+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone game could be in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    It depends what weather forecast you look at. The BBC and Met Office forecasts are often at odds. For example this Sunday one says heavy rain the other light rain and sunny showers. It depends on what the outside contractors, aka the Burnley Ground Staff, can do to protect the pitch without major drainage improvements, who knows. The problem is there is heavy rain and there is heavy rain and also how localised it is. In addition to the lack of investment in the pitch we have so far this season had to cope with localised downpours that have played merry hell with a pitch susceptible to moderate to bad weather due to lack of investment. Twice so far this season we have had very localised extreme rain where different parts of Dundee experienced ludicrously different rainfall figures, e.g. the opening fixture which went ahead and the Aberdeen (h)
    postponed fixture. On both these days the rain figures were bizarre. The weather stations at Myrekirk and the Ferry were wildly different in rainfall figures those days not just a few, even 10% difference but double the rain one area v the other. It just comes down to luck. With the state of our pitch it leaves little options for error. On a couple of occasions our pitch was unplayable due to the odd/extreme rainfall the Dump was unplayable too something that their support don't want to believe true and our support are unaware of.

Unfortunately due to the lack of investment in the drainage we are at the mercy of the weather and if unlucky with the timing of the rain bands you are right Islay Sunday's game could be in doubt. Hopefully we'd have retained the ability to host the game next midweek if postponed. There is of course the March cup weekend free for us and the Fermers to fall back on.
    It must be costing Dundee Football Club a lot of money putting up the Burnley ground staff in hotels in Dundee plus paying the salaries of the two Brian’s who have been suspended on full pay.
    Perhaps the Burnley ground staff are staying in Ravensby Hall, Barry which for over a year has been advertised as an AirBNB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Do you realise that this season we have been criticised for leaving the pitch inspection too late when in fact it was the referee's late arrival that was a major factor and also for calling off the game mid morning to be followed by fans on social media at 2 pm telling everyone how the weather was clear and questioning the early call off? In the latter case the pitch was clearly still not playable despite the improved weather but you get the gist of the problem. The SPFL tend to want to give as long as is reasonably possible to allow the game to take place.

Our poor pitch maintainance/investment makes it much more difficult to wait given that the drainage is so poor and consequently pitch recovery time lengthened. An early look would be appropriate but notwithstanding the pitch problematic of our own making it is/will be a difficult decision a to when to act regarding an inspection.
    Greg Fenton was complaining bitterly to the Press and Media about the Aberdeen game being called off an hour before kickoff yet there was not a cheep from him when the St Johnstone on 2nd January 2024 was also called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
    Perhaps John Nelms was not happy about Fenton speaking out about the Aberdeen game being called off because it did not fit Nelms criteria of saying nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Greg Fenton was complaining bitterly to the Press and Media about the Aberdeen game being called off an hour before kickoff yet there was not a cheep from him when the St Johnstone on 2nd January 2024 was also called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
    Perhaps John Nelms was not happy about Fenton speaking out about the Aberdeen game being called off because it did not fit Nelms criteria of saying nothing.
    As well as having an unreasonably intense dislike of John Nelms you seem to be going down the same road with Greg Fenton who has done you absolutely no wrong - unless he also didn't notice you on your unannounced visit to Gardyne of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    As well as having an unreasonably intense dislike of John Nelms you seem to be going down the same road with Greg Fenton who has done you absolutely no wrong - unless he also didn't notice you on your unannounced visit to Gardyne of course.
    On the contrary.
    It was Greg Fenton who sent an email to the secretary of Dee4life the day after our visit stating that I was abusive to staff. More lies.
    Almost a year ago Greg Fenton stated in an email that I was welcome to come into Gardyne to have a chat with him over tea and biscuits about any concerns I had.
    I replied thanking him for his offer but I would be bringing my wife with me as a witness as a result of what his boss John Nelms stated in his letter to the Dee4life board of directors which also broke the Data Protection Act and possibly the GDPR rules, about my visit to the Clubs offices at Gardyne.
    I never received a reply from Greg Fenton.

Which unannounced visit was that.
    I had previously arranged by phone to pick up the unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip.
    If the rest of the Dee4life board of directors had given Alison Maguire a decent framed signed strip for Dee Promotions to raffle instead of the unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip there would have been no need for me to make the infamous trip to the Club’s offices at Gardyne accompanied by my wife.

Which unannounced visit was that.
    I had previously arranged by phone to pick up the unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip.
    If the rest of the Dee4life board of directors had given Alison Maguire a decent framed signed strip for Dee Promotions to raffle instead of the unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip there would have been no need for me to make the infamous trip to the Club’s offices at Gardyne accompanied by my wife.
    The one where you went in to pick up a signed shirt then decided when you were there that you wanted a site tour - an entirely unannounced and unplanned site tour. It was good of the staff to say they would do it but really, and in all honesty, you were a bit out of order even asking for it.

On the contrary.
    It was Greg Fenton who sent an email to the secretary of Dee4life the day after our visit stating that I was abusive to staff. More lies.
    Almost a year ago Greg Fenton stated in an email that I was welcome to come into Gardyne to have a chat with him over tea and biscuits about any concerns I had.
    I replied thanking him for his offer but I would be bringing my wife with me as a witness as a result of what his boss John Nelms stated in his letter to the Dee4life board of directors which also broke the Data Protection Act and possibly the GDPR rules, about my visit to the Clubs offices at Gardyne.
    I never received a reply from Greg Fenton.
    Greg Fenton, most likely, did what John Nelms asked him to do. I'd expect John Nelms will have worded the email and asked Greg Fenton to send it on his behalf.

Greg Fenton offered an olive branch but you imposed an unreasonable condition so it can't really be a surprise to you that communication broke down can it? You surely can't expect someone who has offered you an informal forum to accept a condition that essentially formalises that forum can you? I'd definitely refuse such a condition if I was in Greg's position. Was the idea of Mrs Islay being there for her to take minutes of the meeting? You essentially tried to weaponise that potential meeting.

Please accept my apology for stating the reality of the situation above but it really is past the point where you need to let this go before it consumes you completely.

Greg Fenton, most likely, did what John Nelms asked him to do. I'd expect John Nelms will have worded the email and asked Greg Fenton to send it on his behalf.

Greg Fenton offered an olive branch but you imposed an unreasonable condition so it can't really be a surprise to you that communication broke down can it? You surely can't expect someone who has offered you an informal forum to accept a condition that essentially formalises that forum can you? I'd definitely refuse such a condition if I was in Greg's position. Was the idea of Mrs Islay being there for her to take minutes of the meeting? You essentially tried to weaponise that potential meeting.

Please accept my apology for stating the reality of the situation above but it really is past the point where you need to let this go before it consumes you completely.
    Mrs Islay would have been there as a witness in case more lies was stated in a letter/email about our latest visit.
    I will give you a tip.
    If someone crosses me they will face the consequences of their actions no matter how long it takes and I harbour grudges for years.

You are the person who started this latest detour from the topic not me.

You are the person who started this latest detour from the topic not me.
    Deflection again. Truth can be a bit of a bugger can't it?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)