+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Luton

Derby v Luton

Long time since this has been a league fixture.
    Should be an almost guaranteed three points but there are injury/fitness issues apparently.
    Not sure what’s happened with Marriott since he joined us. 44 appearances the season before but he seems to have struggled to start two successive matches for us since Christmas.
    Maybe it’s the Samson factor and he should grow his hair back.
    Be a lot more confident if he was available but I’ll go for a narrow 2-1 win and hope for more again.
    Surely Shinnie must get a look in at last...either he’s upset someone or the gap between Scottish football and the Championship is even bigger than we all thought.

Or he's just crap

Agree with rA.
    Narrow win, however, if the ****ers play I'll be rooting for Luton!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Or he's just crap
    In which case...thanks Frank...nice leaving present!

Sure I’ve heard good things about him in Scotland.

Lupoli hat trick should do it. Would be concerned if we didn't bring home the bisto best from this one... 3-1 to the Rams, conceding to a corner.

Or he's just crap
    I am of this opinion

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Agree with rA.
    Narrow win, however, if the ****ers play I'll be rooting for Luton!!
    Still of that opinion now the club has annunced its sanctions mac?

I think the club got it right in not knee jerking to a reaction but rather investigating the facts, many of which we probably don't know yet and possibly never will before coming to a decision.

Should the club continue looking at things in a footballing light now the fines have been announced? I think they should. Mason is probably worth his place on the bench and I would put him there. Tom? If you forget his brilliant display at Huddersfield, IMO, he has done nothing this season to warrant being in the match day squad and proably needs a rest and proper help to address the loss of his Mam. There are those who have said on social media platforms that "I lost my Mam and it didn't affect me like that".... and worse. The point is, Tom isn't you. You aren't Tom. Tom is a far better footballer than you. You coped better with your loss than Tom has. We all respond differently to similar experiences. You are you. Tom is Tom. Tom needs help. I for one hope he gets it and, if that has to be away from football for a while then I hope he gets the chance to get a handle on it.

So Shinnies are like London buses.... you wait for ages then two come along at once

So Shinnies are like London buses.... you wait for ages then two come along at once
    Well at least ours managed ninety minutes so that’s an improvement. Be interested in the verdict on how he played.

Apart from the one chance they put over from about 6 inches out, they didn’t look like worrying Roos who apart from one flap dealt with all the high balls perfectly. He was put under pressure by opponents when receiving the ball on the floor from teammates and, again, apart from one nearly incident got the ball safe.
    Bogle had a good game, not 100% yet but he showed us why we missed him so badly. Had he not had the injury we would be higher up the table than we are.
    Davies was solid both defensively and offensively. Cool,calm and collected.
    Clarke was every bit as good as Davies.
    Malone did as well on the left as Bogle did on the right.
    As a unit the defence was good but they keep getting themselves into tricky situations because they follow Cocu’s instructions. As with every game this season, the full backs moved 20 yards and more infield thereby giving their wide men all the time in the world to put a cross in. This tactic needs amending so that the full backs take note of where the ball is and then at the angle and distance from them of the wide man. Never get too far from him that you can’t close him down or even intercept the pass. Don’t let them get a free pass.
    Shinnie was my man of the match. He was brilliant in the 1st half. Less so in the 2nd but still good. Tackles, passes, covering lots of ground. Great debut.
    Bielik doesn’t have the assurance of Tom H but he had a good game until forced off with a knock. Tackles, passes, interventions. He has excellent anticipation. He’s a young lad and will only get better
    Paterson had another good un. He had a slow start in his Rams career but the last 3 games he has started to do for us what he did to us in the past.
    Jozefzoon had his best game of the season IMO but still only rateD a 5.5 IMO. There is a good player in there but we aren’t seeing it, not even now and again as he did with previous clubs.
    Martin wasn’t up to the standards he showed in his cameo at Leeds or the games against Brum and Barnsley. I can’t remember him making so many misplaced passes in a single game before. Still put a decent shift in though.
    Lawrence had a better game than he has of late but still not good enough. Hopefully he is on an upward spiral and performances improve. A tad lucky with the goal IMO, it was a hit and hope but they all count. Impressed with the way he didn’t celebrate.
    Derby had well the upper hand 1st half. Luton came out of the traps better 2nd half but the Rams came back into it and it was end to end stuff. Neither side created anything like enough real chances. Even the 2 goals were “lucky”.
    Unbeaten in 5 games, 9 points from 2 wins and 3 draws. A decent return in between 2 international breaks although, looking at the opposition it may be less than we might have hoped for.
    Still unsure about Cocu’s penchant for multiple changes most games. It’s not the way to build partnerships in a side. Luton haemorrhage goals yet, apart from the opening joke goal and Lawro’s cross annexe shot wasn’t meant to go in, we didn’t create any real chances. Yet again the final ball was found wanting.
    Pleased with the results in the main but not how we are getting them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)