+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No further forward now than 5 years ago

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Again that one comes under poor recruitment and Mel is the one who hires them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Again that one comes under poor recruitment and Mel is the one who hires them.
    Somewhat simplistic interpretation imo. For instance Rush was first employed by DCFC in 2013, a good two years before Mel Morris took over.
    I have no idea at all as regards Rush's 'guilt' or innocence and consider it unwise to speculate, but I imagine he appointed many of the staff before MM took over and also had a great deal to do with the subsequent appointments of many of the players and managers. After all, as CEO - on an estimated £500,000 pa - that's what he was being paid to do.
    Not suggesting that MM shouldn't accept some responsibility for some of the many mistakes that have been made since the summer of two years ago, but to heap it all at his door and blame it all on 'poor recruitment', when things were far from sorted when he took over, is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Somewhat simplistic interpretation imo. For instance Rush was first employed by DCFC in 2013, a good two years before Mel Morris took over.
    I have no idea at all as regards Rush's 'guilt' or innocence and consider it unwise to speculate, but I imagine he appointed many of the staff before MM took over and also had a great deal to do with the subsequent appointments of many of the players and managers. After all, as CEO - on an estimated £500,000 pa - that's what he was being paid to do.
    Not suggesting that MM shouldn't accept some responsibility for some of the many mistakes that have been made since the summer of two years ago, but to heap it all at his door and blame it all on 'poor recruitment', when things were far from sorted when he took over, is just wrong.
    Sam Rush was appointed to replace Tom Glick and it's his duty to do his job properly and unfortunately he did a poor job and got sacked by Mel and now we are left with inconsistent players and managers who have been and gone, struggling to fix the ongoing problems of previous managers gone by that other managers haven't been able to fix.

It's all down to poor recruitment ramAnag because if we had good recruitment we wouldn't have gone through all these managerial changes and have problems of having inconsistent players.

Sam Rush was appointed to replace Tom Glick and it's his duty to do his job properly and unfortunately he did a poor job and got sacked by Mel and now we are left with inconsistent players and managers who have been and gone, struggling to fix the ongoing problems of previous managers gone by that other managers haven't been able to fix.

It's all down to poor recruitment ramAnag because if we had good recruitment we wouldn't have gone through all these managerial changes and have problems of having inconsistent players.
    It may well be largely down to 'poor recruitment' but that's not the point is it? You're laying responsibility for poor recruitment squarely at MM's door. You clearly suggest that in posts 11 and 13.
    It is self evidently true that 'if we had good recruitment we wouldn't gone through all the managerial changes etc' but MM didn't actually recruit the highly paid CEO who seems likely to have been most responsible for most of the recruitment you mention did he? He was in post two years before MM took over and in fact Morris now seems to be trying to correct some of those mistakes which, without the magical benefit of hindsight, is all he can do.
    I believe you mentioned flying to Gran Canaria sometime soon. If you're flying Ryan Air and your plane is late, will it be Michael O'Leary's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It may well be largely down to 'poor recruitment' but that's not the point is it? You're laying responsibility for poor recruitment squarely at MM's door. You clearly suggest that in posts 11 and 13.
    It is self evidently true that 'if we had good recruitment we wouldn't gone through all the managerial changes etc' but MM didn't actually recruit the highly paid CEO who seems likely to have been most responsible for most of the recruitment you mention did he? He was in post two years before MM took over and in fact Morris now seems to be trying to correct some of those mistakes which, without the magical benefit of hindsight, is all he can do.
    I believe you mentioned flying to Gran Canaria sometime soon. If you're flying Ryan Air and your plane is late, will it be Michael O'Leary's fault?
    MM tenure ain't exactly seen mistakes being corrected has it we still seeing the ongoing problems consisting and he has put all these managers in to try and solve it but he has failed to live up to the task in trying to get the job done right. It's not been a straight forward easy process and never was but if you think MM tenure of trying to solve the problem has been a success in trying to root out the problem your sorely mistaken.

As for my holiday to Gran Canaria I don't fly out till Thursday and I ain't flying with Ryan Air.

MM tenure ain't exactly seen mistakes being corrected has it we still seeing the ongoing problems consisting and he has put all these managers in to try and solve it but he has failed to live up to the task in trying to get the job done right. It's not been a straight forward easy process and never was but if you think MM tenure of trying to solve the problem has been a success in trying to root out the problem your sorely mistaken.

As for my holiday to Gran Canaria I don't fly out till Thursday and I ain't flying with Ryan Air.
    I do wish you'd stick to the point. Of course problems remain to be sorted. Where have I denied that?
    My only point is...Mel Morris cannot be held totally responsible for all the mistakes. He was not solely responsible for appointments and was not even in position when the CEO concerned was appointed. He doesn't, in all probability, choose the players, wasn't likely to have been directly involved in our recent transfer fiasco, and has nothing to do with either team selection or tactics. Neither was he in any way responsible for us 'giving' Sheffield United three goals recently although seeing as he was in charge when we signed Scott Carson some will probably find a way of blaming Morris.
    You seem to have missed the point about Ryan Air, but I hope you enjoy yourself. Make sure the wifi is good...couldn't bare to be without you for a week or two.

Under MM's and Rush's tenure have we seen any major improvement in the team what so ever nope, we have only gone backwards in our recruitment policy our best chance to have a squad with great potential for the PL was under the 1st Steve McClaren reign and we were more then ready for it but unfortunately due to a Keogh calamity we missed out and here we are now in this current situation rebuilding the balance to get that quality of side we saw under that 1st McClaren reign.

MM has himself to blame for the poor recruitment that has been done under his current tenure and Sam Rush paid his price for his poor recruitment by being sacked by MM.

I know all about the ongoing issue with Ryan Air and get the joke but anyway thanks for the wishing me well on my holiday and I will still be on the forum and keeping in touch about what is going off at Derby whilst on Holiday.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)