+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who nicked the Taxpayers' dosh..?

Question Who nicked the Taxpayers' dosh..?

...and still some people will vote for the Tories!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...cid=spartandhp

Hammond looks perplexed as usual...

Attachment 6856

I read that just before I went to bed BT, thinking phuckin idiots.

Is it another scare tactic for Brexit though ?

The bottom line is we are in debt, and the figure really doesn't matter that much (until interest rates rise then the sh!t will hit the fan).

I said when America started this home loans nonsense and brought everything crashing down that our debt would not be paid off (if at all) until my children's children grew up, now with the way the Tories are addressing it we'll be lucky if we claw anything back by the year 3000.

Like I said on another thread I never trust any Government statistic/forecast and seeing that somehow they have managed to misplace Billions just adds to my case.

It's not a question of where the money's gone, it's why we thought it was there in the first place if it wasn't. If the ONS can be out by £500 billion on this, how much else are they getting wrong ? And if the figures the government are being given to work with are simply rubbish, and totally unreliable as seems to be the case, we're fecked, whoever is in government.

Without any shadow of a doubt we are well and truly fecked with this current lot running the country!

Would you in all honesty buy a used car from any of these dodgy barstewards..?

Attachment 6860Attachment 6860

And that is after 10 years of austerity.So what now-more austerity or Corbyn borrowing even more?

Corbyn & McDonnell will tax the top 5% until their pips squeak, the MNC's will suddenly find their tax wheezes and dodgy dealings in tax havens cut off at source and of course they will simply borrow more off the Saudis with no honest intentions of paying any of it back!

Attachment 6861

BT, where does the country get it's wealth to pay for stuff?

Successful businesses.

How does it help the countries wealth if we shove up their corporation tax massively? Who would suffer? We ALL will.

Yes, let's try to make sure that everyone pays their fair share but let's not tax our wealth earners so much that they bugger off.

Now, more than ever, we need to support our well run and profitable businesses to keep them competitive on the world stage. It's the only money we have coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ...and still some people will vote for the Tories!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news...cid=spartandhp
    So the half a trillion reserve they thought we had doesn’t exist. Isn’t that what Liam Byrnes letter actually promised.
    Name:  FC7D4B03-0F84-4B3A-9CC6-F5989AE792D8.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  20.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    BT, where does the country get it's wealth to pay for stuff?

Successful businesses.

How does it help the countries wealth if we shove up their corporation tax massively? Who would suffer? We ALL will.

Yes, let's try to make sure that everyone pays their fair share but let's not tax our wealth earners so much that they bugger off.

Now, more than ever, we need to support our well run and profitable businesses to keep them competitive on the world stage. It's the only money we have coming in.
    We agree again 59-60, this is getting boring.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)