+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Odds 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Anyone know of odds on Notts avoiding the drop?
    Afraid not, I've been looking around myself and can't find any. Someone mentioned 11/4 on here, but I can't remember who. It would be a great chance of a guaranteed big profit for me, because the £5 bet I put on relegation in August is now offering a cashout option of £162.04. I could cashout part of it and put it on staying up, and win a fair bit whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Afraid not, I've been looking around myself and can't find any. Someone mentioned 11/4 on here, but I can't remember who. It would be a great chance of a guaranteed big profit for me, because the £5 bet I put on relegation in August is now offering a cashout option of £162.04. I could cashout part of it and put it on staying up, and win a fair bit whatever happens.
    You could go on Betfair Exchange and lay-off part of your bet ( it is available ). Wouldn't you be happier though if you lost all that money and Notts stayed up? And if the worst happens then the at least you've got some compensation, which I assume is why you bet in the first place. If you are confident that Notts will stay up then cash the lot in now because the cashout amount will only get smaller if Notts continue to improve.

Ben Mayhew and his stats based Experimental361 website have us at an 82% chance of going down.

Smart betting Elite, hope you get a cashout and guaranteed profit

Of note, Notts to beat FGR is 7/1 at b365, yes SEVEN to one, I appreciate Notts wouldn't be the favourite, but 7/1!?

Smart betting Elite, hope you get a cashout and guaranteed profit

Of note, Notts to beat FGR is 7/1 at b365, yes SEVEN to one, I appreciate Notts wouldn't be the favourite, but 7/1!?
    Before yesterday most would have thought they were fair odds. I think a lot will be getting stuck in at that price now though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Before yesterday most would have thought they were fair odds. I think a lot will be getting stuck in at that price now though.
    Just put £8.37 (to put my account back into round figures) on the away win at 7/1 with William Hill. If we do happen to score first, the draw and home win 'in-play' odds will guarantee me a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just put £8.37 (to put my account back into round figures) on the away win at 7/1 with William Hill. If we do happen to score first, the draw and home win 'in-play' odds will guarantee me a profit.
    Further to that, most bookies also offer a 'double chance' market where you can back two of the three possible results in one bet.

Bet365 are offering 2/1 on either a draw or a Notts win, which looks good value to me.

Anyone know of odds on Notts avoiding the drop?
    William Hill were offering 3.75 last week,but in the specials section where you have to tweet them with a request for odds, and you can't put them in accumulators.

Our odds for relegation are even shorter now than they were before Saturday so I reckon they'd probably give you odds of 4.00 now (3 -1 in old money.)

Nice to see bookmakers actually getting a shoeing for once, not only did many pile in at 7/1 then 6/1 on the Notts win but SakyBet put a price boost of 16/1 on Notts + BTTS

Odds on avoiding the drop now seems to have established itself as a market.

Pre FGR SakyBet offered 4/1 on avoiding the drop, I don't think this offered value given that you could get 7/1 on the Notts win, which was realistically the only result that would shorten* the odds.
    Fast forward to this week and it's now 7/4 (2.75) at both Saky and Paddy to avoid the drop, again I think this isn't a value bet, if Notts fail to pick up any points the odds to avoid the drop will lengthen* probably back to 3 or 4/1 again, whilst a Notts to win or draw vs Stags is 21/20 (2.05)

Each to their own of course, you'd have to be a brave man betting on Notts to win at 7/2 (4.50) Given they never seem to show up! Saky have again boosted the Notts win and BTTS, 8/1 this time, regardless of the terrible Notts derby form I'd imagine a few with winnings will be repeating this Notts+BTTS that blew the doors off at FGR.

Shorten = decrease the odds.
    Lengthen = increase the odds.
    Last edited by matt5cott; 11-02-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Nice to see bookmakers actually getting a shoeing for once, not only did many pile in at 7/1 then 6/1 on the Notts win but SakyBet put a price boost of 16/1 on Notts + BTTS

Odds on avoiding the drop now seems to have established itself as a market.

Pre FGR SakyBet offered 4/1 on avoiding the drop, I don't think this offered value given that you could get 7/1 on the Notts win, which was realistically the only result that would shorten* the odds.
    Fast forward to this week and it's now 7/4 (2.75) at both Saky and Paddy to avoid the drop, again I think this isn't a value bet, if Notts fail to pick up any points the odds to avoid the drop will lengthen* probably back to 3 or 4/1 again, whilst a Notts to win or draw vs Stags is 21/20 (2.05)

Each to their own of course, you'd have to be a brave man betting on Notts to win at 7/2 (4.50) Given they never seem to show up! Saky have again boosted the Notts win and BTTS, 8/1 this time, regardless of the terrible Notts derby form I'd imagine a few with winnings will be repeating this Notts+BTTS that blew the doors off at FGR.

Shorten = decrease the odds.
    Lengthen = increase the odds.
    I didn't really understand any of that . . . what is BTTS?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast