+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New signing

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    Could be all down to Garry Monk if Cooke was to happen.
    Cooke has got to be unlikely, he showed he's better than this level already if you're Boro and thought he wasn't ready for the first team yet, you'd at least want him in League 1.

I liked Bailey, he did well at Derby when they were playing his style of football, I just think he's one of those players where if the tactics suit him he shines and if you need him to get stuck in and battle he hides. Don't we already have enough of those?

Incoming according to Crewe Alex official twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Incoming according to Crewe Alex official twitter
    Eddie Nolan from Blackpool. Lets hope that he didn't come from off the beach if you get my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Eddie Nolan from Blackpool. Lets hope that he didn't come from off the beach if you get my meaning.
    18 games in 2 seasons and most of those for a dire York side, it's not filling me with confidence

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    18 games in 2 seasons and most of those for a dire York side, it's not filling me with confidence
    Have faith, believe he has a good attitude, experienced in 200 games, versatile and was not injured last season but did not get the break at Blackpool.

Well this must be the most positive pre season in a long time with so many new players coming in early and not at the last minute. I am really looking forward to the new season and DA new squad . This will be his squad and he will either do well or fail. This is his opportunity to make his mark in football as a manager. A lot of clubs will have been watching him after last seasons turn around and I hope he does well for us and stays for the long haul.

Eddie Nolan is another good signing from Big Dave, the lad has the right attitude and can play all across the back line. He didn't play much for Blackpool but you only have to read some of the Blackpool players messages on twitter to see that he was highly regarded as a team mate. Also, when you see his ex manager Alan Irvine try to sign at all the clubs Irvine has coached/managed, then you know the lad is made of the right stuff and and an ideal Artell type player.

Nolan and Walker are two more good signings. The fee for Walker was reportedly between £75,000 - £100,000. Looks as if the Board have been backing DA in his transfer dealings. Quality signings so far and perhaps another midfielder to come.

Brad Walker certainly sounds like a good signing. Hope Nolan is the same. Wonder if there will be more?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Nolan and Walker are two more good signings. The fee for Walker was reportedly between £75,000 - £100,000. Looks as if the Board have been backing DA in his transfer dealings. Quality signings so far and perhaps another midfielder to come.
    Walker is a young player with a lot of potential, but not the experienced midfielder that DA has said he was after, in fact Hartlepool have been using him as a centre half although he did start out in midfield. They were also going to use him as centre half for this coming season, but there is no doubt he can play in midfield. A switch to Crewe will help in his development and I think he was ready for a fresh start, he does have a lot of games under his belt so should be able to fit into the team. I think Ainley and Wintle will have other ideas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast