+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motherwell win three in a row

There's definitely a lot to be happy with but plenty reason for caution too...we were twice very lucky not to go behind on Saturday which could have made it a different game.

If we can keep building our advantage over the bottom three to November and then have half of it left by Christmas I think we'll be able to safely start looking upwards rather than downwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    There's definitely a lot to be happy with but plenty reason for caution too...we were twice very lucky not to go behind on Saturday which could have made it a different game.

If we can keep building our advantage over the bottom three to November and then have half of it left by Christmas I think we'll be able to safely start looking upwards rather than downwards.
    So far so good but we'll need to perform at the likes of Easter Road before I'm fully convinced. There's no doubt we're a much improved team since last season but we'll need to start pickig up draws, at least, at tough away venues. Our result and performance at Perth was nothing to write home about. So, some real tests coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Can any of my fellow Firparkcorner posters put me out of my dilemma, I was at the game yesterday and IMO young Campbell was outstanding and my man of the match.Having read several newspapers with reports on our game his performance doesn't seem to warrant a mention and he failed to get in any of the papers I read team of the day. Did I watch a different game yesterday or was my opinion of Campbell's performance totally wrong would just like to know what my fellow "Well" fans think!
    Today's 'Herald' report belatedly recognises Campbell's influence though, as often happens to us, the gist of the report was about Killie's failings.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Can any of my fellow Firparkcorner posters put me out of my dilemma, I was at the game yesterday and IMO young Campbell was outstanding and my man of the match.Having read several newspapers with reports on our game his performance doesn't seem to warrant a mention and he failed to get in any of the papers I read team of the day. Did I watch a different game yesterday or was my opinion of Campbell's performance totally wrong would just like to know what my fellow "Well" fans think!
    What are you thinking about man......He doesn't play in green and white or blue and white.

Campbell had a great game on Saturday and it will be difficult to displace him from the side if he keeps it up. The next two games will be a good judge of how far we've come. Progress in the cup and a point at Easter road will do for me.
    Last edited by wellin; 11-09-2017 at 04:32 PM.

I note that Campbell made the SPFL team of the week. Excellent.

Name:  TOTW.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  35.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    What are you thinking about man......He doesn't play in green and white or blue and white.

Campbell had a great game on Saturday and it will be difficult to displace him from the side if he keeps it up. The next two games will be a good judge of how far we've come. Progress in the cup and a point at Easter road will do for me.
    Saturday was my first game of the season and I agree Campbell was outstanding. The 1st half was attrocious but the second half saw a better performance due to SR changing the formation and players. One thing about us that I noticed that we are physical and competitive in most areas of the park.

Hammell coming on changed things completely down the left side as he has the ability to get up and support the players in front of him on that side.

All in all a pleasing performance and confirmation, if any was needed, that we were right to offload Thomas and Erwin.

I thought Erwin in particular was very poor. I would have taken him back before a ball was kicked this season. That was an error of judgement. He looks as if he has lost his way a bit. He will have to get the finger out or he will struggle big time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)