+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Forte

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    So what's the answer with what we have now?
    Simple answer is i don't know, if i did i would be managing Barcelona not chatting on a message board.

The answer is to stick with Stead and Shola and hope the midfield chip in with a few goals.

Shola has 4 goals in 27 and ZERO in his last 10 appearances. At that rate he'll get 1 to 2 goals in the last 12, powering us on to promotion.

He's had a fair shot at it this year, not sure Forte has. Him and Stead have much better strike rates if you look at this

But Shola's a 'good lad', Nolo's mate and played for Newcastle you know, so let him get his total up to 5 or 6 and see what happens...
    Shola is ten times the player Forte will ever be. Opposing defenders know they've got a job on their hands when he plays, I bet they would love to see Forte's name on the teamsheet instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Re: Forte...but he's done nothing in his last few appearances to merit a starting place.
    He's not on his own, 4 others as well, and they've had a run in the team.
    To be honest Steward I can think of more than 4 that have done zero since Christmas, I do not rate Hawkridge at all but maybe after been dropped the last few games the penny will have dropped.... clutching at straws i know but give Walker a go against Stevenage... he has to be able to do more than Grant who's mind looks to be elsewhere at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The answer is to stick with Stead and Shola and hope the midfield chip in with a few goals.
    You know how to rouse the troops, eh? That seems like a recipe for the 10-12th place I think I saw you predicting. I'd prefer us to try something different to turn it around. Our team would be no pushovers in the play-offs, we're definitely falling out of there the way things are.

And I think you're wrong about who defenders prefer. They hate players with the pace to get in behind them. I saw Ameobi and Forte together at Barnet and it was clear which one had any goal threat.

And those saying it's not possible to score 6 in 12. Well, we need a striker to score 6 in 12 or we can forget it! Where else are the goals going to come from to keep us right up there? Forte's had 6 for Notts in next to no time before and has had hat tricks I think. I Still say 2 up front and from what we have one should be Forte. Give him a starting run at least and see if he can do something for us.

Shola has 4 goals in 27 and ZERO in his last 10 appearances. At that rate he'll get 1 to 2 goals in the last 12, powering us on to promotion.

He's had a fair shot at it this year, not sure Forte has. Him and Stead have much better strike rates if you look at this

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/te...ty/top-scorers

But Shola's a 'good lad', Nolo's mate and played for Newcastle you know, so let him get his total up to 5 or 6 and see what happens...
    Heres a thought.. agree with you on the forte issue, he would be in the shop window so he might just switch himself on, along with that I would play the other lazy sod of late, yes Jorge Grant up front alongside Forte with Stead just behind them, Amiobi on for the last 10 mins or so. Grant is just not doing it in the middle let him loose with his stepovers in front of goal, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    Heres a thought.. agree with you on the forte issue, he would be in the shop window so he might just switch himself on, along with that I would play the other lazy sod of late, yes Jorge Grant up front alongside Forte with Stead just behind them, Amiobi on for the last 10 mins or so. Grant is just not doing it in the middle let him loose with his stepovers in front of goal, just a thought.
    Good ideas, I was thinking about Grant up front myself (desperate times call for desperate measures!). Strikers like that can work out. Mind goes to Gary Shaw and Peter Withe winning the title for Villa. Shaw had no pace and no strength but his skill and 'smarts' made him really effective in the box and his goals won the title. Worth a go, you'd always be reluctant to put a 17 goal guy out of the team, but he looks completely shot out on the left side of midfield.

And hi there in Bulwell, grew up a stone's throw from there myself. But never knew HRH and a residence up there, Sandringham, Balmoral, Bulwell, you learn something every day, I'll look out for her in Wilcos
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 22-02-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Good ideas, I was thinking about Grant up front myself (desperate times call for desperate measures!). Strikers like that can work out. Mind goes to Gary Shaw and Peter Withe winning the title for Villa. Shaw had no pace and no strength but his skill and 'smarts' made him really effective in the box and his goals won the title. Worth a go, you'd always be reluctant to put a 17 goal guy out of the team, but he looks completely shot out on the left side of midfield.

And hi there in Bulwell, grew up a stone's throw from there myself. But never knew HRH and a residence up there, Sandringham, Balmoral, Bulwell, you learn something every day, I'll look out for her in Wilcos
    Ha ha,WilKo's if you please, we have a lovely new micro boozer called the "Royal" Bulls Well now you know !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBulwell View Post
    Ha ha,WilKo's if you please, we have a lovely new micro boozer called the "Royal" Bulls Well now you know !!!
    Brilliant, where is it? I'll try it when I'm next round there.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Sorry, did you say half a dozen goals? In 12 games? The point of having him was the fact he was nuder contract and not easy to get rid of. We had agreed for him to leave in Jan, but the deal fell through. If he plays Saturday he will no doubt be out for a month with another injury too. Man is done and wasted, and doesn't give a shizzle. He is happy picking up his wage and doing the minimum to make the bench, as we have nothing else.

Total waste of a high wage and shirt.
    I am interested in this new poster, is he/she just another "Troll" or are they actually " in the know"? time will tell but so far they talk sense.

I agree with the OP - it's worth giving Forte a chance up front. At least he gives us a different option. I can't think of a single successful team that had two aging target men up front. Even if they are decent players, it's just too one-dimensional.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast