+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 499 of 922 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    MOP, you're wasting your breath.
    At the very least, the remoaners want the back stop. It ties us in on a technicality.
    **** load of divorce money/no say on anything/yet have to abide by EU trade rules.
    Bum deal beyond belief.
    Just get it done, all this pissing about helps no one.
    We can move on and they can get on at playing pretend to be a super nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsdsh2CL-cA

No it doesn't its an interim position thats why its called a Withdrawal Agreement, during that interim we can sort out the actual trade deal.

But I guess it makes sense to **** the countries economy for at least a decade, damage the futures of the upcoming generation and make us an isolated figure in the world with no influence subject to the whims and largesse of the USA, China and India to name but three countries who will of course trade with us on terms to our advantage purely out of kindness?

Seems an entirely rational and intelligent decision to take, I mean its on a par with shooting oneself in the foot and saying optimistically that everything will be fine (after all we survived the war!).

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    No clarification needed, you obviously don't like the man.
    It would be like me trying to find positives of being a Forest supporter.
    Once we leave and it won't be long now we can all get back to normal!
    I'm also happy to leave without a deal, I'd prefer a deal but not a bad deal.
    Well one thing you can't say you were conned, Boris's modus operandi is clear, he lies he waffles, he prevaricates, he blames others, those that swallow what he says or even believe a quarter of it are clearly deluded, those who think he is fit to be the leader of this country have very low standards! The mans a charlatan and as such our world standing will sink even lower.

As for leaving on 31 October, mm I would say thats very unlikely as fortunately the Pm isn't all powerful as we live in a democracy. I forsee much egg on his face, though of course it won't be his fault!

At the very least, the remoaners want the back stop. It ties us in on a technicality.
    **** load of divorce money/no say on anything/yet have to abide by EU trade rules.
    Bum deal beyond belief.
    Just get it done, all this pissing about helps no one.
    We can move on and they can get on at playing pretend to be a super nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsdsh2CL-cA
    Tricky, just because May’s deal was a ‘bum deal’ doesn’t make a ‘no deal’ Brexit any more attractive.
    The Irish, the Scots and, a little late perhaps, the Welsh farmers are entirely opposed to ‘no deal’ and so, one imagines, is at least half of England.
    A ‘no deal’ exit from Europe was never an option in the Referendum and Johnson’s populist bluster is all just pure ‘spin’.
    He and Gove can play the tough negotiators as much as they like - doubtless some will be sucked in by it - but if they repeatedly appear on national TV telling everyone that’s what they’re all about it rapidly begins to appear like hopelessly poor politics.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well one thing you can't say you were conned, Boris's modus operandi is clear, he lies he waffles, he prevaricates, he blames others, those that swallow what he says or even believe a quarter of it are clearly deluded, those who think he is fit to be the leader of this country have very low standards! The mans a charlatan and as such our world standing will sink even lower.

As for leaving on 31 October, mm I would say thats very unlikely as fortunately the Pm isn't all powerful as we live in a democracy. I forsee much egg on his face, though of course it won't be his fault!
    Out of all the Prime Ministers the UK have had, name one who has never lied, just one?

Yep, I have to admit you're right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No it doesn't its an interim position thats why its called a Withdrawal Agreement, during that interim we can sort out the actual trade deal.

But I guess it makes sense to **** the countries economy for at least a decade, damage the futures of the upcoming generation and make us an isolated figure in the world with no influence subject to the whims and largesse of the USA, China and India to name but three countries who will of course trade with us on terms to our advantage purely out of kindness?

Seems an entirely rational and intelligent decision to take, I mean its on a par with shooting oneself in the foot and saying optimistically that everything will be fine (after all we survived the war!).
    OK, lets just be sensible about what you have said.

Interim deal as we withdraw.
    Fine it still sounds good.

Two years to do it in.
    Still sounds good.

After two years, no agreement reached? Errrrrrrrrrrrm back stop kicks in.

One side wants to leave the agreement? Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, no you're not doing that either. We have to agree or you saty where you are sunshine.

Do you negotiate with someone holding your testicles?

Again, it has to be said. All the negativity here is easy.
    It's assumed negativity as well. No one mentions the Assumed positives.
    No one mentions the way the EU is going.

Put your economic smoke screen to one side.
    I/WE WHO VOTED OUT, DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF A SUPERSTATE.

Or maybe you are still denying that was/is the plan.

Neither do I...but I’d rather have a say in the way this supposed ‘Superstate’ is shaping up than playing the role of isolated and recalcitrant neighbour putting all our eggs into the basket temporarily resulting from the two morally bankrupt blondes cosying up to one another.

Quoth rA "A ‘no deal’ exit from Europe was never an option in the Referendum"

As I recall it, the referendum was silent as to how brexit was to have been achieved - it was simply a leave or stay "binary" decision. I fear it is your 20-20 hindsight that has now brought the dynamic of how into the equation.

Thus to claim that a no deal exit was never sanctioned by the referendum is a daft as saying that a "with deal brexit" was never sanctioned. The question in the referendum was all about what we do, not how we do it.

"no deal" has to come back on the table to try to force the EU to renegotiate that which they are otherwise refusing to do. Otherwise we are simply renegotiating with both hands tied behind our back. But even then, its a false premise because parliament is highly unlikely to approve a "no deal" no matter how much Bozzer throws his toys out of pram.

So its a phony war of double and triple bluffing. Boris is holding a pair of 7's and trying to convince the EU that he has a full house against their 3 of a kind. Trouble is that half of the PM's colleagues are standing behind Boris and telling the other player that he's not even got a pair.

and this is what is known as negotiation?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Neither do I...but I’d rather have a say in the way this supposed ‘Superstate’ is shaping up than playing the role of isolated and recalcitrant neighbour putting all our eggs into the basket temporarily resulting from the two morally bankrupt blondes cosying up to one another.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Quoth rA "A ‘no deal’ exit from Europe was never an option in the Referendum"

As I recall it, the referendum was silent as to how brexit was to have been achieved - it was simply a leave or stay "binary" decision. I fear it is your 20-20 hindsight that has now brought the dynamic of how into the equation.

Thus to claim that a no deal exit was never sanctioned by the referendum is a daft as saying that a "with deal brexit" was never sanctioned. The question in the referendum was all about what we do, not how we do it.

"no deal" has to come back on the table to try to force the EU to renegotiate that which they are otherwise refusing to do. Otherwise we are simply renegotiating with both hands tied behind our back. But even then, its a false premise because parliament is highly unlikely to approve a "no deal" no matter how much Bozzer throws his toys out of pram.

So its a phony war of double and triple bluffing. Boris is holding a pair of 7's and trying to convince the EU that he has a full house against their 3 of a kind. Trouble is that half of the PM's colleagues are standing behind Boris and telling the other player that he's not even got a pair.

and this is what is known as negotiation?
    We were however constantly told in 2016 that the negotiations would be the easiest ever...to have a ‘no deal’ Brexit is to abandon the notion of negotiation as the Welsh sheep farmers, who may have originally voted for Brexit but now realise they will face 40% tariffs on their produce should a ‘no deal’ take place, have been quick to point out.

Why, Angry? I’d have thought it was obvious...in brief, I’m opposed to isolationism, in favour of maintaining good political and trading relationships with our nearest neighbours, supportive of the idea of helping shape Europe rather than being at odds with it and concerned about the transient nature of any ‘treaties’ cobbled together by Johnson and Trump.

Page 499 of 922 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)