+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hang them high

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    I hope you get your peace one way or other, I have friends and family over there who are good decent people, friends from both sides and family who don't go in for the sectarian shyte, once you ignore the religion or political stand of the people we're all the same, had some great nights out in Belfast and will again some day when perhaps all the murals are gone or are simply tourist attractions and the boys have gone for good.

Still reckon your fae Feegie Park though.

well thank you for that

I hope the Aussies win the ashes !

To be fair though, the brits have a tradition of giving knighthoods to all sorts of reprehensible people - this despite (or possibly because of) the much vaunted pre-knighthood vetting carried out by MI5/6

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Thats the problem with RMDU he steadfastly refuses to see any cause and effect. Its doubtful if the IRA would have ever reformed had it not been for the constant attacks on the peaceful civil rights movement in the late 60s. There was discrimination and total injustice all over NI in those days, Catholic families were attacked by loyalist thugs aided by the security forces, hundreds were burned out. In the first years of the conflict the Provisionals' main activities were defending Irish nationalist areas from attacks. The British role in Ireland over the years and centuries is nothing short of an abomination but of course RMDU will never ever acknowledge that or admit the British caused the whole sorry episode in Ireland
    I am well aware of why the IRA reformed and have never denied the role the British government had in the troubles, I have never defended the loyalist paramilitaries and know first hand how folk were treated, however denying the IRA did not engage in criminal acts, including drug trafficking, to raise funds is utterly preposterous, they controlled what went in and out and drugs was part of the game. The peace process put these guys out of work and they still to this day use their intimidation tactics to earn an income, drug dealing is just another side line for them, the ceasefire is solid, but the boys haven't gone away.

Of course I could use an SNP tactic and blame it on the English, but seeing as we are all British I reckon it would be churlish to omit the Scots and the Irish from the finger pointing and as such we must all accept some responsibility for the phuk up that Ireland was over the last century.

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    really dont care what you think

foryou its always

IRA= black cowboy hats

British= white cowboy hats

mass murderers is an easy term to bandy about,,never heard you saying to much when a statue was put up in honour of a real mass murderer,,SIR, Yes, SIR Arthur Harris !!
    The British on the whole are a shower of b@stards, if there's a thread on here about Arthur Harris, then I'll comment on that as I see fit.

'Mass murderers' is an easy term to band about, it applies to the IRA, it applies to the British Army, it applies to Pablo Escobar & it applies to Joseph Stalin, apologies that I didn't see fit to mention every mass murderer in history when I joined the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by AguyIknow View Post
    I googled the author of the article rolf clings to like a comfort blanket and it seems the author Jim Cusack isn't exactly what you'd call well respected amongst the Irish

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice...-agenda-4.html

"Jim Cusack has produced another slew of articles alleging IRA involvement in drug dealing. For example he claims that murder victim David Douglas was a member of an IRA Active Service Unit.

The latest gangland feud victim, David Douglas, was a key figure in the 'finance' wing of the IRA, which moved from 'anti-drugs' activities into the centre of drugs importation for the main south and west Dublin gangs now referred to as the Kinahan Cartel. Douglas was an 'active service unit' (ASU) volunteer with the Provisional IRA employed in 'fund raising' for the organisation from the early 1980s. He was caught by gardai during a robbery of a post office in Tallaght in which he pointed and fired a rifle at a garda. He received a 12-year sentence for attempted murder.

Is there any evidence to support these allegations? Did David Douglas have a conviction for membership of the IRA? Is there any evidence at all that he was an IRA member? "

Yes David Douglas did commit an armed robbery and did do time for it,
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...rofile-8333117
    but there was no mention of his being in the IRA. Of course that doesn't really suit Jim Cusack's agenda so he garnishes the story to suck in the gullible like Rolf

It seems Jim Cusack is cut from the same journalistic cloth as Ruth Dudley Edwards, Jim Traynor, et al
    David Douglas was an IRA man, he was done for guns and robbery before being done for drugs.

The journo might be a bit on the loopy side, but you try writing articles exposing the provos without sweating like a bombay money lender.

I don't get this desire to try to deny they sold drugs, the provos made money from trafficking drugs, bug phukin deal, on the scale of what they done this is way way down the list, accept it and move on furfuxake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersmandownunder View Post
    I am well aware of why the IRA reformed and have never denied the role the British government had in the troubles, I have never defended the loyalist paramilitaries and know first hand how folk were treated, however denying the IRA did not engage in criminal acts, including drug trafficking, to raise funds is utterly preposterous, they controlled what went in and out and drugs was part of the game. The peace process put these guys out of work and they still to this day use their intimidation tactics to earn an income, drug dealing is just another side line for them, the ceasefire is solid, but the boys haven't gone away.

Of course I could use an SNP tactic and blame it on the English, but seeing as we are all British I reckon it would be churlish to omit the Scots and the Irish from the finger pointing and as such we must all accept some responsibility for the phuk up that Ireland was over the last century.

You are wrong..undoubtedly some former IRAmembers have dabbled in the drugs trade,,but drugs have always been scorned opon by the Provisional IRA leadership,,in fact DAAD ( a cover name for the IRA)executed 10 known drugs dealers IN belfast and other cities, and wounded several others,,some of those killed were ex- volunteers,,the feeling on the ground was " dont F**k with drugs or face the consequences". Speaking from experience,,e-tabs, blow, charlie, was rarer then hens teeth in republicn areas when the IRA were around,,,maybe that has changed,,im not sure,,if there are drugs being controlled by Ex IRA,,theres not a lot they can do about it,,they are on ceasefire,,dammed if they do,,dammned if they dont. anyway,,there fund raising exploits are much more intricate and complex the selling a few ees on a street corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    The British on the whole are a shower of b@stards, if there's a thread on here about Arthur Harris, then I'll comment on that as I see fit.

'Mass murderers' is an easy term to band about, it applies to the IRA, it applies to the British Army, it applies to Pablo Escobar & it applies to Joseph Stalin, apologies that I didn't see fit to mention every mass murderer in history when I joined the conversation.
    apology accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post

I can see wee Stewey and atimiknow in their Che Guevara t-shirts, the smelly Argie rich kid who when he managed to overthrow the government done a bit of the mass murdering himself and then got shot when trying to take over another country.

The smell basturt should have stuck to selling the t-shirts!

Why does Rolf call everyone on here who disagrees with him "wee" so and so? Is he some sort of giant?

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    You are wrong..undoubtedly some former IRAmembers have dabbled in the drugs trade,,but drugs have always been scorned opon by the Provisional IRA leadership,,in fact DAAD ( a cover name for the IRA)executed 10 known drugs dealers IN belfast and other cities, and wounded several others,,some of those killed were ex- volunteers,,the feeling on the ground was " dont F**k with drugs or face the consequences". Speaking from experience,,e-tabs, blow, charlie, was rarer then hens teeth in republicn areas when the IRA were around,,,maybe that has changed,,im not sure,,if there are drugs being controlled by Ex IRA,,theres not a lot they can do about it,,they are on ceasefire,,dammed if they do,,dammned if they dont. anyway,,there fund raising exploits are much more intricate and complex the selling a few ees on a street corner.
    They ran it through Dublin and into the UK, I think they were happy to pour some misery on the "Brits", unfortunately a whole generation of Dubliners got hooked, or do we still call them "Westbrits"?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)