+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Does David Lammy

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Okay here goes

Because data that could easily be 6 years old may not be relevant today.
    The article also points out that the report is again at pains to point out that these are 'uncertain estimates' because of the full complexity of the eligibility rules.

Sorry but I don't have to search for more relevant and up to date data because you ask me too.

I comment on many other posts but don't read them all so it is rather presumptuous to decide what I have a problem with and what I don't.

See previous statement

I have apologized for being an idiot and not checking the facts on Guido (which you now seem to accept was on Guido although you insinuated I was a liar and had made it up). Do you want me to wear sack cloth for a month?

The 4 year old article again stated that The report is again at pains to point out that these are 'uncertain estimates' because of the full complexity of the eligibility rules. I asked if these uncertain estimates were now more certain. If not then the report seems to be based somewhat on guesswork. I don't think this is trolling intelligent debate into submission.

I am neither funny or a troll or think I strike a blow for goodness (I am not even sure what that means).

I happen to think that anyone calling someone who has a different opinion a Nazi or a Fascist whether it is Ms Soubury or Mr Johnson is not acceptable (see the other article on another thread you have commented on below where I agreed with you).

Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Good move. It's time people learned to behave themselves on social media. It's not a parallel dimension, you shouldn't do or say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say in 'real life'.

Agreed you can make points without the need to be really offensive.

Best regards
    You're right you don't have to search for more data because I tell you to, although if you wanted to keep up the pretence that you object to my link because you want the (now dead) conversation to be based on the most accurate statistics possible, rather than just trolling me because you don't seem to like me, then it would've been a good idea.

I didn't say 'for goodness', I said 'for goodness knows what', which is quite a common expression you must understand that surely?

If you genuinely don't agree with calling people who don't agree with you fascist and so on that's a good thing. If you look back at the beginning of the thread you'll see I agree with you.

I haven't said anything offensive, haven't called you a fascist and haven't said anything I wouldn't say to your face. Not sure why you're bringing this up.

At the end of all that, do you have an opinion on what to do about health tourism? Or how much priority to give it compared to other issues?

Some right rammel on this thread, but to answer the OP, yes I think David Lammy was spot on with his comments, and to be fair, I’m not sure middle aged white men are in any position to disagree with him. I also think he’d make a great leader of the Labour Party.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You're right you don't have to search for more data because I tell you to, although if you wanted to keep up the pretence that you object to my link because you want the (now dead) conversation to be based on the most accurate statistics possible, rather than just trolling me because you don't seem to like me, then it would've been a good idea.

I didn't say 'for goodness', I said 'for goodness knows what', which is quite a common expression you must understand that surely?

If you genuinely don't agree with calling people who don't agree with you fascist and so on that's a good thing. If you look back at the beginning of the thread you'll see I agree with you.

I haven't said anything offensive, haven't called you a fascist and haven't said anything I wouldn't say to your face. Not sure why you're bringing this up.

At the end of all that, do you have an opinion on what to do about health tourism? Or how much priority to give it compared to other issues?
    Trolling you (are you down with the kids)?
    I wouldn't even know how to troll, I had to look up the definition!!

How can I not seem to like you, I don't know you but based on your posts you seem an okay guy (although a bit touchy).
    I am not sure the data you have used is up to date enough or because of uncertain estimates accurate enough to be quoted as though it was a fact in your post of "Some statistics about that. It costs about 2 billion a year, roughly 500 million of which is recoverable"

1961pie was replying to a bit of a "these people" to describe stinking rich rant from MancMagpie and not really starting a debate on health tourism.

Thanks I am glad you think that me not calling people fascists is a good thing although I may have known that already.

I brought up my dislike of the Nazi Fascist name calling as that was the point of my thread.
    You do sort of agree with it but seem to also want a little dig with your remark below

"We could have a tit for tat argument about who of remainers or leavers are the nicest fellows, or who's got the biggest petition, OR we could debate some actual important stuff"

You see I happen to think the comments by David Lammy is important stuff and he needs to read Goodwins theory - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
    but I never suggested you called me a fascist or anything you wouldn't say to my face.

Although I again apologise for being an idiot and quoting something I read and believed (maybe because I wanted it to be true) without checking the facts I think you struggle to apologise for insinuating I was a liar when as per the above at that point I was not lying just being a lazy idiot.

I don't know what the true cost of health tourism is (and probably neither do you) but I don't think reducing it will cause the end of the struggles the NHS currently faces so not a No 1 priority for me.

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Some right rammel on this thread, but to answer the OP, yes I think David Lammy was spot on with his comments, and to be fair, I’m not sure middle aged white men are in any position to disagree with him. I also think he’d make a great leader of the Labour Party.
    You've added to the rammel with that post. Lammy we unnecessarily aggressive and in a fact free rant chose to double down on his previous B.S.
    Johnson has used some dubious phrasing that I would condemn but it doesn't make him a Nazi. His record as mayor of London was marked by being a unifying figure, not a divisive one. As for JRM he's done nothing at all to merit the smears.
    If you think Lammy is the path to a brighter unified future for the country you're just wrong, half his colleagues in the party don't think that.

I agree with you fathead.

He'd be better than Corbyn.
    Even the sheep ****s would see this clown for what he is.
    Labour even more of a joke than it is.

Lammy, throwing Nazi insults around. At the same time as his party is at an all time low of antisemitism, right in the face of 6 million murdered Jews.

You couldn't make it up.
    He's a tw@t- end of.

Nurse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post

I don't know what the true cost of health tourism is (and probably neither do you) but I don't think reducing it will cause the end of the struggles the NHS currently faces so not a No 1 priority for me.

I hope that helps.
    Ok. If you accept that facts and honesty are important in the political debate (and it looks like you do) then I'll accept that you made an honest mistake and didn't make anything up.

The health tourism thing doesn't seem to float your boat so here's something that you might find more interesting. The latest polls show UKIP and the Brexit party up to a combined total of 25%, can we infer from that that around half of all leave voters are so called 'hard Brexiters'?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ok. If you accept that facts and honesty are important in the political debate (and it looks like you do) then I'll accept that you made an honest mistake and didn't make anything up.

The health tourism thing doesn't seem to float your boat so here's something that you might find more interesting. The latest polls show UKIP and the Brexit party up to a combined total of 25%, can we infer from that that around half of all leave voters are so called 'hard Brexiters'?
    Thanks
    Yes sounds about right to me

Back on topic.

Why hasn't Lammy been arrested?

Independent MP Anna Soubry was verbally abused outside Parliament as a 'Nazi' by a pro-Brexit demonstrator some months ago.

But there is one big difference — while Ms Soubry's assailant was arrested and is expected to face trial, Mr Lammy, on national TV, can accuse people with whom he disagrees of being Nazis and get off scot-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Back on topic.

Why hasn't Lammy been arrested?

Independent MP Anna Soubry was verbally abused outside Parliament as a 'Nazi' by a pro-Brexit demonstrator some months ago.

But there is one big difference — while Ms Soubry's assailant was arrested and is expected to face trial, Mr Lammy, on national TV, can accuse people with whom he disagrees of being Nazis and get off scot-free.
    https://youtu.be/8dNjsSWxCKM is the link to his interview.

He doesn't explicitly call anyone a Nazi and wasn't harassing anyone in the street which might answer Tricky's question.

I think it was a foolish thing to say though, especially 2 minutes after talking about uniting the country.

Having right wing views is not the same as being a Nazi, being sceptical of multiculturalism is not the same as being a Nazi. Salvini and Orban are unscrupulous and cynical right wing politicians, but I don't think they have done anything comparable with the Nazis. Maybe they will in the future but I doubt it.

This is a good illustration of how basing everything on hyperbole, rhetoric and blind partisanship rather than sober discussion of the facts is ruining modern politics. Unfortunately I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast