+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: St Midden Roll call and Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    I said at the time considine and still say him...he moves to his right then sticks out his leg when the ball
    passes him on his Left....Ferguson stops following his man in as he must think Considine would easily block the pass
    So you blame Considine, despite the fact that it wasn't his man that scored.
    Sure he tried to adjust and change from marking his man once the ball was in flight and missed it, but its a far cry to blame him when there were at least three others more culpable

P.S. It wasn't Ferguson's man either

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Considine is consistent as that is 3 matches in a row he has made a mistake that has cost us a goal. Oh Derek McInnes
    Not his mistake in my opinion.
    Three other players contributed to the goal and already disclosed that it was not Shinnie nor Logan either

I knew you were loaded and ready to go

He wasn't the only one to blame to be fair but he takes his share. His ability to turn like an oil tanker isn't the only issue. He's our most experienced player and our weakest link. Got away with it earlier in the game.

Overall, it was a shocking goal to lose. As a team, our concentration levels are abysmal at times.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Not his mistake in my opinion.
    Three other players contributed to the goal and already disclosed that it was not Shinnie nor Logan either
    It's the player that Lowe's marking that scores, but to me Cosgrove's most at fault for playing them all on onside.

But Considine should have dealt with the problem that arose better than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    It's the player that Lowe's marking that scores, but to me Cosgrove's most at fault for playing them all on onside.

He should have. He should be someone we rely on. His experience means nothing. That's the issue I have with him. Lowe probes we can do better at LB and Devlin/McKenna proves we can do better at CB. Three young players with very limited experience.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post

Agreed.
    * Lowe failed to track his man who ultimately scored.
    * Considine made an @rse of his attempt to adjust after it became clear the man he was marking was not getting the ball.
    * Prior to that McKenna gave away a cheap fould by getting too tight to his man. There didn't seem to be too much in it, but then again the big man made no complaint either.
    * You can even include Ferguson in culpability by giving away the ball too cheaply that then led to the foul.

To lay the blame squarely at Considine is just an excuse by those that want to blame him at all costs.
    The other three were far more directly involved in the loss of the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I knew you were loaded and ready to go
    I wouldn't say loaded.
    I had my opinion but keen to let others share theirs first.
    Always good to let others have their say.

He wasn't the only one to blame to be fair but he takes his share.
    the least share in my opinion as described above

His ability to turn like an oil tanker isn't the only issue. He's our most experienced player and our weakest link. .
    His primary role in the lead up to the goal was to mark him man and ensure that he did not score or contribute to a goal.
    He did that, then tried to help out his teamates.
    He's not responsible at all. He stuck a leg out to try and change the direction of the ball. On many occasions he's made succesful block, on this occasion he didn't.
    I wouldn't want him to stop trying for fear his bashers in here blame him incorrectly.

I'm sure you reflect that he used his experience and the oppositions concern over him directly to contribute to both of our goals.

To summarise, criticise when warranted (like I did with his back header against Livi), but lets not chastise a player at any opportunity just because he's not a favourite.

Overall, it was a shocking goal to lose. As a team, our concentration levels are abysmal at times.
    It was, but a poor team goal to lose

He deserves criticism though. He deserves more than others as well. That's the nature of it. We need someone we can rely on and it should be him. His experience means **** all.

A goal in the last three games he's been either partly to blame for or fully to blame is not good enough.

He deserves criticism though. He deserves more than others as well. That's the nature of it. We need someone we can rely on and it should be him. His experience means **** all.

A goal in the last three games he's been either partly to blame for or fully to blame is not good enough.
    That's your opinion and your entitled to it.
    I'm not convinced any replacement for him in that scenario would have done any better.
    As I said above, Lowe, McKenna and Ferguson (maybe even Cosgrove if he was playing them onside) are all more culpable than Considine for St Mirren's goal.

Didn't stop the Considine bashers putting the blame all on him until I kept probing for you all to reflect on the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I wouldn't say loaded.
    I had my opinion but keen to let others share theirs first.
    Always good to let others have their say.

the least share in my opinion as described above

His primary role in the lead up to the goal was to mark him man and ensure that he did not score or contribute to a goal.
    He did that, then tried to help out his teamates.
    He's not responsible at all. He stuck a leg out to try and change the direction of the ball. On many occasions he's made succesful block, on this occasion he didn't.
    I wouldn't want him to stop trying for fear his bashers in here blame him incorrectly.

I'm sure you reflect that he used his experience and the oppositions concern over him directly to contribute to both of our goals.

To summarise, criticise when warranted (like I did with his back header against Livi), but lets not chastise a player at any opportunity just because he's not a favourite.

It was, but a poor team goal to lose
    Can't agree with the bit in bold, but it certainly wasn't in the "howler" category like Livi's first goal last week.

Until Devlin's back though , Considine is still a decent back-up central defence partner for McKenna. And , anyway , we've no other option at the moment , unless McInnes takes the risk of going with three a the back.

I've a horrible feeling that Devlin's going to be out for a long time yet, with no real explanation ever being given.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast