+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Silly Billy' at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    He is no longer associated with Leeds or Hull and Adam Pearson was a penny pincher hold all his money to himself and never spent a penny at the clubs he was associated with. Good businessman not in the slightest....
    I actually said 'respectable'...wouldn't know if he's 'good'. You may be right about Leeds but he was holding up the Challenge Cup in Hull about a fortnight ago so I think he can claim some 'association'. Possibly even the owner of Hull FC (RLFC) so...tread carefully!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I actually said 'respectable'...wouldn't know if he's 'good'. You may be right about Leeds but he was holding up the Challenge Cup in Hull about a fortnight ago so I think he can claim some 'association'. Possibly even the owner of Hull FC (RLFC) so...tread carefully!
    He owns Hull Rugby and may have won the Challenge Cup in his tenure recently but I'm not talking about his time in Rugby because it's a different sport and I'm simply talking about his time in football when he was chairman of Hull City, Leeds Utd & Derby County where his tenure wasn't so good as his tenure in Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    He owns Hull Rugby and may have won the Challenge Cup in his tenure recently but I'm not talking about his time in Rugby because it's a different sport and I'm simply talking about his time in football when he was chairman of Hull City, Leeds Utd & Derby County where his tenure wasn't so good as his tenure in Rugby.
    Look chap...I did say Hull RLFC all along...and they've actually won the Challenge Cup for the last two years.
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence and it seems unlikely you've got any as Hull FC - which I understand is confusingly named because they're actually a rugby league club - is a thoroughly reputable and very successful club.
    Just be careful with your accusations, people have been banned for a great deal less!

Look chap...I did say Hull RLFC all along...and they've actually won the Challenge Cup for the last two years.
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence and it seems unlikely you've got any as Hull FC - which I understand is confusingly named because they're actually a rugby league club - is a thoroughly reputable and very successful club.
    Just be careful with your accusations, people have been banned for a great deal less!
    Hull FC and HRLFC are two totally different clubs they might share the same ground but run completely by different people. Adam Pearson is a successful businessman in Rugby but he wasn't a very successful businessman in football as there was plenty of controversy surrounding him let's put it that way and I seen pretty much everything that he has been involved in with sports since he came into the scene and he has had more success out of football then he has when he was involved in it.

He has undergone bad business and done good business depends on how you look at him from a sports fan perspective, I know him more from Football and that's where I take my views in consideration.

Look chap...
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence ....
    This rule doesn't apply to him.
    I suspect he's Ratflea's 💘 child

Look...this is not really the point, but you're wrong. I know quite a lot about Rugby League...got brought up with it. There are two rugby league clubs in Hull. One, not currently so successful, is Hull Kingston Rovers (Hull KR), the other - currently highly successful - are Hull FC who share a ground with the Hull City AFC we played last Friday. As I've said, it's confusing to have a rugby league team called Hull FC but that's how it is and Adam Pearson is their chairman. It's also confusing to have a team of Rhinos in Leeds and Wolves in Warrington but I didn't make up their bloody silly names.
    If you still don't believe me, google Hull FC and you'll find a rugby league team who play in black and white who won the Challenge Cup at Wembley against Wigan when we were losing to Sheffield United.
    It is alright to be wrong sometimes!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    This rule doesn't apply to him.
    I suspect he's Ratflea's �� child
    I guess you not a risk taker and had a knife to your chest and prepare to sacrifice everything for the sake of getting your views across.

No matter the danger I'll face it dead on, bit like Derby on match days when against their opposition they are ready for anything.

Look...this is not really the point, but you're wrong. I know quite a lot about Rugby League...got brought up with it. There are two rugby league clubs in Hull. One, not currently so successful, is Hull Kingston Rovers (Hull KR), the other - currently highly successful - are Hull FC who share a ground with the Hull City AFC we played last Friday. As I've said, it's confusing to have a rugby league team called Hull FC but that's how it is and Adam Pearson is their chairman. It's also confusing to have a team of Rhinos in Leeds and Wolves in Warrington but I didn't make up their bloody silly names.
    If you still don't believe me, google Hull FC and you'll find a rugby league team who play in black and white who won the Challenge Cup at Wembley against Wigan when we were losing to Sheffield United.
    Which I already said that they share a ground and won the challenge cup and so forth you sir are repeating the same thing over and over again and looking to start a gauntlet match once more and taking this whole discussion into a new entirely new perspective. For that reason to avoid getting into the usual gauntlet match I'm putting you on ignore.

Back off R, you know you won't win, we all know the score here including your old mates Ramjet and Swale who I sense lurking in the long grass behind the stadium
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-09-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Back off R, you know you won't win, we all know the score here including your old mates Ramjet and Swale who I sense lurking in the long grass behind the stadium
    You can lead a horse to water Andy...I wasn't looking for a 'gauntlet match', whatever one of those is, but he's just plain wrong on this one and I can't believe it's acceptable to call an innocent man a 'crook' but you get carded for what Stenson said. That's actually insane.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)