+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mccann/haber

The difference is NM acted in a way that had a very positive result for the club. I'm hopeful that this shows him in a very good light and it will help him with managing our team to success.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Its just what you'd expect from a manager.
    Could this be a sealion speaking through gritted teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    OYF im away to get the popcorn in,this has the makings of a long thread

The difference is NM acted in a way that had a very positive result for the club. I'm hopeful that this shows him in a very good light and it will help him with managing our team to success.
    NM acted in a way the fans were desperate for in that particular game - physical and direct against a very weak opponent i.e. putting in Haber. This was forced on him from what I can see, so jury still out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    NM acted in a way the fans were desperate for in that particular game - physical and direct against a very weak opponent i.e. putting in Haber. This was forced on him from what I can see, so jury still out for me.
    His hand was forced somewhat but if he was a stubborn bugger he wuda went one up top, still had to do what was best for the team and he made that decision.

As an aside I think ill find it much easier to forgive mccanns mistakes when he makes them as he comes across so well and so clearly when discussing the team.

There seemed to be a huge togetherness amongst the team on weds Tha hasn't been evident since NM first couple of games.

That in itself wont make you a good manager but fostering this "why not Dundee", "winners mentality" wont do any harm.

I always got the feeling ph was in it for ph, I sense off McCann hes in it for the club and personal ambition maybe a distant 2nd.

Just my opinion though.

Oh god you've used the s word.��

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    OYF im away to get the popcorn in,this has the makings of a long thread
    Awe, got a wee stiffy?

Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    His hand was forced somewhat but if he was a stubborn bugger he wuda went one up top, still had to do what was best for the team and he made that decision.

As an aside I think ill find it much easier to forgive mccanns mistakes when he makes them as he comes across so well and so clearly when discussing the team.

There seemed to be a huge togetherness amongst the team on weds Tha hasn't been evident since NM first couple of games.

That in itself wont make you a good manager but fostering this "why not Dundee", "winners mentality" wont do any harm.

I always got the feeling ph was in it for ph, I sense off McCann hes in it for the club and personal ambition maybe a distant 2nd.

Just my opinion though.
    Don't get this 'managers in it for themselves' nonsense.

Managers ultimately are only successful if their team is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Don't get this 'managers in it for themselves' nonsense.

Managers ultimately are only successful if their team is successful.
    Its just a feeling I got off McCann, like his managerial path had been mapped oot plus always trying to see things in players others couldn't.

Example I don't get the feeling Brenda is using tic as a stepping stone but got the feeling waghorn was.

Oops that shud read ph.

Ffs cracking up meant warburton
    Last edited by Returnofrros; 11-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Just my opinion though.
    His team against Ross County smacked of I know best. He didn't. Not to say fans know best, but we're not mugs, we know what we're seeing. The team which started the season proper would have struggled on Wednesday, imo, could have been ET and pens. My mood lifted tremendously when I saw El Bak and Haber were starting. I expect to see them both on Saturday, much tougher game as well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)