+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Last 3 games...

This reminds me of an anecdote from a professional snooker player in the 1980s who bemoaned the fact that he kept losing. John Virgo told him the solution was simple; "Stop playing against better players."

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So I will have to spend the summer kicking the dog and sulking.
    On a slight (very very slight) positive note. I win a half of shandy from yourself over the towell bet...
    The shandy is on ice.....a 🍺 pint....
    Although don’t forget by some miracle we could win all three remaining games....😂

We did win at West Brom under King Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think they are likely to be valiant draws or losses probably in the last few minutes. However that waint be enough...
    Wasnt there a comic called valiant? I seem to remember ?
    I used to get the victor..as well as the dandy and beano, topper and beezer..

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We have no choice really but to go all out for 3 wins so 4 4 2 and go for it Mr Warne. Hell for leather, 90 plus mins. We can't defend so we need to aim to score one more than middlesboro, W Brom and Birmingham by the final whistles. Don't think we have won 2 on the trot all season let alone 3. Easy eh?
    change the forth word to chance and youve nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Sedgewick clearing off the line that had retreated by a couple of foot helped that day. The officials not seeing it helped even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    We did win at West Brom under King Ronnie
    That game must have been when Chris Sedgewick scored the winner.....Happy days.

Too little too late methinks........never say never though.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Lucky you Millavanilla, I had to make do with the Bunty and that was an hand me down from my sister !
    Indeed there was a comic called Valiant, early 60's to mid 70's.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 21-04-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    This reminds me of an anecdote from a professional snooker player in the 1980s who bemoaned the fact that he kept losing. John Virgo told him the solution was simple; "Stop playing against better players."
    That proper made me laugh. 😀

In terms of the original post, it's not that we dont go for it. Its the fact that we can't defend for toffee. We start games (metaphorically) 2 0 down.

Other than the rubbish away support in league 1, it's a much more enjoyable experience. We can actually win games in that division. Watching us against ten man Villa the other week, whilst listening to their deafening fans totally out sing us, was absolutely painful. And I dont buy into this "good to see better players" claptrap either. Yes, there are loads of great players in the championship, but they dont wear a badge with a windmill on it.

Get Brum beaten and the Villa win we are back level with Millwall albeit a worse goal difference and game played more.However,Millwall's game in hand is at home to Bristol City and they have a very good away record.Still all to play for.Get behind Warney's lads tomorrow who are giving 100% and the manager despite pitiful support from the board has done remarkably well.UTM

Getting out sung by away fans is our fault ....RUFC fans and we can easily change that as we've got 8.5k voices vs their 2.5k. When we played at Reading all three sides of their ground were singing

So It's not down to PW or TS as they can't do it for us.
    Easy fix is that one and nothing to do with budgets or being a small club or being in the big boys league

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast