+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Raith

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I would like to say i was sitting here with a bag full of positivity, but i rather think im resigned to the fact that we are not going anywhere near the top flight, either by wining the league, and definitely not by the play-offs. It seems to be a 3rd quarter ritual where our form falls through the floor, but that usually shows signs of revival during may, and i just dont see it happening consistently enough.

Most arabs i know personally are absolutely scunnered with what the players are putting out on the pitch and have no expectations that, a, we beat Raith, and b, go on to win the league! Honestly never seen so little hope about the club!

As for the team, Walton is a given, but as you move forward, Holt seems to be giving concern for the season, never mind this game. After last weekend, i doubt even Shedka could come up with a reason to play Grimshaw ahead of Thomson, and how long are we without McMann? Fingers crossed that the best midfielders in the league make this as they are needed more than ever, but due to injuries and form, who plays around them? Does the experiment with a more advanced Tillson return, does one or the other out of Mochrie and Meekieson get a chance, and out wide, i think its only Kai and Cudjoe remaining if Middleton and Thomson are needed elsewhere.

So.....

Walton,
    Thomson, Gallagher, Graham, Middleton,
    Docherty, Sibbald,
    Kai, Mochrie, Watt,
    Moult.

Just fecking give it a go boys!
    The negativity is understandable and the lack of expectation too.
    But football has a habit of surprising, can our lads surprise us with a result few of us are expecting.
    Raith will definitely be encouraged by our poor form, Murray will tell them to keep it tight and hope our fans turn on the team. They'll be confident and they'll try to niggle us.
    Looks like we'll be missing Holt, Wotherspoon and maybe also McMann. Louis seems to be playing through a slight injury concern too.
    Somehow Goodwin needs to get a siege mentality going but I've seen no evidence that he's capable of it. Maybe the players can do it for themselves.
    If we can somehow win this the advantage is back with us.
    No issues with your lineup Chick. But if we start Thomson at RB he has to defend and not rush ahead leaving big spaces in behind. Goodwin obviously prefers Mochrie to Meekison, from what little I've seen of Meekison he looks more capable of opening up defences. If we finally start to convert simple chances who knows...
    C'mon United 🧡

Before Saturday (so the 6 games since we last played them) Rovers form over the last 6 matches was the same as ours. So yeah, including Saturday, our form is marginally worse than theirs. This is why I think this is going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Before Saturday (so the 6 games since we last played them) Rovers form over the last 6 matches was the same as ours. So yeah, including Saturday, our form is marginally worse than theirs. This is why I think this is going all the way.
    I would say that during the January window Raith strengthened their squad and we weakened ours.What makes it. worse is Goodwin either can't see this or does not want to admit he has phucked up. He keeps playing loan players that are simply not good enough to get us up.Don't get me wrong there are plenty of our own players who come into that category too but adding more shyte to the pot is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    The negativity is understandable and the lack of expectation too.
    But football has a habit of surprising, can our lads surprise us with a result few of us are expecting.
    Raith will definitely be encouraged by our poor form, Murray will tell them to keep it tight and hope our fans turn on the team. They'll be confident and they'll try to niggle us.
    Looks like we'll be missing Holt, Wotherspoon and maybe also McMann. Louis seems to be playing through a slight injury concern too.
    Somehow Goodwin needs to get a siege mentality going but I've seen no evidence that he's capable of it. Maybe the players can do it for themselves.
    If we can somehow win this the advantage is back with us.
    No issues with your lineup Chick. But if we start Thomson at RB he has to defend and not rush ahead leaving big spaces in behind. Goodwin obviously prefers Mochrie to Meekison, from what little I've seen of Meekison he looks more capable of opening up defences. If we finally start to convert simple chances who knows...
    C'mon United 🧡
    Seems like football in relation to the team i love is just going along and kicking me square in the plums as every day passes! Looks like Gallagher and Holt are both out and McMann is either in or out!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)