+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Play Forte

In the last game I could get to, Barnet away, I saw something very unusual - a Notts striker playing on the shoulder of the last defender running through on goal. Stead? Ameobi? Dream on.

Nobody here is calling Forte a world beater and we all know his limitations, but for the last 12 games can we play him please? If he gets half a dozen goals it might clinch a top seven place. If he doesn't, he'll move on. He'll probably move on anyway, so he'll be playing to catch the eye of another club. But what's the point of having him this season, if he never plays.

The Grant well of goals has dried up, so where are our goals going to come from? If we miss out, at least we can say that the manager tried everything that was at his disposal (doubt Saunders will ever play now). So I'd like to see Forte + Stead or Ameobi for the last 12 games.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    In the last game I could get to, Barnet away, I saw something very unusual - a Notts striker playing on the shoulder of the last defender running through on goal. Stead? Ameobi? Dream on.

Nobody here is calling Forte a world beater and we all know his limitations, but for the last 12 games can we play him please? If he gets half a dozen goals it might clinch a top seven place. If he doesn't, he'll move on. He'll probably move on anyway, so he'll be playing to catch the eye of another club. But what's the point of having him this season, if he never plays.

The Grant well of goals has dried up, so where are our goals going to come from? If we miss out, at least we can say that the manager tried everything that was at his disposal (doubt Saunders will ever play now). So I'd like to see Forte + Stead or Ameobi for the last 12 games.
    I would agree with your post sir.... we just cant seem to score other than the odd Stead penalty and even those have dried up... we are now at the business end of the season so we need to try everything we can to make sure this season doesn't just fizzle out.... give Forte a chance, he has to be an improvement on what we have seen in the past few games.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Sorry, did you say half a dozen goals? In 12 games? The point of having him was the fact he was nuder contract and not easy to get rid of. We had agreed for him to leave in Jan, but the deal fell through. If he plays Saturday he will no doubt be out for a month with another injury too. Man is done and wasted, and doesn't give a shizzle. He is happy picking up his wage and doing the minimum to make the bench, as we have nothing else.

Total waste of a high wage and shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Sorry, did you say half a dozen goals? In 12 games? The point of having him was the fact he was nuder contract and not easy to get rid of. We had agreed for him to leave in Jan, but the deal fell through. If he plays Saturday he will no doubt be out for a month with another injury too. Man is done and wasted, and doesn't give a shizzle. He is happy picking up his wage and doing the minimum to make the bench, as we have nothing else.

Maybe a little harsh, but I just can't see Forte being the answer to our scoring problems. Everything he does is half-hearted, watch when he goes up for a header, it's nearly always a token jump with no actual intent to win the ball. I know the high ball isn't his forte, but he's done nothing in his last few appearances to merit a starting place.

Put him in the starting eleven and tell him to go and sell himself to his next club with his performances until the end of this season. I think that's pretty much how it'll work out anyhow. If he does start banging in the goals we'll all be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post

Interesting. With respect, 3 posts only but with that kind of 'insight' into the players motivation and contract situations. An informed insider maybe?!

If that was all true, Nolan wouldn't even put him on the bench. What I saw at Barnet, when Bennett was carried off, was a player trying to score and getting into positions to score, giving a bit of that shizzle you were talking about.

(No need to have apologised by the way)

Ok i'm bored so did a quick count up. Forte has started 8 games and scored in none of those, most of them being early season when we were scoring and winning with confidence in the team. In all his other sub appearances he has a massive 4 goals. What makes you think that he will get "half a dozen" goals in the remain 12 games. Sorry but i just don't see it happening. IMO Forte may be quick but he seems to react to what is happening rather than anticipate where the ball might fall, he doesn't take a chance and make a run. Very rarely makes a tackle or wins a header.
    Playing Forte is not the answer.
    Interestingly when we beat Morecombe 4-1 and Crewe 4-1 Forte was not in the squad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Ok i'm bored so did a quick count up. Forte has started 8 games and scored in none of those, most of them being early season when we were scoring and winning with confidence in the team. In all his other sub appearances he has a massive 4 goals. What makes you think that he will get "half a dozen" goals in the remain 12 games. Sorry but i just don't see it happening. IMO Forte may be quick but he seems to react to what is happening rather than anticipate where the ball might fall, he doesn't take a chance and make a run. Very rarely makes a tackle or wins a header.
    Playing Forte is not the answer.
    Interestingly when we beat Morecombe 4-1 and Crewe 4-1 Forte was not in the squad at all.
    So what's the answer with what we have now?

Shola has 4 goals in 27 and ZERO in his last 10 appearances. At that rate he'll get 1 to 2 goals in the last 12, powering us on to promotion.

He's had a fair shot at it this year, not sure Forte has. Him and Stead have much better strike rates if you look at this

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/te...ty/top-scorers

But Shola's a 'good lad', Nolo's mate and played for Newcastle you know, so let him get his total up to 5 or 6 and see what happens...

Re: Forte...but he's done nothing in his last few appearances to merit a starting place.
    He's not on his own, 4 others as well, and they've had a run in the team.

We might as well try something, we're dropping quicker than a prostitutes knickers.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast