+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Leeds United - v - Nottingham Forest ***Matchday Thread***

Ahh, apart from the parking, you didn't have to be in the stand to see all that 5hit.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Was there today, heres my take for what its worth.

Ref yes was poor, should have had a penalty and he should have stamped down much quicker on their shirt pulling and time wasting. From my view in stand Phillips tackle looked bad, not seen it back yet but it looked two footed.....I could be wrong.

Bamford should have had 4, one on one which he took a touch when he should have shot, volley which he somehow mi**** onto the bar, cross into box on his strong foot which he decided to take a touch with his weaker foot, cross into box which he mi**** and dribble to keeper and I'm probably forgetting more. That is the exact game where he is doing **** all and bottling our chances where Roofe could have come on and probably scored, we need this Nketiah on the bench ASAP. I'm desperate for him to do well but other than the odd game I'm just not seeing it when it matters from him, Pablo had a very similar chance one on one to Bamford and Pablo slots it away....

We have no threat at corners and are a circus at the back when defending a corner even before their laughable goal Dawson missed a free header from 8 yards out.

We still play great football and dominate vast majority of game but that means **** all if you don't take your chances and concede the one shot on target at other end.

Felt after we scored we did what we've done quite often before and eased up/given the initiative to the opposition which eventually led to them scoring not that they created a load but we let them dictate the play and have ball around our box too easily and for too long.

When they equalised we were too ponderous going forward, Alioski was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and Costa im not sure whether he was actually being fouled or just going down easily but he looked dangerous.

Parking at Elland Road is a joke. End.
    Cheers Joel always good to get posts from the game. Watched the extended highlights again and much as Bamford is improved he missed at hatful of chances - few occasions where just didn’t make the right run to help the wingers know where to put it. Hope he discovers the secret but tend to agree it could be our Achilles heal.

How long will it take MB to say enough is enough with Bamford and give Edmondson/TK or Eddie a chance? He has to know he's costing us points. The Reading game last season was an embarrassment for Bamf.

I said last week I'd like to see him have chances where he had to think about them. He had those yesterday and failed miserably. He was through on goal had a straightforward lob with his right foot over the keepers head in the 1st half, didn't take it as it was on his 'wrong' foot and the chance was gone. The lob over the keeper 2nd half, brilliant take down then misses an empty net. And he turns away smiling!!! The one he hit the bar, complete miskick. Its so annoying how stubborn Bielsa is. It's like he won't admit he's wrong about his selection.
    Last edited by denver11; 11-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Who knows Denver and to be fair he has been better than last season in effort, runs and work rate but not convinced he will be a consistent regular scorer. He could be very good at number 10 though if he keeps his work rate up.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Cheers Joel always good to get posts from the game. Watched the extended highlights again and much as Bamford is improved he missed at hatful of chances - few occasions where just didn’t make the right run to help the wingers know where to put it. Hope he discovers the secret but tend to agree it could be our Achilles heal.
    Cheers, lots to think about

Meant Joel, sausage fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    Meant Joel, sausage fingers.
    Joel - Denver....so much alike!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)