+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

The Managers special- chicken

Moving away from the food theme, I see that Notts have introduced a new line in the club shop - NCFC Prayer Mats. Apparently they're selling quicker than match tickets for the Lincoln game.

If we take another ragdolling at the Gimps, I see Nolan being shown the door come next Monday. We've played 5 competitive matches this season and lost 4 of them and then there were the 3 consecutive tonkings in the pre-season before that.

Our defence is clueless and we've got no available cover becuse of injuries. The midfield are passengers once possession is lost and we don't have anybody in the Harding, Turner or Bishop mold in this unbalanced squad. More worryingly, the fight, the passion and the teamwork that Nolan brought to the club has all but gone. This season is beginning to remind me of the Sheridan disaster, when we expected to get beaten every game. I just can't see Nolan turning it around. His body language and dour post match guff is very similar to Sheridan's - that of a defeated man.
    Last edited by karl wheatly; 22-08-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    His body language and dour post match guff is very similar to Sheridan's - that of a defeated man.
    I wouldn't compare him with Sheridan, but I thought he sounded defeated a couple of days ago when he let slip something about finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning, knowing the problems he was going to have to face up to.

Moving away from the food theme, I see that Notts have introduced a new line in the club shop - NCFC Prayer Mats. Apparently they're selling quicker than match tickets for the Lincoln game.

If we take another ragdolling at the Gimps, I see Nolan being shown the door come next Monday. We've played 5 competitive matches this season and lost 4 of them and then there were the 3 consecutive tonkings in the pre-season before that.

Our defence is clueless and we've got no available cover becuse of injuries. The midfield are passengers once possession is lost and we don't have anybody in the Harding, Turner or Bishop mold in this unbalanced squad. More worryingly, the fight, the passion and the teamwork that Nolan brought to the club has all but gone. This season is beginning to remind me of the Sheridan disaster, when we expected to get beaten every game. I just can't see Nolan turning it around. His body language and dour post match guff is very similar to Sheridan's - that of a defeated man.
    Why wait until Monday ?

Surely the only chance of us getting anything v Lincoln is changing manager now.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Why wait until Monday ?

Surely the only chance of us getting anything v Lincoln is changing manager now.
    Hi CJ. So you'd be happy with Chettle would you? I don't see anybody remotely available at this short notice.

The big worry for me is that the transfer window closes in 9 days time. After that it's going to be free agents who will more than likely be last-meal-ticket types or completely useless.

Hi CJ. So you'd be happy with Chettle would you? I don't see anybody remotely available at this short notice.

The big worry for me is that the transfer window closes in 9 days time. After that it's going to be free agents who will more than likely be last-meal-ticket types or completely useless.
    I've heard a couple of people now mention Gary Bowyer was at the Yeovil match...

Appleton
    Warburton
    Shakespeare

Whatever happens we must not let Nolan sign any more players

Yeah Gary Bowyer too !!!

There are loads about who could do a job with the money we have spunked

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    Appleton
    Warburton
    Shakespeare

Whatever happens we must not let Nolan sign any more players

Yeah Gary Bowyer too !!!

There are loads about who could do a job with the money we have spunked
    Yeah but you are saying get someone in for Saturday.

Is that realistic? If we're going to sack Nolan, we need to get someone better than we've got, not worse!

P.S. I heard Bowyer was doing a bit of scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I wouldn't compare him with Sheridan, but I thought he sounded defeated a couple of days ago when he let slip something about finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning, knowing the problems he was going to have to face up to.
    I think he actually said that he "was actually finding it hard to get TO bed in the morning" ie he couldn't sleep, his whole career is crashing down around his ears.....if it was me, I'd be the same.

It was an achievement to reach the play-offs last season and it was certainly an achievement to keep us up from the state the club was in when he first arrived. Nolan *has* done a decent job at Notts, but almost two years at any club is a long time these days and it's almost certainly reached the stage now where he's not going to be able to turn it around to the point where we'd be serious promotion contenders.

Stick with him and yes, I'm sure we will eventually pick up wins here and there and pull clear of trouble, maybe look like troubling the top half again with an isolated run of 4/5 unbeaten games, but the next couple of defeats after that brings a return of the doubts which inevitably become amplified each time you go back round in the same cycle. To win promotion, you've got win and keep winning and win more games after that and then win some more and do that for 9 months. I just can't see that happening under Nolan.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast