+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Neil getting support from main stream medai

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I would legalise drugs.
    Remember what happened after prohibition ended in America.
    You're insane

I would legalise drugs.
    Remember what happened after prohibition ended in America.
    I'd go the other way, first dealing offence 10 years, 2nd death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You're insane
    If you are such an expert on this subject I look forward to reading your suggestion for ending the drug problems in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd go the other way, first dealing offence 10 years, 2nd death penalty.
    The ‘do-gooders’ would never allow that.

Why is decriminalisation of drugs an acceptable policy for dealing with the problem? It's seems to me that the methadone programme is a perfect example of why legalising drugs does not work. I am not an expert and I would welcome someone who could explain why it is working and what it is achieving. Blaming the politicians and hoping that they can create legislation that will work seems unlikely. Draconian punishment might work and I wonder if there are countries who have achieved a reduction in drug abuse?

If you are such an expert on this subject I look forward to reading your suggestion for ending the drug problems in Scotland.
    Didn't say I'm an expert, however Stevie Wonder could see that legalising dangerous, lethal drugs is not the answer to preventing drug deaths; in fact the chances are they'd increase exponentially.

Only positive effect legalising could have would be to put the dealers out of business, but they'd just find other ways to ruin gullible and vulnerable people's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Why is decriminalisation of drugs an acceptable policy for dealing with the problem? It's seems to me that the methadone programme is a perfect example of why legalising drugs does not work. I am not an expert and I would welcome someone who could explain why it is working and what it is achieving. Blaming the politicians and hoping that they can create legislation that will work seems unlikely. Draconian punishment might work and I wonder if there are countries who have achieved a reduction in drug abuse?
    Couldn't agree more.

Far East countries seem to have far less tolerance of this......and......far less zombified people as a result.

Couldn't agree more.

Far East countries seem to have far less tolerance of this......and......far less zombified people as a result.
    Your comment about the Far East chimes with my impression of their attitudes however I wonder what the actual situation is. Opium dens, Vietnam's ability to corrupt young American servicemen and so on.

Couldn't agree more.

I think the far eastern countries tend just to corral them all together and let them get on with it rather than let them sleep on the streets and wander about pi55ing off the law abiding - no government money spent on junkies over that part of the world.

Our governments spend money on trying to 'rehabilitate' them and still get criticised and blamed when they kill themselves.

For the record I have no sympathy for drug addicts. I see it as a lifestyle choice not an illness regardless of whatever the PC mob would have us believe.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)