+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The JTW. What do we need?

The JTW. What do we need?

1. Pace up top. Cole was that. Maybe back in for him or sights set higher?
    2. CB. Need cover.
    3. CM. Maybe back in for Lenny? Or.again, sights higher.

That would do it for me.Don't want to affect the amazing unity,team spirit and all round fantastic play by the absolute stars who are giving us the roller coaster ride of a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    1. Pace up top. Cole was that. Maybe back in for him or sights set higher?
    2. CB. Need cover.
    3. CM. Maybe back in for Lenny? Or.again, sights higher.

That would do it for me.Don't want to affect the amazing unity,team spirit and all round fantastic play by the absolute stars who are giving us the roller coaster ride of a lifetime.
    Last night on Channel 5 highlights Brown said they turned darn a bid of £700k from us,he also said Tufty must be manager of the century.Keifer Moore scored again yesdi,11 for the season,i think i'm gunna watch the Millers next satdi,hopefully he'll be playin and i can have another look at him.How did your side get on yesdi mornin? UTCB

Its going to cost us plenty £'s to improve the current team,as was pointed out by a caller on last nites P & G show.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Its going to cost us plenty £'s to improve the current team,as was pointed out by a caller on last nites P & G show.
    Stevens improved the team and he was a free,Baldock dint cost millions either and both have improved our side/squad.UTCB

Heard thr call on P and G and agreed with him,but rod has a fair point too.
    That said,it wouldn't be at all unreasonable if we are thereabouts in Jan for the board to give Wilder whatever he asks for. It wouldn't be stupid money and we may not have a better chance for years. You have to keep the momentum rolling.

Lost 5-2 rod. They deserved it but I gave a severe *******ing about heads dropping and lack of individual and collective responsibility. If half of them wren't silly plastic glory hunters I'd have the lot down the Lane to see what I want from them!!!

I agree with op re positions. My only concern is that we don’t create a them and us scenario by bringing in players on higher wages in January. I’m sure the fact that we don’t have any wage stealing Berty big bollox now (like Hammond) is part of our success story and togetherness.

That said, IF and when we do go up it’s an issue that’s going to have to be addressed. We’ll have to bring in players on Premiership wages to survive I bump the wages of those who are good enough accordingly.

We have Stearman and Henighan and Wright as back up atm, so not sure we need another CB

We certainly need another striker, with pace. Don't wish to be disrespectful to Hanson and Lavery, but I don't see them getting into the side.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    We have Stearman and Henighan and Wright as back up atm, so not sure we need another CB

We certainly need another striker, with pace. Don't wish to be disrespectful to Hanson and Lavery, but I don't see them getting into the side.
    Not sure about Henighan yet but fair point.

We won't have a disunited dressing room. Wilder is brilliant at man management and he wouldn't risk derailing our season by having a big wage differential.

We have 6 CBs. We don't need another.

A pacy attacker is probably the priority. It's a good time to take a punt on Cole.

I think we might look to loan a central midfielder as well, to properly cover Fleck, and keep Whiteman at Donny.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    We have 6 CBs. We don't need another.

A pacy attacker is probably the priority. It's a good time to take a punt on Cole.

I think we might look to loan a central midfielder as well, to properly cover Fleck, and keep Whiteman at Donny.
    Good point re Fleck

I was very unsure about Lundstum covering for Coutts last week but he did a good job. Cover for Fleck however is a different matter and I don't see Carruthers being the answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast