+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Captain Announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Very sensible decision, can communicate, see the game well and will not pick up the amount of yellows Shinniesta did, mind you, with our officials you genuinely don’t know.

SF
    What we need in addition to a captain though is someone (preferably many someone’s) that are going to constantly nip the ref’s ears about bad decisions. Shinnie was pretty good at that and clearly Lewis won’t get much of a chance to do it so the other players need to step up and stop being so nice in many cases.

That wee bellend Jack was made captain as part of signing a new contract. I doubt Joe would have insisted on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    What we need in addition to a captain though is someone (preferably many someone’s) that are going to constantly nip the ref’s ears about bad decisions. Shinnie was pretty good at that and clearly Lewis won’t get much of a chance to do it so the other players need to step up and stop being so nice in many cases.
    Absolutely this.
    Nip at the ref.
    Also like it when one of our players gets halved by an opponent, that we have three or four players in about basically saying “don’t come the c**t”.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Oh how they laughed when I mentioned on this very forum at the end of last year that Lewis would replace Shinnie as captain. If I do recall correctly all the 'experts' were saying Devlin was shoo-in
    well woopee fkn doo
    Go collect your blue peter badge....

Sensible choice and quite possibly the only choice

All the best Joe

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

and quite possibly the only choice
    Which is a big worry.

Along with McKenna not getting it, is that because he will be offsky? Devlin and Considine starting CBs. Oh for f@ck sake

It's a good move.

Allows the younger players time to grow into their positions without the pressure of being captain.

Martin Buchan was an exception.

A bad move not making Scott McKenna the club captain by the management team. McKenna is Scottish, the outstanding talent in the team and has the highest club profile.
    Nothing against Joe Lewis as I like him but I think this is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A bad move not making Scott McKenna the club captain by the management team. McKenna is Scottish, the outstanding talent in the team and has the highest club profile.
    Nothing against Joe Lewis as I like him but I think this is a mistake.
    McKenna's got enough to be getting on with learning how to play the game consistently without having to worry about what everyone else is doing and all the behind the scenes stuff.

Exactly.
    Plus if he doesn't go this summer he's always going to be linked with a move.

Here's hoping Lewis is our captain for many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by azazel View Post
    McKenna's got enough to be getting on with learning how to play the game consistently without having to worry about what everyone else is doing and all the behind the scenes stuff.
    The manager obviously doesn’t have enough faith in the lad. I personally think he would have grown stronger with the responsibility. Winning matches as club captain breeds confidence. McKenna is the highest profile player we have and is very decent....we should have trusted him and gave him the opportunity.
    It looks even more ridiculous that he was the vice captain last season but not chosen when Shinnie left.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast