+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts after 2 players

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think AH was pointing out the kind of players/agents that now want to play for Notts, rather than ‘we’re after such n such a super star’. Compared that to a year ago when players were reportedly driving past ML to sign elsewhere.
    Agreed. It was not a statement that we were after them.

Gentlemen, please give Mr Hardy space to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Gentlemen, please give Mr Hardy space to breathe.
    This in an independent site, it's not like people are stalking him on his Twitter account. Well, they are, but not the 'gentlemen' on here. I think it's a fair point that he shouldn't have mentioned the 'international superstar' when we had no hope of signing him. No-one expects that kind of signing anyway.

I would rather believe Alan Hardy when he says what he says in a small Q&A chat than the cotton wool fed to us by Ray Trew. He hasn't named names and he has told us why, but it does have the whiff of truth about it. He has curbed his excessive use of facebook and not used the meeja to proclaim his latest ideas for the club when he has no intentions of following them up. So many people complain when there is no news coming from Meadow Lane, they think silence means nothing is happening but these little snippets or hints of what is happening at the club, so long as they aren't outright fibs, are what keeps the fans interested and happy and is a lot better than silence, which is the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    This in an independent site, it's not like people are stalking him on his Twitter account. Well, they are, but not the 'gentlemen' on here. I think it's a fair point that he shouldn't have mentioned the 'international superstar' when we had no hope of signing him. No-one expects that kind of signing anyway.
    Don't you think this was worth mentioning then? It wasn't as if AH had made any attempt to lure him to Notts. We never had ANY hope of signing someone we hadn't even thought about - his agent came to us, remember? If this news had surfaced in the press could you imagine the stick he would have got on NM for saying nowt.

I strongly suspect it to be a striker from Everton’s under 21 set up, with them bring illimenated the same as Notts it leaves their young un’s in need of development/game time, also with the strong link between Nolan & Allardyce I expect somebody like Bassala Sambou to be joining us.

David Henen is another there doing well

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    I strongly suspect it to be a striker from Everton’s under 21 set up, with them bring illimenated the same as Notts it leaves their young un’s in need of development/game time, also with the strong link between Nolan & Allardyce I expect somebody like Bassala Sambou to be joining us.
    Illimenated? How imbarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatpie View Post
    despite the talk of a ‘marquee’ signing, i’d be very surprised if we paid a transfer fee or even got anyone in permanently.

Makes more sense to get loans in january i suppose, they won’t be recalled, and they give us more flexibility in the summer depending on which division we’re in.
    this

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast