+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best atmosphere in Championship

Best atmosphere in Championship

How many more polls are we going to top before the Pigs realise they are nowhere near us for support. Best away support, best home atmosphere, best ground day out etc etc etc. Been going on for years and all the Pigs have is a soft fat slob who thinks taking his shirt off is still an novelty.

Is this a recent poll mate? Got a link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Is this a recent poll mate? Got a link to it?
    Here you go JT, good to have you back by the way.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/st...d/championship

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Here you go JT, good to have you back by the way.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/st...d/championship
    Aw, thanks pal Things been crazy with work but have some breathing room now. Been neglecting my responsibilities, although I don't think I'm needed really

Piggies will be mobilising the troops to go and skew the results on there. Can't have something saying they're not top dogs, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    That poll will kill off a few theories that our support at the Lane is poor. Always said it if the players on the pitch are performing there is no better place than BDTBL for atmosphere, now confirmed by this poll.
    The results of the poll are great but to be honest I thought that the atmosphere towards the end of the season at the Lane was a little lame at times.

When the place rocks there is no finer place to be however I thought that there were other grounds to either match or better ours last season as well as league one,

Bradford has a cracking atmosphere as I am sure its the way the stands are situated and the environment or maybe I just cant put my finger on it.

Birmingham away this season was also really loud although I have seen it on TV earlier in the season when it has been like a library,

Bristol City had the potential also but we silenced them by going 3 - 0 up early doors,

Going further back, Stoke has always been vociferous,

Hope I haven't shown disloyalty but just being realistic really, so wondered if anybody else had a view on this,

Surprise surprise
    The big let down is the policing

Although we got good ratings for atmosphere the police have done everything they can to kill it stone dead at the Lane

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Surprise surprise
    The big let down is the policing

Although we got good ratings for atmosphere the police have done everything they can to kill it stone dead at the Lane
    Latest threat from the most inept police force in the country is making us kick off at 9am,

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    The results of the poll are great but to be honest I thought that the atmosphere towards the end of the season at the Lane was a little lame at times.

When the place rocks there is no finer place to be however I thought that there were other grounds to either match or better ours last season as well as league one,

Bradford has a cracking atmosphere as I am sure its the way the stands are situated and the environment or maybe I just cant put my finger on it.

Birmingham away this season was also really loud although I have seen it on TV earlier in the season when it has been like a library,

Bristol City had the potential also but we silenced them by going 3 - 0 up early doors,

Going further back, Stoke has always been vociferous,

Hope I haven't shown disloyalty but just being realistic really, so wondered if anybody else had a view on this,
    Bradford, good atmosphere about 2 or 3 times a season especially when they play local clubs
    Birmingham, massive game for them, used to be loud but no more
    Bristol City, no way, better support from Rovers
    Stoke, good at the old Victoria Ground, still a good atmosphere but seems to be diminishing.