+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy McNeill RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Stewarty Milne flattened it with a demolition ball
    That about says it all.

Aye, a sad day indeed. Listening to the sportsound podcast. Watched the wee Charlie Nic bit on Twitter earlier.

RIP to a true legend.

Off at a tangent, but Turnbull, Bonthrone, McLeod, McNeill, Ferguson. Anderson and Donald certainly knew how to identify managers

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I think it’s Dom Sullivan.
    No to the right as we are looking at the photo. Dom is to the left

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    No to the right as we are looking at the photo. Dom is to the left
    Ronnie Coutts. He was the physio for the club.

Saddened indeed to hear about the demise of the great Billy McNeill .... I think all the superlatives have been covered, so Ah'll nae repeat ... but there is one moment which sticks in my mind which is worthy of my respect for the man.

I went along to Pittodrie the day after watching our cup final defeat at Hampden ( after washing off all traces of the scum I got too close to before, during and after the game ) .... and I remember the occasion as a joyous one ... in spite of our defeat - such was the optimism and love of our team ... which, lets not forget, was that ball Ally McLeod got rolling.

Addressing the large crowd at Pittodrie - there to say 'well done' to the team for their effort in reaching the final ( bloody mediocrity accepting happy clappers ) .... McNeill said "I'm Sorry".

It's a wee thing maybe ... but, how often do we hear a manager apologise ( in this case, where there was no call ) to fans? ... a wee thing, but it take's a big man to wear it.

To me, and I suspect most others there that day, not only did his apology sound heartfelt, but along with what he followed with, gave the impression that, despite already being a Celtic legend, he was determined and personally committed to taking Aberdeen to a higher level.

As it turns out, no-one, whether any of us, alive or dead, nor Billy himself could foresee that offer he could not refuse - but we did OK ... and at least in some significant part due to Billy McNeill's contribution.

RIP Billy McNeill MBE, Player, Manager, European Cup Winning Captain, Scottish International, Father, Grandfather, Ambassador, Legend, and by all accounts, a fkn good guy .... for a Tim

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Saddened indeed to hear about the demise of the great Billy McNeill .... I think all the superlatives have been covered, so Ah'll nae repeat ... but there is one moment which sticks in my mind which is worthy of my respect for the man.

I went along to Pittodrie the day after watching our cup final defeat at Hampden ( after washing off all traces of the scum I got too close to before, during and after the game ) .... and I remember the occasion as a joyous one ... in spite of our defeat - such was the optimism and love of our team ... which, lets not forget, was that ball Ally McLeod got rolling.

Addressing the large crowd at Pittodrie - there to say 'well done' to the team for their effort in reaching the final ( bloody mediocrity accepting happy clappers ) .... McNeill said "I'm Sorry".

It's a wee thing maybe ... but, how often do we hear a manager apologise ( in this case, where there was no call ) to fans? ... a wee thing, but it take's a big man to wear it.

To me, and I suspect most others there that day, not only did his apology sound heartfelt, but along with what he followed with, gave the impression that, despite already being a Celtic legend, he was determined and personally committed to taking Aberdeen to a higher level.

As it turns out, no-one, whether any of us, alive or dead, nor Billy himself could foresee that offer he could not refuse - but we did OK ... and at least in some significant part due to Billy McNeill's contribution.

RIP Billy McNeill MBE, Player, Manager, European Cup Winning Captain, Scottish International, Father, Grandfather, Ambassador, Legend, and by all accounts, a fkn good guy .... for a Tim
    Cracking post

There will be a minutes applause before KO at the garden of b*stards on Sunday.

That could be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I think even the knuckle draggers will behave themselves as Billy is one of the very few that gets respect from everyone

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Seriously ?? f uck knows what colour of the sky is in your world!!....however, 100 % my mates from either side will offer respect accordingly.

SF

Applause is different from a silence and seems to have been invented to prevent arseholes being heard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast