+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy St Patrick's day.

Come Brexit all the Micks can bugger off home, real Micks AND plastic ones
    Last edited by lescand; 18-03-2017 at 11:35 AM. Reason: forgot the punctuation to be sure to be sure

only one st george's day foook the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    only one st george's day foook the rest.
    I think they say something similar in Barcelona.

Racists

Name:  Neymar-haircut.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  25.0 KB

Id rather watch Leeds or Sheff Wensday or Sheff United, than support St Patrick's (Ireland) or St David's (Wales) or St Andrew's (Scotland) day.
    They couldnt care less about us and our own St George's day, so why should I/we care about theirs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Id rather watch Leeds or Sheff Wensday or Sheff United, than support St Patrick's (Ireland) or St David's (Wales) or St Andrew's (Scotland) day.
    They couldnt care less about us and our own St George's day, so why should I/we care about theirs ?
    Cheer up Acidee it may never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Why do some get all excited about another country's patron saint?

A thread about St Patrick's Day on an England forum. God, the irony.

I hope we thrash the Irish this weekend, as I do with any sport, any country.

No wonder we are walked over as a nation.
    Who's walking over us now ? It is usually us who do the walking over which is why we are having invaded 180 out of 200 nations in the world are top of the United Nations World Aggressors League.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBasie View Post
    Who's walking over us now ? It is usually us who do the walking over which is why we are having invaded 180 out of 200 nations in the world are top of the United Nations World Aggressors League.
    Redbasie, it wasn't meant in a political/power happy manner.
    It was more to do with in a public manner, a suggestion that as a nation we tend to roll over and go with it, St. Patrick's Day being an example. I could go on about St. Georges Day being seen as offensive so we, as a whole, back down in fear, etc, blah, blah, but I won't.

Regarding the invasion of so many nations, surely the vast majority are in the distant past? If we invade these days it tends to be at the request of the USA.

Maybe another example of being walked over as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Redbasie, it wasn't meant in a political/power happy manner.
    It was more to do with in a public manner, a suggestion that as a nation we tend to roll over and go with it, St. Patrick's Day being an example. I could go on about St. Georges Day being seen as offensive so we, as a whole, back down in fear, etc, blah, blah, but I won't.

Regarding the invasion of so many nations, surely the vast majority are in the distant past? If we invade these days it tends to be at the request of the USA.

Maybe another example of being walked over as a nation.
    There are still some that are not in the distant past - Argentina, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya. Foreign corresponents used to tease Kate Adey about her work load . I dont think St George's Day as being offensive providing it is not like a Nazi rally preaching hate and superiority. In fact the more carnivals we have the better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast