+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    22 year old playing at that level - are you for real - I often doubt whether you are actually a Leeds United fan.
    But that's just it, isn't it, he's NOT "playing at that level" (8 appearances in the entire season so far) and why on earth would Monaco get him on loan and then be "willing to let him go"?

As for being a Leeds fan, if the club had taken MY advice in the matter of;

Anita, Sloth, Buoy, Cibicki, De Bock, Ideguchi, Ekuban, Wiedewald, Lassoga, Sacko, Bogusz, Antonsson, Siddiki

Then (given we pay on average £5k/week (ish), that's about £65k/week, over a two year period for most, that's about £6.6 MILLION on wages paid for players who contributed absolutely F00K ALL during their time at the club, not to mention the abortion of the "deal" with Cultural Leonard or whatever, and the deal with the place in the middle east that has done just about next to nothing for Leeds United, all of which I seem to remember you were creaming yourself about because they were such good news?

We are in a position where promotion is just about essential this season, because if we don't get promoted, there will be an exodus of all that is worthy and capable to doing a job of work for us, and we will be in the Championship or worse for some considerable time to come. Bringing in a winger with no track record as a 1st team player, and a loanee reject who has scored once in 8 games for the club who are (understandably) letting him go.

But you go ahead and wet your pants about them, if that's what rocks your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And why do you think Monaco are willing to let him go (maybe they have similar views to Leeds view of the contribution Clarke and Nketiah were making?)
    Eh?

Are you saying Nketiah was a poor player, can't follow what you getting at.

Post his youth career too for a bit of balance.

Leipzig 2017 - 2019 - 67 appearances, 20 goals
    thats a good ratio in germany“s top league, dont know if it“ll come off, but this one works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    Eh?

Are you saying Nketiah was a poor player, can't follow what you getting at.

Post his youth career too for a bit of balance.
    No, I'm not saying Nketiah is a poor player, I'm saying there is a reason why a club that has agreed a loan would be willing to let the loanee go, as in he's not as good as was thought, or doesn't fit in, neither is exactly positive, and for once I'd like to see the club actually pursue a player who can fill a key position who ISN'T some kind of cast off.

I know we don't have tens of millions, but surely we can aspire to something more than a freebie who hasn't played at a senior level, at another who we have never heard of (of have you been tracking his stellar career?)?

As for youth record. Who's, Poveda or Augustin?

Poveda

Brentford - 15 appearances 3 goals
    Man City U21s - 5 appearances 2 goals
    Man City 1st team - 0 appearances

Anything I've missed there?

As for Augustin, if you can find anything that relevant that I missed from my previous post about the guy, please add......

Augustin
    App Goals
    2012–2013 France U16 7 (2)
    2013 France U17 2 (0)
    2014–2015 France U18 4 (0)
    2015–2016 France U19 13 (12)
    2017 France U20 6 (5)
    2016–2018 France U21 9 (5)

Won the golden boot at the under 19's European championship.

Oh and if the club followed your advise we would have had Steve Evens in charge last year and I doubt very much we would have got in the top six never mind playoffs.

Fair comment on the other stuff though regarding transfers, made a bit of money on some I believe but yeah some were pretty bad.

Nature of the game? Is it any worse than other clubs?

Well you know what they say opinions and ar$eholes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    Augustin
    App Goals
    2012–2013 France U16 7 (2)
    2013 France U17 2 (0)
    2014–2015 France U18 4 (0)
    2015–2016 France U19 13 (12)
    2017 France U20 6 (5)
    2016–2018 France U21 9 (5)

Won the golden boot at the under 19's European championship.

Oh and if the club followed your advise we would have had Steve Evens in charge last year and I doubt very much we would have got in the top six never mind playoffs.

Fair comment on the other stuff though regarding transfers, made a bit of money on some I believe but yeah some were pretty bad.

Nature of the game? Is it any worse than other clubs?

Well you know what they say opinions and ar$eholes and all that.
    Ok, thankyou for the additional information, but all outside the club environment which is where it matters. Even then, 17 goals, in 32 games, only slightly better than his club record. Ditto as regards the golden boot, nice to have, but hardly relevant three years on when his record has been all downhill in the meantime.

I don't recollect having advised on Evans, except saying that despite his comments before becoming manager, he seemed to get some kind of positive response from the players in what was by anybodys reckoning a pi55-poor squad. I most certainly suggested all the players whose names I mentioned should never have been at the club, and I haven't mentioned others whose names are on TransferMarkt but who I have never heard of. Savings could have been made, and had they been (and banked) we might have a bigger war chest now (although as like as not it would have been frittered away by Orta on another "supermarket sweep" exercise.

Worse than other clubs? They don't have Orta, so yes, a lot

Hope they both prove me wrong, honestly I do. I just get tired of wanting to be proved wrong rather than hoping/believing that the club have gotten it right.

Sharp doing a job for Blades at Millwall, assisting on this occasion.

Prefer him to any of those we have signed/expressed interest so far.

Sharp hates Leeds, so you might as well give that mantra a rest.

I don't know what this guy will be like but my main fear is that we haven't bought anyone this window who will start - and that's what we need to improve.

Bamford will get to play in front of Augustin if he comes. Let's hope he's like Lasogga in terms of his ability, but fit and strong as he sounds. If so, he might get in for the last 15 or 20, score, keep Bamford on the bench, and keep scoring, in which case it will be a brilliant signing.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Sharp hates Leeds, so you might as well give that mantra a rest.
    His best games were probably all against us.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)