like that would be better off being arrested and tried under our legal system rather than be free to cause more mayhem elsewhere or maybe even here in the future?

Surely someone like that would be better off being arrested and tried under our legal system rather than be free to cause more mayhem elsewhere or maybe even here in the future?
    Not very often I disagree with you about politics BFP but if this is legally possible then I think it's the right decision.

Better she isn't here.
    Gives her and her ISIS mates a platform.
    Cancer migrates to other healthy cells, by proximity.
    You're in the minority here fat head.
    Though from experience, you don't like what the majority thinks at the best of times.
    It explains your love of Corbyn so much.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Not very often I disagree with you about politics BFP but if this is legally possible then I think it's the right decision.
    Fair enough Driller, but when you’re not sure the decision a Home Secretary has made is even legal than you have to think whether it’s been made for the right reasons.

Javid’s main priority is playing up to the tabloids and the old reactionaries in the Tory party in his bid to become leader, that’s why he made a big song and dance about a few dozen immigrants before Christmas, and that’s why he’s made this decision. If this girl is a British citizen and she’s committed prosecutable crimes, she should be prosecuted under British law.

Fair enough Driller, but when you’re not sure the decision a Home Secretary has made is even legal than you have to think whether it’s been made for the right reasons.

Javid’s main priority is playing up to the tabloids and the old reactionaries in the Tory party in his bid to become leader, that’s why he made a big song and dance about a few dozen immigrants before Christmas, and that’s why he’s made this decision. If this girl is a British citizen and she’s committed prosecutable crimes, she should be prosecuted under British law.
    To be honest I think it is legal as it's been done before. Apparently she has dual UK/Bangladeshi citizenship so she can be stripped of UK citizenship in certain circumstances, and effectively declaring war on the West makes that viable in my opinion. I think the fewer jihadis in the UK the better, whether in or out of prison.

You may well be right that he's doing it with a leadership contest in mind but I think that's a secondary consideration here.

If this girl is a British citizen and she’s committed prosecutable crimes, she should be prosecuted under British law.
    She has dual nationality and is also a citizen of Bangladesh. That's how he was able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Isn't there a requirement that forgiveness is sought for it to be given, you know, the concept of confession and contrition? And even those who seek forgiveness through confession are burdened with a penance.

Personally I can't even start to think about forgiving if someone can't genuinely say sorry and on the basis isn't that how people are ultimately sent to hell?
    No, forgiveness is the responsibility of the individual whether or not the perpetrator is penitent or not. They don't even have to be present or aware of your forgiveness. The act of forgiving frees you from many negative and destructive effects that can destroy both your physical and mental health as well as your relationships. Unforgiveness is like a cancer that can pollute your whole mind and body. It is the fertile soil from which the root of bitterness can grow and consume you and keep you locked in anxiety, anger and resentment which will affect your ability to trust, love and function. The conscious act of forgiveness breaks the chains and releases you from the power of victimhood. It sets you free. If a person is truly sorry for what they've done and asks for your forgiveness, your consent can also free them from their feelings of guilt and torment and can be the basis of reconciliation. A win win situation. Forgiveness is a very powerful tool for life for those who decide to use it.

Thought I'd respond to your question to take my mind off the game tonight. It was not what I was expecting. A bad day at the office!

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast